Barkus Green and White Scrimmage Report

Barkus

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Repeating yourself - over and over and over and over again - does not make you right.  The Jets D in 2009 and 2010 was worlds better than the Giants in either of those years and if our QB didn't sh*t the bed for the entire first half against the Steelers we would have done much better than if we had the Giants mid-pack defense.  Our "shredded" defense gave up a grand total of 17 points and scored 2.  Yes, the D struggled in the first half, but that was nothing compared to Sanchez going for 16 yards and -7 points on his first 4 drives.  You can rant in this thread and all others about how you dominate me and everyone else, but it does not change the fact that you are 100% wrong on this topic and many others.  

In the regular seasons? Maybe.  In postseason?  Not a chance.  Our D played great in WC and div Rds then tanked it in both title games.  The Giants D's were great throughout both postseasons, it was the difference btw 2 title game apps and 2 SB titles.

In Pitt they allowed a 10 minute TD drive to start the game, they got us in a huge hole and the reason they "scored 2" was because the O put Pitt at the 1 yard line and they fumbled the snap.  It wasn't anything our D did unlike the Giants D scoring 2 in SB 46.  And let's not forget when the O for it to within 5 with 3 minutes left and 3 TOs the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol  hey man, if we're gonna get into the fans hopes, dreams and intentions having an effect on games then the same can be said for rooting to win. that's just silly talk.  We don't need to do that here. We're fans and rooting for one thing or another is all we have. Well, that and throwing $hit around the house.  Don't get me wrong. I can completely understand your point of view. I'm a genius like that. Truly special it seems. :) 

The point of my post was an attempt to shed light on the side of it that you claimed you didn't understand (which I'm confident was hyperbole).  Just talking as we do. 

The thing about Cleveland is, sure they sucked but that was because they had terrible leadership. Similar to our beloved Jets.  But I can tell ya that a good GM, which Dorsey is, having more than one high 1st rd pick in a given draft can change the entire franchise.  The odds are much better to do that from the top of the draft than the bottom. Remember that the early pick is in every round. Not just the 1st of course.  The jury is still out on whether or not noobie coach Kitchens can keep this thing together but no one can deny the talent on that roster and much of it was gained in the draft.  That's all I want for the Jets.  Good players who play hard and get coached well. 

Now that we have Sam I'm not so into the idea of losing but it was important to get him. He was hanging out at the top of the draft with guys like Baker Mayfield and Saquan Barkley.  And to be there to get our new ginger snap. 

I might even be with you at the 3-10 thing this year just for Sam's sake now, but that would be hard for me. I'm so used to wanting to suck at the end of the year I just may be damaged goods anymore. Let's hope I don't have to find out what I do. 

Good GM's will found talent anywhere, to me it's more about the people running things.  Do we finally have someone we feel confident with? If Douglas turns out to be as good as everyone says he is I don't care where we draft, he'll find talent.

The most important piece was Darnold and we got him without tanking.  

20 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Which WR are they cutting to keep Peake just strictly for his ability as a gunner on specials?

I can’t see the Jets carrying more than 6 wideouts.

I’m not cutting someone like Burnett or Dortch for this guy. I wouldn’t even cut a dude like Bellamy, who Gase adores and is a great locker room guy who also has value on specials.

Anderson

Enunwa 

Crowder

Burnett

Dortch

Bellamy

Hell, I’d even keep a guy like Thompson over Peake.

I like Burnett and Dortch and Bellamy is already a mostly STer.  They would keep 2 primary STers at WR?