Bronson Kaufusi

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm not sold on Shepherd but have thought of jettisoning McClendon to make room for youth and he probably would return a higher pick/considerations.

I think Shepherd is the guy most likely to get axed if they keep Mclendon, but I see more in Shepherd than some others do.  The guy played one season under Kacy Rodgers the sun shine band. He's entering his 2nd season. mclendon is entering his 10th and is 33 yrs old as a DT.   People are mixed at best on Shepherd and for good reason but I'd like to keep him over the old bear. 

Apparently he's a pretty big fan of analytics. The Athletic article so I'll only post a snippet
https://theathletic.com/1147227/2019/08/19/professional-mathlete-how-bronson-kaufusi-utilizes-real-time-analytics-while-on-the-field-for-the-jets/

Advanced stats, thanks in part to the Oakland Athletics and their famous “Moneyball,” have become most prominent in baseball. In football, there’s still a bit of gap in trying to understand where they can be impactful. Kaufusi sees two primary avenues. The first: Predicting what’s to come. By analyzing the down, distance, personnel and coach’s tendency, you can narrow it down to a high probability that said team runs a specific set of plays, putting you a “step ahead,” he said. The second is by determining which players impact the game the most.
“So say you start grading the film and you grade the players using a specific scale,” Kaufusi said. “You take that, then mix it in with field position, down and distance and how many yards the offense gains. You can then boil it down to which players positively impact the field position most during games. Field position, a lot of people don’t realize, is the main factor in winning games. So, effectively, you can say that X player on average affected the outcome of the game X most.”

Smart dude. You don’t read stuff like this every day. Maybe he’s on to something. It sure looked like it last Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 8/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, nycdan said:

Teams generally keep between 7-9 DL on their rosters (depending on if they play more 4-3 or 3-4).  Kaufasi is listed as the 2nd team behind Anderson so unless that changes, he's pretty much locked in.  The guy who I'm curious about is Fatukasi.  He looked good in his start last week.  I think he could end up pushing Nathan Shepherd for a spot.

I agree. Shepherd is starting to look like another Maccagnan reach.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:37 AM, Jetster said:

I doubt any team is interested in Leo. No doubt because he was a 1st round 6th overall, the Jets will not accept some lame deal, plus the trading team has to pay him a fortune. I think we see Leo + QW this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kid we drafted 6th overall in 2015 this season. Gregg Williams will make Leo a star.