Baldy on Darnold vs Falcons

On 8/17/2019 at 3:18 PM, Matt39 said:

Jets fans are in no position to call other franchises clown franchises.

That’s the most ridiculous statement on this board.  

Jets fans are supposed to hang their heads and not volunteer negative remarks about a bottom feeding franchise?  Only fans of a winning franchise can give their opinion?

All of us know suckage when we see it, and have every right to express it.

The Cardinals got to the SB for one reason only....and he’s in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They do?  They went to a Super Bowl a helluva lot more recently than the Jets.  

And their experiment could actually work.  Pairing Kingbsury with Murray is going to be a lot of fun to watch.  It's certainly more interesting than several other current HC/QB duos like Patricia/Stafford, Taylor/Dalton, Marrone/Foles, Flores/Fitz/Rosen, Vrabel/Mariota and Jay Gruden/Keenum/McCoy/Haskins.  

Kingsbury is in for a very rude awakening if he thinks he can run his same ole college offense in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

With this ownership? You absolutely draft QB’s until you find a top 5 guy to hopefully compensate for the inevitable bad decisions. The top 5 QB is only thing that can overcome weak ownership.

Missed this one yesterday, in your scenario, do you mean until you get a top 5 QB right away? Because usually that doesn’t happen in year 1 or even year 2, so how are you even determining when you have that top 5 guy, and how are you splitting the reps and the starts if you have two or three highly drafted QBs? On top of that, aren’t you slowing down each of their development in the process? 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

They didn’t have a chance to draft Murray. He went 1 overall. 2 picks higher than Darnold went. 

The Jets haven’t won a Super Bowl in 50 years. Sam Darnold’s 13 games (benched for 4) shouldn’t have prevented them from taking a QB they may have liked. Taking a QB until you find one is the only solution. 

WTF is this nonsense?  If you believe any of this, arent just trolling you need to get help

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

There is STILL a dude here who thinks Darnold’s biggest issue is inaccuracy. 

True story. 

Quite true.

He also swore that Darnold had a "noodle arm" a Chad arm, who couldnt make all the throws.

And of course loved P Ramsey as a QB to prove his QB knowledge

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Missed this one yesterday, in your scenario, do you mean until you get a top 5 QB right away? Because usually that doesn’t happen in year 1 or even year 2, so how are you even determining when you have that top 5 guy, and how are you splitting the reps and the starts if you have two or three highly drafted QBs? On top of that, aren’t you slowing down each of their development in the process? 

Gase is getting paid 3 million dollars per year to figure tvese types of scenarios out. It didn’t happen. Darnold is the starting QB. Let’s hope he’s good. Drafting another is just a hypothetical at this point.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gase is getting paid 3 million dollars per year to figure tvese types of scenarios out. It didn’t happen. Darnold is the starting QB. Let’s hope he’s good. Drafting another is just a hypothetical at this point.

But your on record saying they should have drafted another one last year, because you don’t think Sam is the guy, right? Also, not so sure Gase would have taken this job if he didn’t think Sam was the guy. If he fails fast here, he won’t get another HC job, he must have seen enough to think he is the guy. If Sam fails Gase fails 

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

But your on record saying they should have drafted another one last year, because you don’t think Sam is the guy, right? Also, not so sure Gase would have taken this job if he didn’t think Sam was the guy. If he fails fast here, he won’t get another HC job, he must have seen enough to think he is the guy. If Sam fails Gase fails 

I said to scout Murray in the event he were available. The Jets were awful last season. Everything is on the table after a season like that. When you’re picking that high in the draft you at least scout the QB’s projected to go high. We didn’t get the first pick and Murray went 1 anyways so it didn’t matter. 

41 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

That’s the most ridiculous statement on this board.  

Jets fans are supposed to hang their heads and not volunteer negative remarks about a bottom feeding franchise?  Only fans of a winning franchise can give their opinion?

All of us know suckage when we see it, and have ever right to express it.

The Cardinals got to the SB for one reason only....and he’s in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

fans of some winning franchising can give advice on how to cheat

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I said to scout Murray in the event he were available. The Jets were awful last season. Everything is on the table after a season like that. When you’re picking that high in the draft you at least scout the QB’s projected to go high. We didn’t get the first pick and Murray went 1 anyways so it didn’t matter. 

Your kind of all over the place, it’s clear you don’t think Sam is a FQB, which is your opinion, but you should just come out with it rather than trying to ride the fence

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Your kind of all over the place, it’s clear you don’t think Sam is a FQB, which is your opinion, but you should just come out with it rather than trying to ride the fence

Huh? Of course I’m I’m on the fence. He had an up and down rookie season. Declaring Darnold a franchise QB already is way premature. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Huh? Of course I’m I’m on the fence. He had an up and down rookie season. Declaring Darnold a franchise QB already is way premature. 

Yeah, your missing my point. I’m not declaring him to be a FQB, although I think he has the skill set to become that. My point is you all but say he won’t be, already, you just don’t want to come out with it out of fear of possibly being wrong. 

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

fans of some winning franchising can give advice on how to cheat

It takes more than cheating to win consistently, not accepting that is sour grapes,  

Look to building your own franchise, and don’t waste energy on those that have already attained success.

The NFL is strictly business. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, your missing my point. I’m not declaring him to be a FQB, although I think he has the skill set to become that. My point is you all but say he won’t be, already, you just don’t want to come out with it out of fear of possibly being wrong. 

I’d like Darnold to be a franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Kingsbury is in for a very rude awakening if he thinks he can run his same ole college offense in the NFL.

I don't think he's going to run the exact same system.  But he's definitely going to call a lot of rollouts for Murray.  And the running game will probably have some nice success.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

It takes more than cheating to win consistently, not accepting that is sour grapes,  

Look to building your own franchise, and don’t waste energy on those that have already attained success.

Cheating on my wife makes my marriage successful as I get to f*ck as many chicks as I want .... I've got good game so I've been banging tons those little hussies on the side for over a decade  ... at least 6 of them were sports illustrated supermodel hot!  If my wife finds out and has a problem with it she is just full of sour grapes.

If her girlfriends have a problem with my cheating on her, well they can just go F themselves too ... they should stay out of my business and work on getting a man of their own.

The NFL is strictly business ... that is why, despite catching the Cheatriots cheating the *$$hole commission burned the evidence to protect the NFL shield instead of punishing them

Supporting the Patriots cheating is a very odd stance to take Helen. I don’t know one way or another ... but did USC get busted for cheating also? Is that why you feel cheating is ok?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ljr said:

Supporting the Patriots cheating is a very odd stance to take Helen. I don’t know one way or another ... but did USC get busted for cheating also? Is that why you feel cheating is ok?

Who’s supporting cheating?  All I said was implying that the patriots haven’t won as much as they have due to “cheating” is not true.  Great HC.  Generational QB.

I don’t care what you think about USC, it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.  

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Who’s supporting cheating?  All I said was implying that the patriots haven’t won as much as they have due to “cheating” is not true.  Great HC.  Generational QB.

I don’t care what you think about USC, it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.  

What you said was " It takes more than cheating to win consistently, not accepting that is sour grapes, 

---

So being great over a long period of time makes it ok to also be a cheater ... and if I have a problem with that then I am a whiny little b*tch???????????

That is absurd

---

what are your thoughts on Lance Armstrong?

He won 7 Tour de France titles over 19 years, as well as multiple Olympic medals

He was perhaps the greatest cyclist the world has ever seen

He also is the biggest cheater his sport has ever seen

If I understand your logic you believe "Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist of his entire generation.  He was such a great talent ,  the fact that he cheated to win those titles doesn't matter or diminish his greatness.  ... finally, if I don't agree with your opinion on this, then I am the one who has a problem" ????????????????

---

ABSURD!!!

58 minutes ago, ljr said:

What you said was " It takes more than cheating to win consistently, not accepting that is sour grapes, 

---

So being great over a long period of time makes it ok to also be a cheater ... and if I have a problem with that then I am a whiny little b*tch???????????

That is absurd

---

what are your thoughts on Lance Armstrong?

He won 7 Tour de France titles over 19 years, as well as multiple Olympic medals

He was perhaps the greatest cyclist the world has ever seen

He also is the biggest cheater his sport has ever seen

If I understand your logic you believe "Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist of his entire generation.  He was such a great talent ,  the fact that he cheated to win those titles doesn't matter or diminish his greatness.  ... finally, if I don't agree with your opinion on this, then I am the one who has a problem" ????????????????

---

ABSURD!!!

You’re absurd with your ramblings.  I don’t like cheaters, the Patriots cheat, but that is not why they’ve had long term success.

Simple enough?

You’re absurd with your ramblings.  I don’t like cheaters, the Patriots cheat, but that is not why they’ve had long term success.
Simple enough?

BARRY BONDS!!!!!!!!!!

I think i figured it out!

You must be a Barry Bonds fan!

He’s a longtime career 30-40 homerun a year guy ... who cares that one season he miraculously hits 73 by roiding up !?!?!?!

He roided up to get that 73 ... but that’s not why he hit 30-40 homers for so long!

He deserves our respect, despite cheating to get that 73

Simple enough ... i got where you’re coming from ... carry on

21 minutes ago, ljr said:

BARRY BONDS!!!!!!!!!!

I think i figured it out!

You must be a Barry Bonds fan!

He’s a longtime career 30-40 homerun a year guy ... who cares that one season he miraculously hits 73 by roiding up !?!?!?!

He roided up to get that 73 ... but that’s not why he hit 30-40 homers for so long!

He deserves our respect, despite cheating to get that 73

Simple enough ... i got where you’re coming from ... carry on

Just quit.  

I very strongly dislike BB, not just because he used steroids, he was also an azzhole....most of all, as a life long Dodger fan, I hate the SF Giants guts.  

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just quit.  

I very strongly dislike BB, not just because he used steroids, he was also an azzhole....most of all, as a life long Dodger fan, I hate the SF Giants guts.  

I WILL NEVER QUIT

I will continue to spur my horse ... I will continue carrying my lance of honesty forward  ... ready to thrust it against the cheating tyranny running rampant in the morally bankrupt state known as New England.  As long as I live I will smash that lance over and over again upon the evil NFL shield, wielded by the cowering *$$hole known as roger goodell ... Not only does he allow the Patriots cheating to continue and go unpunished ... he espouses their greatness as a call to arms underneath his corrupt banner. 

Cheating is cheating

The Patriots have been busted for it ... they have been punished for it ...  multiple times

Lord knows how many other incidents of cheating by them have been ignored or swept under the rug.

They are not great

They are losers

As Patrick Henry stood against the might of the British  Empire fighting for Liberty or Death

I shall stand resolute in my battle against the scourge known as cheating ... and its breeding ground known as New England

There will always be a black mark associated with this era of theirs based on lies

That black mark is known as the asterisk 

It is the symbol striking down the false God of cheating whom they worship ... it will remain as their brother-in-arms throughout all of future history to come

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, ljr said:

I WILL NEVER QUIT

I will continue to spur my horse ... I will continue carrying my lance of honesty forward  ... ready to thrust it against the cheating tyranny running rampant in the morally bankrupt state known as New England.  As long as I live I will smash that lance over and over again upon the evil NFL shield, wielded by the cowering *$$hole known as roger goodell ... Not only does he allow the Patriots cheating to continue and go unpunished ... he espouses their greatness as a call to arms underneath his corrupt banner. 

Cheating is cheating

The Patriots have been busted for it ... they have been punished for it ...  multiple times

Lord knows how many other incidents of cheating by them have been ignored or swept under the rug.

They are not great

They are losers

As Patrick Henry stood against the might of the British  Empire fighting for Liberty or Death

I shall stand resolute in my battle against the scourge known as cheating ... and its breeding ground known as New England

There will always be a black mark associated with this era of theirs based on lies

That black mark is known as the asterisk 

It is the symbol striking down the false God of cheating whom they worship ... it will remain as their brother-in-arms throughout all of future history to come

This was beautiful. 

• Sympathy 1