Targeting Week 1, will the Jets have all their expected starters on the field?

Injury information is somewhat ambiguous.  We know Avery Williamson is done for the year but the Jets have more than a handful of other guys who are week-to-week, day-to-day or have some other type of status.  Kalil is just getting ready to start true practices.  If he plays in Preseason Game 3 I'd expect him to go Week 1.  Marcus Maye looks to be hitting the field full-time this week for the first time in forever.  Lots of other guys from Osemele to Winters, Trumaine to Shell haven't been on the field lately but I haven't seen any major red flags saying they won't be ready for Week 1?

Out of all the Jets "expected" starters....is Avery the only one we don't think we'll have vs. Buffalo right now?

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I think they are simply being cautious just about everyone you mentioned should make it except maybe Kalil who is still learning the plays

And he's the one who is most interesting to me in how they approach things.  I could see a few scenarios...

1. Kalil plays in Preseason Week 3....and maybe even a series in Week 4 to make sure he's comfortable with both the playbook and the timing with Sam.  If so, he goes Week 1 vs. Buffalo.

2. Kalil is maybe 80-90% comfortable with Sam, the playbook and timing, but that's enough for Gase to run an offense with maybe only 80-90% of the playbook so Kalil starts Week 1.

3. Kalil is making progress but because he's not 100% there either in terms of conditioning, playbook knowledge, making calls, timing with Sam, etc. Gase decides to go with Harrison so that he's not limited in Week 1.

The thing I keep reminding myself of is that even though Kalil hasn't practiced much (or at all) the past few weeks he HAS had his nose in the playbook and been taking mental reps with the offense.  He's also likely been snapping to Sam in some sort of limited fashion.  Kalil may not be as far behind as I think just because he hasn't hit the field hard yet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As of now, everyone but avery will be ready to go.  That includes khalil.

I don't know about Trumaine & a balky hamstring. Those injuries are a PITA and we really don't know if Tru really wants to play football anymore? I mean play well...which means maximum effort.