NFL Trade Rumors: Why Jets could be sneaky bidder for Texan's Jadeveon Clowney

I really hope he isn't moved for Clowney but this may be happening 
This would be a great move ... Robby seems to have hit his Peter principle. I know he is capable of running slightly more than go routes now ... But this is the highest his value will ever be if you ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 3

26 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Aaron Donald is a DT, not an NT or a 3-4 DE.  If the Jets were drafting a pass rusher at #3, they should have taken Allen.  Hold yer breath until Q gets double digit sacks.

If that's the case then Q is already a wasted pick.  Pass-rushing DT is what you're looking for when you take one that early.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

why would they trade anderson, how does that help darnold, esp. with herndon out?  i don't see it, not with gase running the offense.  

I don't see it either.  Besides, what Houston needs now is a RB after Lamar Miller got hurt.  I'd hate to see Ty Montgomery go but IMO that would be the piece Houston would be after rather than another WR.

11 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

What 3-4 end is a legit pass rusher, besides Watt?  Ya use #3 pick for 8 sacks a year?  Amazing allocation of resources.  Sure to put the fear of god into any QB staring him down.  Hopefully they give L-Williams $20mill/yr to get 5 sacks on the other side, and then they printing tickets to Title Town.

No disagreement at all.  They should not have drafted Q williams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I really hope he isn't moved for Clowney but this may be happening 

anyone know what control over Clowney/what compensation (if any)  we would get worst case scenario if we weren't able to work out a new deal after the season with him?

I will lose my sh*t if this happens.

Even if it upgrades the team it’s not worth it. We’re not winning anything this season regardless. The priority has to be Darnold’s development and give him a chance to succeed long term. He’s already got a shaky offensive line and good but not great receiving options. We’re less than 2 weeks from opening day - taking away his best WR, his deep threat, the guy he’s building a great rapport with would be farcical. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, ljr said:

anyone know what control over Clowney/what compensation (if any)  we would get worst case scenario if we weren't able to work out a new deal after the season with him?

I believe we could tag and trade him next season; or let him walk as a FA for a likely comp pick.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not the biggest Clowney fan out there, but the Jets would jump at this.

Make the offense suffer for a lazy overrated DE... Sounds like a brilliant move

50 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This would be a great move ... Robby seems to have hit his Peter principle. I know he is capable of running slightly more than go routes now ... But this is the highest his value will ever be if you ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Are you serious? The value may be there but it would be a terrible move for the organization especially with no control over clowney and him wanting to be overpaid and then dog it Ala mo Wilkerson style. 

26 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Hit him with his 2nd franchise tag and hope he doesn't hold out the entire season.

QB money for a lazy DE hahaha.... No way

29 minutes ago, ljr said:

30 Mill to franchise him again approximately. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, the jets wouldnt even think of parting w/ robby anderson.  Hes our best reciever and most explosive player we have on offense.  The delusion on the board is crazy.

Second most explosive... But the things this board wants to give up for an overrated pass rusher is insane... And everything tells me he is going to go out mo wilk style

• Upvote 1

REPORT: JADEVEON CLOWNEY ‘VERY UNHAPPY’ WITH AGENT, THINKS HE’S HEADED TO MIAMI

By
 Jesse Reed
 - 
  August 27, 2019

Jadeveon Clowney

The Jadeveon Clowney trade rumors have been stewing for weeks now, and it appears something may be happening soon. 

According to ESPN 97.5 host John Granato, who received an endorsement from Stephanie Stradley of the Houston Chronicle on this information, Clowney is “very unhappy” with agent Bus Cook. 

“HE DOESN’T THINK BUS COOK HAS A GOOD ENOUGH PLAN,” GRANATO WROTE ON TWITTER TUESDAY. “WHEN HE SIGNS HIS TENDER HE THINKS HE’S HEADED TO MIAMI. THEY WILL HAVE TWO FRANCHISE YEARS TO CONVINCE HIM TO STAY LONG TERM.”

Previously, Granato had reported that Clowney refused to go to Miami in a trade, and that the defensive star was threatening to stay out until the end of the preseason. 

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The latter bit of information there tracks. Despite multiple national reports that Clowney would return to Houston after the third preseason game, he has yet to sign his franchise tender and report to the team. 

What is a bit confusing is why Miami would make a trade for Clowney if he’s made it clear he doesn’t want to play for the Fins. 

The one thing that seems crystal clear at this point is that Clowney is very unhappy with how things have been handled by his agent, and by the Texans, this summer. 

He has been angling for a long-term extension since last year. Now Clowney is forced to play on a one-year contract worth just under $16 million, which quite honestly is well below market value compared to what the other top pass rushers have made on their long-term deals. 

It’s going to be fascinating to see how things play out from this point.

clowney fired his agent. He must really hate Miami 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A good NT can be found well outside of the 1st round.  When you take a guy with the # 3 overall pick, you want someone who gets to the QB.  Aaron Donald had 20.5 sacks last season.  Think the Rams would find him more valuable as a "block eater" in the middle?

You do realize Donald was drafted as and is a DT?

And no, DTs arent counted on to be found "well outside" of the 1st.