Robbie Anderson: Looks like he's becoming a good route runner.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby has awesome body control and a natural ability to position himself nicely on the 50/50.

he doesn’t get beat on those like you’d think a slim guy would be getting beaten.

His body is actually similar to Randy Moss.  He’s not the freak athlete Moss was obviously but he’s still a good athlete 

Robby is not a #1 but he can be a very good #2

2 hours ago, tfine said:

I think the “1 receiver” concept is the most overrated concept in all of sports. Everyone judges and says this guys not a true #1, but no one lists the qualities of a true number one....QBs spread
the ball around more in today’s game. If our receivers can move the chains and hold on to the ball that’s all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I tend to agree with this

I don’t think this was true 20-30 years ago, but these spread offenses with a focus on the short, high percentage passes has changed things. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:14 PM, phill1c said:

Robbie is a poor man's Randy Moss. That's No. 1 type.

But he's not had a pro-style offense to support him:

• Crappy OL and no TE (it's gotten better the last two years)
  • Horrible offensive mindset and pedestrian playcalling

So, he is a great talent but has some shortcomings:

• More fast than quick
  • long target for defenders
  • can be outmuscled

He's a great complementary piece, but you really need someone with stones to catch contested balls in the clutch, you know, like Al Toon or Wayne Chrebet, someone that knows how to get it and to hold onto it.

I've never quite understood the difference.  Can someone explain?

13 hours ago, tfine said:

I think the “1 receiver” concept is the most overrated concept in all of sports. Everyone judges and says this guys not a true #1, but no one lists the qualities of a true number one....QBs spread
the ball around more in today’s game. If our receivers can move the chains and hold on to the ball that’s all I care about.

It's all about the QB anyway.  Or at least mostly.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've never quite understood the difference.  Can someone explain?

Fast is straight line speed, can be measured by the 40 yard dash. Quick is more like Edelman or Crowder, agile, can quickly stop and accelerate, change directions quickly but may not beat you in a break away play when they need to outrun defenders to the endzone.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tfine said:

It's the most overused expression that some think has actual weight. Being a "#1" receiver should only enter the discussion if we're talking about money: whether or not to extend him at $16-20MM/year. Since that isn't in the cards anyway - unless he has a 1500-yard, 10-TD season in 2019 - I don't get why this is repeated so often as though it matters. 

Unless there was some other off-field baggage the team knew about that we don't (e.g. failing 2 drug tests but not the 3rd one required for a suspension), extending him already was a no-brainer in the $10MM range, before yet another offseason of official cap limit increases and teams outbidding each other to drive prices up on every non- Pro Bowl player. 

Months before this past FA period began he was already (even publicly) chomping at the bit for an extension -- contrary to some who think every player and his agent myopically want to risk it all and delay a long term deal as much as possible to max out on annual inflation. On top of that, the team had great leverage with his heavy desire for a new deal; with him not reaching full UFA status for over a year; with him having cumulatively earned next to nothing thus far; with no one else willing to cough up even a late 2nd rounder for him; and with the earlier the better for the team to be able to use his prior off-field issues as further leverage. 

You do this before the leverage shift sets in; before he gets a full season with a much-improved QB with a live arm who can take advantage of his skillset, and a pass-happy HC/OC who wants to use it; before he adds another year of experience to further round out his game; before Enunwa gets injured again to increase the team's desperation; before he registers a 1000-yard (or more) season; before yet another year of compounded cap inflation; before another year of staying out of the news for unflattering non-football reasons; before the season ends when he'll have far less time and no injury risk to wait it out to get paid. In short, before all the things that cumulatively add to locking him up at $5MM (give or take) less per season have set in. Hell, a few million of any fully-guaranteed money was >95% guaranteed to be paid to him this year anyway (and it's now 99% unless he gets arrested for something serious), as the chances of him not making the 2019 opening day roster was/is minuscule. 

• 2 weeks later...
I never like Anderson.  Called him Anderlols.  I don't believe he is a legit #1 NFL WR.  I think his skill set is too limited, too niche, to truly fill the #1 role.  I also think he's shown himself to be an immature doofus who does doofus things off the field.
I hope he proves me wrong.  He has a hell of an opportunity this year.  I hope he makes the most out of it, makes me look foolish, and proves he is a #1 WR.

I know of one off the field incident. I’m sure most have one idiotic moment in their twenties. Do you know of more?

You chose to pay attention to what you want to https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/watch-jets-robby-anderson-holds-youth-sports-camp/309288000