Bill Simmons

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well I guess that ever time someone says something I dont agree with I dont run to start a thread because I'm offended that he think Darnold was a top fantasy football pick.

The Sox went 100 or so years without a championship.  The Mets won their first after existing 8 whole years.  Beat his Sox in 86.  He should STFU with the Mets when his teams claim to fame is being the whipping boys for the Yankees for 100 years 

It's not just a "someone".  Bill Simmons is probably the top sports media guy in the industry right now (and has been for years).

I'm too lazy to look it up but have you ever commented on something Francesa said about the Jets?  Or do you criticize people who talk about Francesa?  Because it's basically the same thing.  Francesa is the #1 NY sports personality.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Bill Simmons.....um, Bill Simmons.....Nope, sorry no idea who he is. When we win 11 games this season and Sam is up for MP, who  the heck will remember Bill Simmons anyway?

I know Woody is ambassador, but could this really happen?? @BurnleyJet any thoughts?

?

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not just a "someone".  Bill Simmons is probably the top sports media guy in the industry right now (and has been for years).

I'm too lazy to look it up but have you ever commented on something Francesa said about the Jets?  Or do you criticize people who talk about Francesa?  Because it's basically the same thing.  Francesa is the #1 NY sports personality.

Top sports guy in the industry, trolling in a podcast that few listened to, other than fantasy football fans? 

Still who cares?  He's got nowhere near the listeners than say Fracessa who no one considers credible.  They're trolling for listeners.  And realizing that is why I don't give a shlt what they say.  And why there is no reason to take sides

I love the Ringer for pop culture and sports stuff (especially the Bingemode pod), but find Bill personally annoying. 

In fairness, he is transparent that he is a NE/Boston sports Homer and the site and his staff mock him brutally when things (like the Celtics) go wrong and several of his editors on the site are Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

Simmons is a Boston guy, he was a pretty big deal on ESPN with NBA news and commentary until a few years ago. They cut back and he was earning big bucks, so they let him go.

LOL at getting upset over a Pats fan rgging on the Jets. We would never do anything like that...

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Simmons is a Boston guy, he was a pretty big deal on ESPN with NBA news and commentary until a few years ago. They cut back and he was earning big bucks, so they let him go.

LOL at getting upset over a Pats fan rgging on the Jets. We would never do anything like that...

I actually don’t mind Simmons, pats homerism included, he’s good on Francesa and he’s the only guy in the media who is even semi-objective when discussing the knicks 

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:21 PM, Bugg said:

Simmons did manage to get ESPN and then HBO to bankroll his media sites. But mostly his content consists of his overanalyzing the NBA and man love for the Pats. 

He got a drunk Ben Affleck to go on a 20 minute tirade complaining about Brady getting caught deflating footballs

Grantland was cool. Then he got all blown up and egoistic...  ffs, they had this guy on TV commenting on NBA playoffs next to NBA HOFers...

anyway...    ESPNs Barnwell came from Grantland so, in a roundabout way we got a dece sports journalist outta the deal...