Untouchable

Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

No. It isn't premature. That's how the present tense works, Sally. If anybody said sucks and always will suck, sure, that would have been premature. Unless you're talking about somebody who tries to make a straw man argument and ends up getting worked by the straw man. I'm pretty confident that guy is gonna suck forever at everything.

Woh, take it easy big man, I’m a bit surprised an activist such as yourself would use a woman’s name as an insult?

I don’t find being a woman an insult, but to each his own.

Your entitled to your opinion, it’s all good big man, but one of your many, many quotes was, Baker is going to make his next coach look great and Sam is going to get his next coach fired. Not criticizing you for your opinion, merely stating there are plenty who have said he sucks.

That back shoulder pass was so on point, between two defenders,  one of which was blanketing the intended receiver. And no one but Anderson had a shot. If they can consistently execute like that it's going to drive opposing defensive coordinators bat sh*t crazy. I just jizzed, in my pants.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Literally nobody was saying this.  Talk about bending the facts to fit a narrative.  Good job there.

Well in NoBowles hysterical brain anything less than effusive Darnold praise means you want to draft a new QB and give up on Darnold. 

I don't think his mommy told him good boy enough back when he was an emotionally fragile adolescent 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well in NoBowles hysterical brain anything less than effusive Darnold praise means you want to draft a new QB and give up on Darnold. 

I don't think his mommy told him good boy enough back when he was an emotionally fragile adolescent 

My mom was a tough as nails Israeli broad, her compliments were not telling me I’m a **** up in Hebrew once in a while. Maybe that explains it?

not sure why so sensitive, I’m not criticizing your or anyone’s opinion, just pointing out there were plenty saying he sucks, and you were  one, all good though hombre.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

My mom was a tough as nails Israeli broad, her compliments were not telling me I’m a **** up in Hebrew once in a while. Maybe that explains it?

not sure why so sensitive, I’m not criticizing your or anyone’s opinion, just pointing out there were plenty saying he sucks, and you were  one, all good though hombre.

Well he did suck most of last year, he was always going to suck last year. 

I also dont think the guy is a slam dunk FQB. Hes a hell of a lot of fun to watch and seems like a good kid making it easy to root for him, but he has to get a hell of a lot of reps in somewhere to run the offense like the greats

None of that means I want to get rid of him though.

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Literally nobody was saying this.  Talk about bending the facts to fit a narrative.  Good job there.

Really? I know of around 4 or 5 vocal posters (trolls) that have been acting "dismayed" by Darnolds rookie year. When you talk positive about him, they'll typically start screaming "Darnold ballwasher" and other intelligent comments at you.  Most of them seem to have stfu lately, though.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Really? I know of around 4 or 5 vocal posters (trolls) that have been acting "dismayed" by Darnolds rookie year. When you talk positive about him, they'll typically start screaming "Darnold ballwasher" and other intelligent comments at you.  Most of them seem to have stfu lately, though.

Darnold is TBD as a player. Why is this such a controversial take?

Is Jameis a franchise QB? Darnold’s rookie season was similar to his.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Darnold is TBD as a player. Why is this such a controversial take?

Is Jameis a franchise QB? Darnold’s rookie season was similar to his.

Saying he’s TBD is not a hot take, repeatedly saying he sucks, during his rookie season, kinda is. Jameis had 3 years all the same. If Darnold has three like last year, I think it’s safe to say he sucks and we need a new QB. Although I also think Jameis has had some God awful coaching and may actually look legit under Bruce A.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well he did suck most of last year, he was always going to suck last year. 

I also dont think the guy is a slam dunk FQB. Hes a hell of a lot of fun to watch and seems like a good kid making it easy to root for him, but he has to get a hell of a lot of reps in somewhere to run the offense like the greats

None of that means I want to get rid of him though.

This makes me wish I could call my mom, and ask her if I’m a good boy 

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Saying he’s TBD is not a hot take, repeatedly saying he sucks, during his rookie season, kinda is. Jameis had 3 years all the same. If Darnold has three like last year, I think it’s safe to say he sucks and we need a new QB. Although I also think Jameis has had some God awful coaching and may actually look legit under Bruce A.

I don’t think I’ve ever said he sucks unless it was an in the moment comment in a game thread.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever said he sucks unless it was an in the moment comment in a game thread.

Not criticizing your opinion; your entitled, but you made posts along the lines of , we need to draft another QB next year with our high first pick because Sam is not the guy

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not criticizing your opinion; your entitled, but you made posts along the lines of , we need to draft another QB next year with our high first pick because Sam is not the guy

I’ll always be in favor of increasing the odds for landing the most important position in sports over drafting a defensive tackle. It’s certainly unorthodox, but it makes some sense. I didn’t want the Jets to move on from Darnold, but the Cardinals made the right call with Murray/Rosen.

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly at this point enjoying watching a Jets  QB footballing is plenty for me. Been worst part of watching the Jets for the majority of my lifetime.

100% The only young QB I'd want here more is Mahommes

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’ll always be in favor of increasing the odds for landing the most important position in sports over drafting a defensive tackle. It’s certainly unorthodox, but it makes some sense. I didn’t want the Jets to move on from Darnold, but the Cardinals made the right call with Murray/Rosen.

The Cardinals suck.  Why would anyone in their right football mind, want to emulate that clown franchise?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The Cardinals suck.  Why would anyone in their right football mind, want to emulate that clown franchise?

Jets fans are in no position to call other franchises clown franchises.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s funny, he was accurate at USC then somehow he became inaccurate (you know because of his lol “accuracy percentage”) and now he’s accurate again. 

Weird how that works. 

11 minutes ago, docdhc said:

And why do we care about what people said last year?  

Because by league rule he has wait 3 Mississippi before throwing a pass for a few games until people say nice things about him. 

Also Power Rankings impact our playoff seeding. 

8 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

They do?  They went to a Super Bowl a helluva lot more recently than the Jets.  

And their experiment could actually work.  Pairing Kingbsury with Murray is going to be a lot of fun to watch.  It's certainly more interesting than several other current HC/QB duos like Patricia/Stafford, Taylor/Dalton, Marrone/Foles, Flores/Fitz/Rosen, Vrabel/Mariota and Jay Gruden/Keenum/McCoy/Haskins.  

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's OK to be wrong. 

wait...   I thought that nobody is ever wrong here.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly at this point enjoying watching a Jets  QB footballing is plenty for me. Been worst part of watching the Jets for the majority of my lifetime.

...and kickers...amirite?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

There's a middle ground between putting him in Canton based off of Baldinger who loves everyone breaking down preseason passes and saying he sucks.

#backtracking 

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

cant critique the golden boy. 

hahaha  Sure ya can. But some of you guys are/were going out of your way to find the negatives.  It's all good. Just like you feel like your stating facts, that's all I'm doing.  Not throwing stones or anything. Just writing words and stuff. 

Sam is going to prove the best thing that's ever happened to this franchise. Well... him and those super sized hot dogs at the games. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They do?  They went to a Super Bowl a helluva lot more recently than the Jets.  

And their experiment could actually work.  Pairing Kingbsury with Murray is going to be a lot of fun to watch.  It's certainly more interesting than several other current HC/QB duos like Patricia/Stafford, Taylor/Dalton, Marrone/Foles, Flores/Fitz/Rosen, Vrabel/Mariota and Jay Gruden/Keenum/McCoy/Haskins.  

They do suck.  And will suck this year. 

Kind of why they had the number 1 pick in the draft.  It wasn't a consolation prize to finishing 2nd in the SB 11 years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No one said this

Sure they did.  I had more than one long discussion last year about the perceived need to draft a Qb in 2019.  (I didn't agree with that)  You All day Maye have missed it, but it was absolutely happening on here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sam is going to prove the best thing that's ever happened to this franchise. 

This. 

The backhanded compliments/veiled criticisms and the blatant “he sucks” are too funny. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Woh, take it easy big man, I’m a bit surprised an activist such as yourself would use a woman’s name as an insult?

I don’t find being a woman an insult, but to each his own.

Your entitled to your opinion, it’s all good big man, but one of your many, many quotes was, Baker is going to make his next coach look great and Sam is going to get his next coach fired. Not criticizing you for your opinion, merely stating there are plenty who have said he sucks.

Don't worry man.  I'm right there with ya. I was in a few discussions with guys who were talking about needing to take another QB too.   Revisionist history all of the sudden.  It's not even a big deal that people think that. It's fine to think whatever. The only issue right now is there is a chorus of posters saying it never happened.  It did. I was there.... and it made me cry. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I think the book is still very much out on that.  It may turn out that the real problem is the complete lack of talent on the OL that no QB could succeed with.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I’m a bit confused.... the cardinals did move on from Rosen after one year, so should the jets have moved on Fromm darnold or not? Let’s play this out, if the Jets drafted a QB this past draft in first round, who gets the reps? Who starts? If the new qb isn’t a superstar on day 1, do you draft another QB next year high?

you surprise me, I’ve always considered you to be a smart, rationale poster, but for some reason I can’t figure out, you’ve been quite irrational with Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Don't worry man.  I'm right there with ya. I was in a few discussions with guys who were talking about needing to take another QB too.   Revisionist history all of the sudden.  It's not even a big deal that people think that. It's fine to think whatever. The only issue right now is there is a chorus of posters saying it never happened.  It did. I was there.... and it made me cry. 

There is STILL a dude here who thinks Darnold’s biggest issue is inaccuracy. 

True story.