Winovich

Jetster

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll go out on a limb and on record that says Winovich won't be the big contributor everyone is cementing him as.

One of my favorite clips going around today is everyone praising his motor after chasing down a RB 15 downfield.  No one mentions he was the one that got completely taken out of the play by the RT and allowed the huge running Lane to begin with.

I've been wrong before and I could be wrong here.  

Still a bigger impact than anything Polite has yet to manage. 

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll go out on a limb and on record that says Winovich won't be the big contributor everyone is cementing him as.

One of my favorite clips going around today is everyone praising his motor after chasing down a RB 15 downfield.  No one mentions he was the one that got completely taken out of the play by the RT and allowed the huge running Lane to begin with.

I've been wrong before and I could be wrong here.  

I'm not saying Winovich is going to be a pro bowler, I'm only saying 90% of Jet fans would have drafted him over Polite. And Chase might just be another cog in the Patriots wheel that keeps winning the AFC East but he'll be a 100% hair on fire CONTRIBUTOR, while the Jets got cute & picked the guy that had months to get ready for the NFL combine where YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE plays out & he shows up overweight, slow & interviews badly. 

Some of Maccs decisions were MIND BOGGLING. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I didn't say it wouldn't be. I'm not debating Winovich vs Polite.  I'll leave that to others. 

I just think people are slightly overstating how good Winovich has been to further their argument against Polite.  Winovich has had good showings against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  

If Winovich was doing the exact same thing in a Tampa Bay Buccs uniform, the amount of people that cared or even noticed would be slashed in half.

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Seems other Jet fans have joined the discussion, if you don't want to discuss Winovich in more detail AFTER he's gotten some reps & is STANDING OUT like his hair is on fire while Polite looks like he's running with a dump in his pants be my guest. The thread page turns very slowly here & I'm commenting on what I saw from him LAST NIGHT, not in Wisconsin. He stood out enough to get comments from the home team announcers, who as all of us has recently witnessed are more homerfied than your very own Jetster here. 

I’m with you. I agree with you but we were already doing this in another thread. I don’t really care, I just like to keep things in one place.

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

All the posters over the years who comment on the draft being a crap shoot etc is just pure horse shlt.  In business, a 1 -2 percent difference over time is huge. YES, there is some kharma, some luck etc BUT there is no doubt that Bellicek does a better job with his players than any GM we have had.  Year in year out we have so many top busts.  The difference may be small but examples of Gholsten/Mayo,  or drafting Kyle Wilson when Gronk is available.

Our management team clearly has been below average when it comes to player drafting and development. 

This is an excellent post. This 100% identifies the Jets problems since about 2008? Everybody thinks the Jets have the right personnel in place now, but we'll never how talented Douglas is until after the 2020 draft. The draft IS THE JOB. Nothing else hardly matters in comparison. It's no wonder why the team has been terrible for years now.... Gholston, Sanchez, Wilson, Ducasse, Wilkerson, Coples, Milliner, Smith, Pryor, Devin Smith, Lee.....that's 11 picks we might as well have flushed right down the toilet over the last 12 seasons. Looking at that list, is there any wonder why this team is so lacking talent? That's just 1st and 2nd rounders also. Need I mention all of the terrible players our GM's selected after the 2nd round? So it's 100% objective to say the GM MUST start doing his job well. That's 100% of the problem. If the GM starts picking talent consistently year in and year out, ALL of the rest of the Jets problems will work themselves out.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I completely agree. Chase Winovich looks to be a pro bowler for many years to come. Mac selected Polite because that's what he does,,,, and I've posted this many times, the thought of getting a player that could contribute to winning games in their rookie season never even crossed Mac's tiny little brain. He NEVER thought, "you know based on our off-season moves, we MUST get a player that's going to step right in the field and starting playing well". Unless, the very top of the draft board fell in his lap, Adams, Darnold, he was USELESS. Darron Lee is a prime example. When he stepped on the field his rookie season he sucked so bad he was nothing short of a liability for the defense. Same with Jordan Jenkins. I'm not as concerned about it because Jenkins was a 3rd rounder and he has become a nice player through time. In the 3rd round, you almost expect the said player to take a while to develop. But a 1st rounder should be a player that's going to play well for you from day ONE. And as I said, unless Mac had a no brainer falling to him (Adams, Darnold, and Quinnen Williams looks like he's going to be a contributor from day one) he was HORRIBLE at picking diamonds in the rough.

Honestly, we should have known Mac sucked from day ONE? He drinks DUNKIN DONUTS coffee. Dunkin Donuts coffee SUCKS. There's way better coffee out there. This should have told us from day one he didn't know what he was doing.

There were posters on here defending Mac until the day he was fired on here.  To me that is right up there with the ineptitude Mac exhibited here as GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This didn’t need a new thread. It does suck and there are plenty of draft people on this site that will tell you that Winovich and Maxx Crosby will pan out better than Polite. But this still didn’t need a new thread.

Why do you care? I mean you put in the time to waste 2 sentences.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Why do you care? I mean you put in the time to waste 2 sentences.

I don’t. I just like things to be compact and organized. So if there’s one thread on lamenting Polite and Winovich, I wanna read all posts about that in one place. 

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

There were posters on here defending Mac until the day he was fired on here.  To me that is right up there with the ineptitude Mac exhibited here as GM.

Love how Chris Johnson bided his time. Once Sam was on board & Chris got a glimpse of his potential he knew it was time to go hunting for replacements who would actually WANT to come to the Jets. Without Sam nothing would have been possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Nothing says playoff roster like Darryl Roberts, CB1.

Nothing says whiny bitch like complaining about who the Pats drafted a few weeks ago in the 3rd round while simultaneously calling our guy a bust because he hasn't flashed enough yet.

Most have boners over Q, Cashman, Edoga and have positive things to say about Wesco and Austin but can't seem to get over the all time draft disaster of taking Polite over Winovich..   Even though they haven't played a game yet.

It's bizarre.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Nothing says whiny bitch like complaining about who the Pats drafted a few weeks ago in the 3rd round while simultaneously calling our guy a bust because he hasn't flashed enough yet.

Most have boners over Q, Cashman, Edoga and have positive things to say about Wesco and Austin but can't seem to get over the all time draft disaster of taking Polite over Winovich..   Even though they haven't played a game yet.

It's bizarre.

I haven't done anything of the sort regarding Polite, but by all means, go off like a nut job shouting into a Wendy's ordering speaker about today's political climate.

This also has nothing to do with the fact that I said our current team, as constructed (zero depth from Big Macccc), is far off from being a playoff contender.

• Sympathy 1

I haven't done anything of the sort regarding Polite, but by all means, go off like a nut job shouting into a Wendy's ordering speaker about today's political climate.
This also has nothing to do with the fact that I said our current team, as constructed (zero depth from Big Macccc), is far off from being a playoff contender.

Pac just wants to be able to still support Macc when this team goes 7-9.

“The roster was great. Fire Gase!”
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not true. Go back and watch the game. Polite was playing damn near every snap in the second half AND GW had him in on specials to see what he could do when completely gassed. The kid was running sprints and playing. 

Still, he was the guy 30 yards downfield blocking for Wint during the “fumble” return, and his presence shows up on a number of kickoffs/punts.

His lone tackle was made after getting blocked, and leaving the wash to find the guy and make the open field traffic across the field. 

Haters gon Hate but this is getting silly. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I wasn't saying that you in particular were the one blasting Polite.  I'm talking about the pack of misanthropes who float from thread to thread to blast a GM who isn't even here.  (there are a couple above this post)

I disagree that this isn't team isn't poised for a playoff run.  When it happens the spin job will be glorious.

My guess is the talking points will be Gase won despite Maccs trash roster or Douglas brought the stability that allowed for this to happen.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I wasn't saying that you in particular were the one blasting Polite.  I'm talking about the pack of misanthropes who float from thread to thread to blast a GM who isn't even here.  (there are a couple above this post)

I disagree that this isn't team isn't poised for a playoff run.  When it happens the spin job will be glorious.

My guess is the talking points will be Gase won despite Maccs trash roster or Douglas brought the stability that allowed for this to happen.

Yeah, if the Jets make the playoffs this year, that’ll really show us

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

The Jets didn't make the playoffs once during the Macc era.  So, yeah, if the Jets make the playoffs this year, Gase will get a lot of the credit.  If you're still talking up Macc in January there's something wrong with you.  

Macc "haters" get yelled at for beating a dead horse.  So personally I'm rooting for this.  It'll be fun listening to the last Macc defender yelling at the kids on his front lawn.  

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Well, those posters are straight up TWITS. There MUST be honest conversation over the problems this team exhibits. Without honest conversation about who is dropping the ball so to speak, the team will NEVER get better. We'll be living in fantasy land. Kind of like all those posters that claimed Darron Lee was a good player right up until the very day he was traded? Talk about living a lie.

• Upvote 1

The door swings both ways for many of you jackals.....  this guy couldn't get keep his dick dry in 2015 around here - 

According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the Titans' starting quarterback job "looks surprisingly wide open."

Mariota has reportedly done little to assert himself in camp this summer and is quickly losing ground to former Dolphins starter Ryan Tannehill, who completed 7-of-11 throws for 84 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason loss to New England. Volin also cited a recent ESPN report that suggested Mariota is "no lock" to start while noting that some of the team's coaches prefer Tannehill. Even if Mariota is able to hold off Tannehill for the starting job, Volin said he figures to be on a "short leash." Heading into the final year of his rookie contract, the former Heisman Trophy winner could be nearing the end of his Titans tenure.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, if the Jets make the playoffs this year, that’ll really show us

It kinda will.  You can hide behind platitudes like "we all want the same thing" but that wont change the absurdity of your relentless attacks on the guy who will have been most responsible for the successful rebuild.

at the end of the day who gives a sh it..  it's just the internet..  doesn't mean I wont enjoy watching many of you scrambling to explain why Macc had nothing to do with the playoff run.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, the year we took Kyle Wilson at #29, I remember reading we wanted the guy that the Pats drafted at #27 (Devin McCourty).  

Not worth shlt...  we took an undersized safety when we had a QB we needed to surround with talent.  That was REX pushing Tanny in my opinion. Imagine Sanchez in year 2 with Gronk to throw to.  

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

It kinda will.  You can hide behind platitudes like "we all want the same thing" but that wont change the absurdity of your relentless attacks on the guy who will have been most responsible for the successful rebuild.

at the end of the day who gives a sh it..  it's just the internet..  doesn't mean I wont enjoy watching many of you scrambling to explain why Macc had nothing to do with the playoff run.

If we make the playoffs I’ll be so mad I would probably just slam my dick in a drawer

• Haha 1