jetstream23

Another day, another Grievance: Antonio Brown files 2nd grievance over helmet

Psshht, this is just clever subterfuge on the part of AB/Gruden to conceal the fact that AB is going to be their star WR and QB for the Raiders come week 1.

--Raiderholic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

None of this matters. With or without him, the Raiders will be in a SB or multiple  playoff runs, when they move to Vegas. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

It took me 90 seconds of listening to that to realize I misspelled bologna. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Now that makes perfect sense. Well done. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

None of this matters. With or without him, the Raiders will be in a SB or multiple  playoff runs, when they move to Vegas. 

What's it like rooting for 31 teams?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

What's it like rooting for 31 teams?

Lol I'm not rooting for crap. I'm knowing it's entertainment  and the rhythms that will take place for various teams in the future. I'm a fan of me...me,me,me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

Gruden takes Antonio Brown and Richie Incognito to Sin City to win a Super Bowl.  What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I think the nonsense with the helmets is a tactic to play less while his feet heal so he doesn't get dropped back to IR or cut and end his career.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Gruden takes Antonio Brown and Richie Incognito to Sin City to win a Super Bowl.  What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

But according to yourteamcheats.com the Jets are bigger cheaters than the Patriots ;) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed.

No I don't.  I believe my eyes.

It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story.

Yeah, that bender that Peyton Manning went on the night before beating Carolina in the SB is the stuff of legend!  Almost as much as the Coke-fueled orgies that Tom Brady is known for having during Super Bowl week. lol

I hope the NFL doesn’t give in and it ruins ABs season because he didn’t get his way. I could see it happening.

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No I don't.  I believe my eyes.

Yeah, that bender that Peyton Manning went on the night before beating Carolina in the SB is the stuff of legend!  Almost as much as the Coke-fueled orgies that Tom Brady is known for having during Super Bowl week. lol

Cherry picking is just denial. Whst happens every off season for Pats?  Hand jobs, deflated  balls ,video tape, 4 game suspensions ..always leads to post season.  The Jets need drama. They need criminals, drug dealers etc

• Haha 1

Cherry picking is just denial. Whst happens every off season for Pats?  Hand jobs, deflated  balls ,video tape, 4 game suspensions ..always leads to post season.  The Jets need drama. They need criminals, drug dealers etc

You don't think the Jets have had their share of misfortune, drama and morons over the years?  You need to take a ride in the backseat of Sheldon Richardson's car one night when he goes to meet Kellen Winslow Jr. in a Target parking lot.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You don't think the Jets have had their share of misfortune, drama and morons over the years?  You need to take a ride in the backseat of Sheldon Richardson's car one night when he goes to meet Kellen Winslow Jr. in a Target parking lot.

Kellen was on the Pats and the Browns. Another Pats success ritual.

oh, and that tight end, whats his face?..Hernandez.

getting punched in the locker room over a bet, wont get wins.

This grievance has legs, IMHO. 

Brown was told the NFL wouldn't re-certify his helmet ONLY because it was 10 years old. 

He's like, cool, I'll find one eight or nine years old for you to certify, then. 

NFL then says, whoops, never mind, while you were looking for that other hat we've decided to ban the model entirely. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's being a total diva and should be able to find another helmet like everyone else, but this is a fair grievance. It's obvious the league banned the model just because of Antonio. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slats said:

This grievance has legs, IMHO. 

Brown was told the NFL wouldn't re-certify his helmet ONLY because it was 10 years old. 

He's like, cool, I'll find one eight or nine years old for you to certify, then. 

NFL then says, whoops, never mind, while you were looking for that other hat we've decided to ban the model entirely. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's being a total diva and should be able to find another helmet like everyone else, but this is a fair grievance. It's obvious the league banned the model just because of Antonio. 

Dont think thats his grievance.  Think that was a rumor that didnt pan out.

Pretty sure hes claiming he didnt get the full year grace period to find a new helmet.   

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont think thats his grievance.  Think that was a rumor that didnt pan out.

Pretty sure hes claiming he didnt get the full year grace period to find a new helmet.   

If so, that's also valid. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for oakland raiders joke pics

Tell that guy to give Antonio his helmet back! 

• Haha 2

You know the storybook ending here is that he wins his grievance, plays with the old helmet, gets a concussion in week 1, and then sues the NFL for unsafe practices.  

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, slats said:

If so, that's also valid. 

If it were true.  Supposedly everyone was told which helmets were and weren't safe and he really has no case.  

Not getting how he wasnt aware of it.  Everyone got the letter but him?  Hes also claiming he didnt have enough time to find a new helmet when according to him hes only had 6 months.  

Not even the point.  The league lost a case over CTE that cost them billions.  They were criticized for not caring about the players health and safety and theyre going to let a whack job, look at me diva, force them to allow him to use a helmet that isnt safe?  

8 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

You fascinate me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The NFL is fixed!  They will put the Raiders in the Super Bowl because nothing creates money and drama like holding funeral parlor staff hostage while you threaten to saw your deceased father's head off!  Goodell is on it!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I think the nonsense with the helmets is a tactic to play less while his feet heal so he doesn't get dropped back to IR or cut and end his career.

this appeal may actually have legs. the players last yr had a a full yr to find a replacement helmet. He was not offered the same deal this yr. I get it he is a diva and it could all be bs but if players were offered a full yr to find a replacement helmet while wearing their older helmets why was this not offered to him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/20/antonio-brown-files-second-grievance-against-nfl-over-his-helmet/

I am not an AB fan or a raiders fan and I actually love the distraction he is causing.

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

this appeal may actually have legs. the players last yr had a a full yr to find a replacement helmet. He was not offered the same deal this yr. I get it he is a diva and it could all be bs but if players were offered a full yr to find a replacement helmet while wearing their older helmets why was this not offered to him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/20/antonio-brown-files-second-grievance-against-nfl-over-his-helmet/

I am not an AB fan or a raiders fan and I actually love the distraction he is causing.

I think you are misrepresenting the situation.  Last year he was told he had a year to switch to an approved helmet, just like everyone else.  He didn't bother trying, somehow assuming he would diva his way through it this year.  Now when the calendar caught up to him and he finally figured out he wasn't going to be granted a special snowflake exemption, he is scrambling to try to find another loophole.  He could have had the newer version of his helmet tested any time in the last year.  He didn't.  Now he's finding out he's just another player in a league with 1,700 of them.  Sympathy is going to very hard to come by.  It's pretty much him, his agent, and Raideraholic who are clutching their pearls.  Everyone else pretty much doesn't give a sh-t, including his HC and GM.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol I'm not rooting for crap. I'm knowing it's entertainment  and the rhythms that will take place for various teams in the future. I'm a fan of me...me,me,me.

Related image

• Haha 1