Untouchable

Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

He sucks, I read all over this forum last year how bad he was and how we would need to draft a new QB this year. #experts

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jack48 said:

cleveland trolls

Some, but also Jets fans

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Literally nobody was saying this.  Talk about bending the facts to fit a narrative.  Good job there.

Your wrong, ask @Matt39 , @CTM, @Miss Lonelyhearts And plenty of others were all saying it weekly. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

There's a middle ground between putting him in Canton based off of Baldinger who loves everyone breaking down preseason passes and saying he sucks.

Oh, for sure, but you weren’t really in that middle ground. You were in the ground that says he sucks

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No one said this

Yeah, they did 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well they were dumb then

I have no problem with people making opinions and throwing them out there, although I do think saying a QB sucks half way through his first year is way premature and likely driven by some agenda like not wanting to draft the player or wanting another player instead 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

No. It isn't premature. That's how the present tense works, Sally. If anybody said sucks and always will suck, sure, that would have been premature. Unless you're talking about somebody who tries to make a straw man argument and ends up getting worked by the straw man. I'm pretty confident that guy is gonna suck forever at everything.

Woh, take it easy big man, I’m a bit surprised an activist such as yourself would use a woman’s name as an insult?

I don’t find being a woman an insult, but to each his own.

Your entitled to your opinion, it’s all good big man, but one of your many, many quotes was, Baker is going to make his next coach look great and Sam is going to get his next coach fired. Not criticizing you for your opinion, merely stating there are plenty who have said he sucks.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well in NoBowles hysterical brain anything less than effusive Darnold praise means you want to draft a new QB and give up on Darnold. 

I don't think his mommy told him good boy enough back when he was an emotionally fragile adolescent 

My mom was a tough as nails Israeli broad, her compliments were not telling me I’m a **** up in Hebrew once in a while. Maybe that explains it?

not sure why so sensitive, I’m not criticizing your or anyone’s opinion, just pointing out there were plenty saying he sucks, and you were  one, all good though hombre.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Darnold is TBD as a player. Why is this such a controversial take?

Is Jameis a franchise QB? Darnold’s rookie season was similar to his.

Saying he’s TBD is not a hot take, repeatedly saying he sucks, during his rookie season, kinda is. Jameis had 3 years all the same. If Darnold has three like last year, I think it’s safe to say he sucks and we need a new QB. Although I also think Jameis has had some God awful coaching and may actually look legit under Bruce A.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well he did suck most of last year, he was always going to suck last year. 

I also dont think the guy is a slam dunk FQB. Hes a hell of a lot of fun to watch and seems like a good kid making it easy to root for him, but he has to get a hell of a lot of reps in somewhere to run the offense like the greats

None of that means I want to get rid of him though.

This makes me wish I could call my mom, and ask her if I’m a good boy 

I don’t think I’ve ever said he sucks unless it was an in the moment comment in a game thread.

Not criticizing your opinion; your entitled, but you made posts along the lines of , we need to draft another QB next year with our high first pick because Sam is not the guy

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I’ll always be in favor of increasing the odds for landing the most important position in sports over drafting a defensive tackle. It’s certainly unorthodox, but it makes some sense. I didn’t want the Jets to move on from Darnold, but the Cardinals made the right call with Murray/Rosen.

I’m a bit confused.... the cardinals did move on from Rosen after one year, so should the jets have moved on Fromm darnold or not? Let’s play this out, if the Jets drafted a QB this past draft in first round, who gets the reps? Who starts? If the new qb isn’t a superstar on day 1, do you draft another QB next year high?

you surprise me, I’ve always considered you to be a smart, rationale poster, but for some reason I can’t figure out, you’ve been quite irrational with Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

And why do we care about what people said last year?  

Last year? I still think cats who supported Rex post 2010 should be made to have a capita A over their profile pic till eternity!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good stuff.   i'm as cautious as anyone about getting hopeful, but I really think this Sam Darnold guy may be the one to get us there man. Noodle arm and all. 

Yeah, I mean, until they do it, they haven’t done it, and I wanted Sanchez to be the guy, and probably have him more slack than most. But Darnold looks the part more than most do, so no reason to piss on the parade just yet.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why? The Jets didnt draft Mahomes or Watson because of Hackenberg. 

So now your equating hackenberg to Darnold? What are the similarities you see? Also, Watson is a one read run first qb

Just now, Matt39 said:

Nah. Im saying if you have a top 3 pick and your franchise is a consistent loser, increasing the odds of finding the most important position in sports isnt a bad move. Darnold's rookie season shouldnt have convinced anyone who's being honest that he's 100% the franchise. What's the downside? Hurting a millionaire's feelings?

So what’s your goal, keep burning first round picks until you get a stud in his rookie year? BTW, what is Watson without Hopkins? Look at the numbers 

Just now, dbatesman said:

What numbers? Hopkins has started 31 games over the past two years, and the only one he missed was one that Watson missed too.

Your the math genius, you tell me

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’ll go look at the numbers

Ok, smooth, see if you can figure it ourout

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Who the hell are these guys here who think someone has to meet their expectations of how a Jet fan has to post here about any player?

If somebody doesn’t share your opinion, grow a pair and deal with it. 

51Q5vueOv1L.jpg

46 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’ll go look at the numbers

You figure it out yet, you can do it, your super duper smart, I know you got this, I’m here for moral support for you

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What? Somehow drafting QBs in consecutive years is sacrilegious? If only Jets fans had this sort of contempt for drafting DT’s and safeties. 

Your better than this, we all know you are 

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

With this ownership? You absolutely draft QB’s until you find a top 5 guy to hopefully compensate for the inevitable bad decisions. The top 5 QB is only thing that can overcome weak ownership.

Missed this one yesterday, in your scenario, do you mean until you get a top 5 QB right away? Because usually that doesn’t happen in year 1 or even year 2, so how are you even determining when you have that top 5 guy, and how are you splitting the reps and the starts if you have two or three highly drafted QBs? On top of that, aren’t you slowing down each of their development in the process? 

• Upvote 2

Gase is getting paid 3 million dollars per year to figure tvese types of scenarios out. It didn’t happen. Darnold is the starting QB. Let’s hope he’s good. Drafting another is just a hypothetical at this point.

But your on record saying they should have drafted another one last year, because you don’t think Sam is the guy, right? Also, not so sure Gase would have taken this job if he didn’t think Sam was the guy. If he fails fast here, he won’t get another HC job, he must have seen enough to think he is the guy. If Sam fails Gase fails 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I said to scout Murray in the event he were available. The Jets were awful last season. Everything is on the table after a season like that. When you’re picking that high in the draft you at least scout the QB’s projected to go high. We didn’t get the first pick and Murray went 1 anyways so it didn’t matter. 

Your kind of all over the place, it’s clear you don’t think Sam is a FQB, which is your opinion, but you should just come out with it rather than trying to ride the fence

Huh? Of course I’m I’m on the fence. He had an up and down rookie season. Declaring Darnold a franchise QB already is way premature. 

Yeah, your missing my point. I’m not declaring him to be a FQB, although I think he has the skill set to become that. My point is you all but say he won’t be, already, you just don’t want to come out with it out of fear of possibly being wrong. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I’d like Darnold to be a franchise QB.

I’d have liked Hackenberg to be a franchise QB.......

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company