Jump to content
KRL

Albert McClellan (LB) Signed

Recommended Posts

Made the league in BAL so Douglas and Alexander know him

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

So....the Jets can be picky right now?

Well, no, but the Jets have a bunch of money and I was hoping they’d use it to pay a better prospect, like USC does with their recruiting.

in all seriousness, watching older vets chewing up snaps on rebuilding Jets teams is a personal bugaboo of mine. 

  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh

With Cashman, Hewitt, Burgess and Wint on the roster...I don’t really see the point unless he’s just a total monster on specials.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

With Cashman, Hewitt, Burgess and Wint on the roster...I don’t really see the point unless he’s just a total monster on specials.

Best guess is Gregg Williams doesn’t trust any of the younger guys to line up the young DL talent and he wants a vet in there to corral the sheep, which is why Williamson wasn’t leaving the preseason games in the first place. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably just a camp body. Hewitt, Burgess and Cashman have all looked good so I don’t think anyone will replace them.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won a super bowl with the ravens and cheaters and plays on specials 

good get 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Get it right...people PAY USC lots of money to get in. 🙄

Sam Darnold took a big pay cut to play for 

the Jets.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best guess is Gregg Williams doesn’t trust any of the younger guys to line up the young DL talent and he wants a vet in there to corral the sheep, which is why Williamson wasn’t leaving the preseason games in the first place. 

 Somebody posted the other day and I agree I think Avery Williamson was about to be traded. That's why he was in the game so late and it was an unfortunate injury and now the plans have changed so they brought in a vet to show the youngins how to act. It just got real for CJ Mosley he can't be there to Mentor people anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way I'm not worried as I brought up the other day it's all about the coaching I've seen a huge change in this team. There has been a total turnaround and aggression and playing fast and hard. All of these guys are superior athletes and a few seconds on a 40-yard dash doesn't really matter. It's all about the coaching and everything that entails including the game plans 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 Somebody posted the other day and I agree I think Avery Williamson was about to be traded. That's why he was in the game so late and it was an unfortunate injury and now the plans have changed so they brought in a vet to show the youngins how to act. It just got real for CJ Mosley he can't be there to Mentor people anymore

Maybe. The other two teams trying to sign Williamson were the Pats and the Eagles, so maybe Douglas was trying to spin something with Howie Roseman. But, it wouldn’t have made sense to keep playing Williamson late into games in that case: the Eagles already knew what he was. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe. The other two teams trying to sign Williamson were the Pats and the Eagles, so maybe Douglas was trying to spin something with Howie Roseman. But, it wouldn’t have made sense to keep playing Williamson late into games in that case: the Eagles already knew what he was. 

I'm not sure cuz I'm not in the building LOL. But obviously there were only a few guys that could be dangled as trade bait and Williamson was one of them. On the other hand his injury was ridiculously just plain dumb luck! He was trying to hurdle as someone was getting tackled and got kicked in the knee and somehow tore his ACL? WTF man. What a sh*ty deal cuz he is a good player and a good guy

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 Somebody posted the other day and I agree I think Avery Williamson was about to be traded. That's why he was in the game so late and it was an unfortunate injury and now the plans have changed so they brought in a vet to show the youngins how to act. It just got real for CJ Mosley he can't be there to Mentor people anymore

Why would they give a veteran extended playing time too help facilitate a trade? If that was the case he never would have seen the field. There's years of tape of Williamson so having him playing extended time during a PS game makes no sense. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah by the way TOmShane.. Jamal Adams needs to shut his big f****** mouth and go play middle linebacker! LMFAO and all you #33 handjobbers can just suck it! Ha ha haahahaha!

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

Why would they give a veteran extended playing time too help facilitate a trade? If that was the case he never would have seen the field. There's years of tape of Williamson so having him playing extended time during a PS game makes no sense. 

I honestly can't make sense of it either why were they playing him so late in the second preseason game do you have a better answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way I think we're fortunate that we actually have depth at the linebacker position. I guess nobody will ever really know why he was still in there and was able to have this stupid dumb luck injury. I actually really like him as a player and a person. I think we'll manage. Now I got to get back to the kicker thread and see if we've received permission from Disney to sign Gus the Donkey to a contract..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I honestly can't make sense of it either why were they playing him so late in the second preseason game do you have a better answer?

I think they wanted him to be able to make the defensive calls when Mosley takes a breather. Showcasing a veteran late in a preseason game for trade purposes makes zero sense....and we just saw why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Won a super bowl with the ravens and cheaters and plays on specials 

good get 

Brilliant move by the front office. Just spectacular. 31 other teams just missed on this superstar.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Brilliant move by the front office. Just spectacular. 31 other teams just missed on this superstar.

What part of good did you fail to comprehend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

WOW!  I’ve never heard anything like that.

You suck too.

 

Ask Darnold , and every NFL player that played for USC . ( truth will set you free)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Best guess is Gregg Williams doesn’t trust any of the younger guys to line up the young DL talent and he wants a vet in there to corral the sheep, which is why Williamson wasn’t leaving the preseason games in the first place. 

OR.... Gregg Williams really likes Hewitt, Cashman and the rest and was doing what he said he would be doing in his presser. Keeping guys on the field for the purposes of Joe Douglas.  I am really thinking that there was a potential trade opportunity with Williamson and they were showcasing him a bit or just looking at him to see how significant the drop off was between Williamson and Hewitt/Burgess/Wint.  He was having a solid game too. 

I think there was more going on than just having him out there for the purposes of calling the D. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Cashman and Mosley are our starters.

Like I said it might be that dude Burgess Jr. Cashman has no experience they'll probably pepper him in a little bit in nickel and what not

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Like I said it might be that dude Burgess Jr. Cashman has no experience they'll probably pepper him in a little bit in nickel and what not

Like I said it will be Cashman, he will compliment Mosley very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

OR.... Gregg Williams really likes Hewitt, Cashman and the rest and was doing what he said he would be doing in his presser. Keeping guys on the field for the purposes of Joe Douglas.  I am really thinking that there was a potential trade opportunity with Williamson and they were showcasing him a bit or just looking at him to see how significant the drop off was between Williamson and Hewitt/Burgess/Wint.  He was having a solid game too. 

I think there was more going on than just having him out there for the purposes of calling the D. 

Why would you have to showcase a veteran ILB in preseason to facilitate a trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...