Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

First throw to Quincy was even more impressive because the rush left him essentially square footed, parallel to the receiver.

That was all arm talent.

I am so psyched about Sam. All the tools, perfect attitude, football smart. 

On a side note...how stoked is the dude from USC that had the Darnold Jets jersey way back when. Lol. Wonder if Sam ever met that dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

First throw to Quincy was even more impressive because the rush left him essentially square footed, parallel to the receiver.

That was all arm talent.

Yeah, that first throw was fantastic - off his back foot, to a well covered receiver, right on the money.  Also the little head turn to the left before the throw, I think to draw the linebacker in to give him a lane to throw?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

They need to get this man an AV team.  Looks and sounds like a voiceover of him with a camcorder and his TV lol

You realize that's exactly what he's doing, and he's doing it on purpose.  It's not supposed to be a professionally created video.

Instead of waiting to go to the NFL network studio and break this stuff down on NFL Total Access, he's at home or in his office, watching replays on his TV or laptop and using his phone to post a video on twitter, in real time (or at least real time when he is watching the tape of the game).  He's been doing this since at least last year.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Yeah, that first throw was fantastic - off his back foot, to a well covered receiver, right on the money.  Also the little head turn to the left before the throw, I think to draw the linebacker in to give him a lane to throw?

He had Robbie split wide left on that play.  I think he was looking first to hit Robbie on a go route if the safety sucked in on the play action.  When the safety didn't bite, and had bracket coverage on Robbie, he turned to look for Q coming over the middle.  With the safety in deep bracket coverage on Robbie, Q was probably the 2nd read on that play.

Good play design and good job by Sam going through his progressions.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You realize that's exactly what he's doing, and he's doing it on purpose.  It's not supposed to be a professionally created video.

Instead of waiting to go to the NFL network studio and break this stuff down on NFL Total Access, he's at home or in his office, watching replays on his TV or laptop and using his phone to post a video on twitter, in real time (or at least real time when he is watching the tape of the game).  He's been doing this since at least last year.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's pretty much what he's doing I think.  Probably pointing an iPhone at his screen as he narrates.

Yeah, I do realize it.  My 10 year old can post a more professional twitter video than he can.  Actually if he has kids it would be a great tax write off.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

There's a middle ground between putting him in Canton based off of Baldinger who loves everyone breaking down preseason passes and saying he sucks.

Oh, for sure, but you weren’t really in that middle ground. You were in the ground that says he sucks

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well they were dumb then

I have no problem with people making opinions and throwing them out there, although I do think saying a QB sucks half way through his first year is way premature and likely driven by some agenda like not wanting to draft the player or wanting another player instead 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I have no problem with people making opinions and throwing them out there, although I do think saying a QB sucks half way through his first year is way premature and likely driven by some agenda like not wanting to draft the player or wanting another player instead 

Agreed. Honestly i don't remember anyone giving up on Sam. Not even other teams fans. If anything all the talk was this kid was going to be good and just be patient. Even bad game before the coaches let him get hurt people talked about his unique talents

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

No. It isn't premature. That's how the present tense works, Sally. If anybody said sucks and always will suck, sure, that would have been premature. Unless you're talking about somebody who tries to make a straw man argument and ends up getting worked by the straw man. I'm pretty confident that guy is gonna suck forever at everything.

It doesn’t really matter.  There appears to be many more that are willing to give Sam a chance, from his teammates, the fan base and the organization itself, from ownership to the scouts and coaching staff.  He doesn’t need anything more.  

Those of us who support him are enough. Hopefully it will be deserved.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Agreed. Honestly i don't remember anyone giving up on Sam. Not even other teams fans. If anything all the talk was this kid was going to be good and just be patient. Even bad game before the coaches let him get hurt people talked about his unique talents

That's a funny word round here. Baldy is a really good guy he used to hang out at pre game radio show at the Vet. That's back when Johnny Sample was doing Eagle Radio.