Bill Simmons

Could he be any bigger of a jerk?  (language cleaned up)  On his podcast with Matthew Berry, he really went off on us.  I think it started with him saying that he wouldn't take any Jets in fantasy football except as maybe a later round flier.  Berry mentioned how Dan Orlovsky loves Sam Darnold.  Simmons came back with something like "most Jet fans are also Met fans and they're miserable losers.  The Mets already got Pete Alonso so they know in their hearts that there's no way they're going to get a star player for their football team too".  

This is from a guy who once talked about how he empathized with Jet fans because the Patriots used to be perennial losers until the Brady/Belichick era.  Now he's crapping all over us.  I hope karma turns against him and the Jets are the ones to stomp out the last remnants of the Patriots' dynasty (with an asterisk).

• Upvote 3

Could he be any bigger of a jerk?  (language cleaned up)  On his podcast with Matthew Berry, he really went off on us.  I think it started with him saying that he wouldn't take any Jets in fantasy football except as maybe a later round flier.  Berry mentioned how Dan Orlovsky loves Sam Darnold.  Simmons came back with something like "most Jet fans are also Met fans and they're miserable losers.  The Mets already got Pete Alonso so they know in their hearts that there's no way they're going to get a star player for their football team too".  
This is from a guy who once talked about how he empathized with Jet fans because the Patriots used to be perennial losers until the Brady/Belichick era.  Now he's crapping all over us.  I hope karma turns against him and the Jets are the ones to stomp out the last remnants of the Patriots' dynasty (with an asterisk).

Never heard of him and could not care what he thinks or says.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The worst part of this message board is the whining that goes on when someone says anything negative about us.  For the last time, “Who cares!!!!!”.   

Its unreal how upset this makes people.  Get over it already and stop opening these threads!!!!

BILL SIMMONS MUST BE ELIMINATED

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who the hell is Bill Simmons?? Why give him any attention? Honestly, I've never heard of the guy.  BTW, I'm a Jets/Yankees fans so he isn't even right about that.

Is he the little brother of Gene Simmons?

Im a Jets fan that cant stand baseball, so there!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Boston fan hates on New York teams...film at 11. Seriously, how is this remotely surprising? Simmons is a well known pats* homer. And this may be shocking but the pats* fans hate us. Personally, I'm all for giving them another reason to cry in their chowdah...and I'm optimistic it'll come sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea who idea who that is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like mystical sports commentators.  His reasonng impresses me. :)  I also like the 2 sports teams cannot have 2 stars in the same city.  What does he call Le’Veon, a tomato can?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not "telling him" anything.  I'm just commenting on what he said on his podcast.

And this should bother anyone to this degree because?

Because only fantasy football picks are real players? 

And just for my info, what about this clown says I should care?  How many championship, non fantasy teams, has he put together or been a part of?  

Here he is:

William John Simmons III, is an American sports writer, sports analyst, author, and podcaster. Simmons first gained attention with his website as "The Boston Sports Guy"

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And this should bother anyone to this degree because?

Because only fantasy football picks are real players? 

And just for my info, who is this guy?  How many championship, non fantasy teams, has he put together or been a part of?  

To what degree?

It doesn't actively bother me but, as someone who listens to his podcasts (at least some of them), he's been getting awfully cocky lately.  I mean, it's not unfounded because obviously his Boston teams have all had incredible runs for 2 decades now.  But he wasn't always cocky.  Again, he used to talk about having empathy for Jet fans because he knows what we're going through as a long-time Patriot fan.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

To what degree?

It doesn't actively bother me but, as someone who listens to his podcasts (at least some of them), he's been getting awfully cocky lately.  I mean, it's not unfounded because obviously his Boston teams have all had incredible runs for 2 decades now.  But he wasn't always cocky.  Again, he used to talk about having empathy for Jet fans because he knows what we're going through as a long-time Patriot fan.  

Well I guess that ever time someone says something I dont agree with I dont run to start a thread because I'm offended that he think Darnold was a top fantasy football pick.

The Sox went 100 or so years without a championship.  The Mets won their first after existing 8 whole years.  Beat his Sox in 86.  He should STFU with the Mets when his teams claim to fame is being the whipping boys for the Yankees for 100 years