If you were stuck on a desert island and had a choice to bring 5 CATALOGS with you, what would they be?

Aha! A twist. Entire catalogs! So dont waste a pick on a one hit wonder unless its the greatest thing ever....

GRATEFUL DEAD - this alone would probably suffice. Huge and awesome

ZAPPA - same reason, but interestingly I would not take a zappa record in the other thread

ALLMAN BROS

RUSH

SYSTEM OF A DOWN- scratches my metal side

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought you went to Phish concerts.  

I used to but haven't been a fan in a long time. They haven't aged well and everything that was a strength of theirs is now a liability as they've tried to write more traditional songs and sucked

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I used to but haven't been a fan in a long time. They haven't aged well and everything that was a strength of theirs is now a liability as they've tried to write more traditional songs and sucked

Gotcha.  In that case just pick 2+ albums for Pink Floyd, The Dead or Miles Davis, and you're good to go!

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gotcha.  In that case just pick 2+ albums for Pink Floyd, The Dead or Miles Davis, and you're good to go!

This is catalogs though. I think I'd have to go with something like the NY philharmonic as they have an extensive discography

23 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw this tread is bulls*t. 

How am I supposed to leave Cream, John Barleycorn, Clapton, Dominos, Blind Faith, Winwood, Traffic,  Jeff Beck, all that Crosby Stills Nash Young music, Hendrix, Eagles etc. all at home.

I’m not playing anymore.

Wrong thread jerkoff. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Floyd
Dead
Clapton
Seger
Thorogood

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I saw George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers open for the Stones at the Garden in the early seventies. I had never heard of him before. By the time his first song was finished, I was a fan.

Between him and the Stones, who were on their Exile tour, it's still the best show I've been to.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Beastie Boys, Clash, Bowie, Talking Heads, Pixies

Talking heads is where I was leaning for my last choice, scratches a different itch than any of my other choices but it's not a very large catalog.  

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

Talking heads is where I was leaning for my last choice, scratches a different itch than any of my other choices but it's not a very large catalog.  

It's not small either.  8 studio albums.  We're talking over 100 songs. 

Besides quality > quantity...for my dollars.  Lots of bands have huge catalogs and only half are even remotely listenable.  Hence why I picked the Pixies too.  As much as I love Bowie and as large of his catalog it is, I'd probably hit skip a lot going through his history of songs.