Untouchable

Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Your wrong, ask @Matt39 , @CTM, @Miss Lonelyhearts And plenty of others were all saying it weekly. 

There's a middle ground between putting him in Canton based off of Baldinger who loves everyone breaking down preseason passes and saying he sucks.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Really? I know of around 4 or 5 vocal posters (trolls) that have been acting "dismayed" by Darnolds rookie year. When you talk positive about him, they'll typically start screaming "Darnold ballwasher" and other intelligent comments at you.  Most of them seem to have stfu lately, though.

Darnold is TBD as a player. Why is this such a controversial take?

Is Jameis a franchise QB? Darnold’s rookie season was similar to his.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Saying he’s TBD is not a hot take, repeatedly saying he sucks, during his rookie season, kinda is. Jameis had 3 years all the same. If Darnold has three like last year, I think it’s safe to say he sucks and we need a new QB. Although I also think Jameis has had some God awful coaching and may actually look legit under Bruce A.

I don’t think I’ve ever said he sucks unless it was an in the moment comment in a game thread.

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not criticizing your opinion; your entitled, but you made posts along the lines of , we need to draft another QB next year with our high first pick because Sam is not the guy

I’ll always be in favor of increasing the odds for landing the most important position in sports over drafting a defensive tackle. It’s certainly unorthodox, but it makes some sense. I didn’t want the Jets to move on from Darnold, but the Cardinals made the right call with Murray/Rosen.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The Cardinals suck.  Why would anyone in their right football mind, want to emulate that clown franchise?

Jets fans are in no position to call other franchises clown franchises.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And drafting two QBs is a mindless waste of draft picks.  

Why? The Jets didnt draft Mahomes or Watson because of Hackenberg. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So now your equating hackenberg to Darnold? What are the similarities you see? Also, Watson is a one read run first qb

Nah. Im saying if you have a top 3 pick and your franchise is a consistent loser, increasing the odds of finding the most important position in sports isnt a bad move. Darnold's rookie season shouldnt have convinced anyone who's being honest that he's 100% the franchise. What's the downside? Hurting a millionaire's feelings? Missing out on a defensive tackle?

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im just gonna assume you are trolling the site.

You think the jets should have drafted someone like Kyler Murray after Sam was the highest rated QB in the league for 1/4 of the season?  That wasn't enough to show you he has the ability to be a franchise QB?  Did you see him play in college?

They didn’t have a chance to draft Murray. He went 1 overall. 2 picks higher than Darnold went. 

The Jets haven’t won a Super Bowl in 50 years. Sam Darnold’s 13 games (benched for 4) shouldn’t have prevented them from taking a QB they may have liked. Taking a QB until you find one is the only solution. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

So what’s your goal, keep burning first round picks until you get a stud in his rookie year? BTW, what is Watson without Hopkins? Look at the numbers 

With this ownership? You absolutely draft QB’s until you find a top 5 guy to hopefully compensate for the inevitable bad decisions. The top 5 QB is only thing that can overcome weak ownership.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow. 

What? Somehow drafting QBs in consecutive years is sacrilegious? If only Jets fans had this sort of contempt for drafting DT’s and safeties. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Missed this one yesterday, in your scenario, do you mean until you get a top 5 QB right away? Because usually that doesn’t happen in year 1 or even year 2, so how are you even determining when you have that top 5 guy, and how are you splitting the reps and the starts if you have two or three highly drafted QBs? On top of that, aren’t you slowing down each of their development in the process? 

Gase is getting paid 3 million dollars per year to figure tvese types of scenarios out. It didn’t happen. Darnold is the starting QB. Let’s hope he’s good. Drafting another is just a hypothetical at this point.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

But your on record saying they should have drafted another one last year, because you don’t think Sam is the guy, right? Also, not so sure Gase would have taken this job if he didn’t think Sam was the guy. If he fails fast here, he won’t get another HC job, he must have seen enough to think he is the guy. If Sam fails Gase fails 

I said to scout Murray in the event he were available. The Jets were awful last season. Everything is on the table after a season like that. When you’re picking that high in the draft you at least scout the QB’s projected to go high. We didn’t get the first pick and Murray went 1 anyways so it didn’t matter. 

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Your kind of all over the place, it’s clear you don’t think Sam is a FQB, which is your opinion, but you should just come out with it rather than trying to ride the fence

Huh? Of course I’m I’m on the fence. He had an up and down rookie season. Declaring Darnold a franchise QB already is way premature. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, your missing my point. I’m not declaring him to be a FQB, although I think he has the skill set to become that. My point is you all but say he won’t be, already, you just don’t want to come out with it out of fear of possibly being wrong. 

I’d like Darnold to be a franchise QB.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company