Jump to content
jetstream23

Another day, another Grievance: Antonio Brown files 2nd grievance over helmet

Recommended Posts

Psshht, this is just clever subterfuge on the part of AB/Gruden to conceal the fact that AB is going to be their star WR and QB for the Raiders come week 1.

 

--Raiderholic

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of this matters. With or without him, the Raiders will be in a SB or multiple  playoff runs, when they move to Vegas. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

 

It took me 90 seconds of listening to that to realize I misspelled bologna. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

Now that makes perfect sense. Well done. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

None of this matters. With or without him, the Raiders will be in a SB or multiple  playoff runs, when they move to Vegas. 

What's it like rooting for 31 teams?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

What's it like rooting for 31 teams?

Lol I'm not rooting for crap. I'm knowing it's entertainment  and the rhythms that will take place for various teams in the future. I'm a fan of me...me,me,me.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

None of this matters. With or without him, the Raiders will be in a SB or multiple  playoff runs, when they move to Vegas. 

Gruden takes Antonio Brown and Richie Incognito to Sin City to win a Super Bowl.  What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I think this baloney (the foot blisters, the helmet) is all an elaborate stall tactic to prevent him from getting caught with dirty piss. 

I think the nonsense with the helmets is a tactic to play less while his feet heal so he doesn't get dropped back to IR or cut and end his career.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Gruden takes Antonio Brown and Richie Incognito to Sin City to win a Super Bowl.  What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

But according to yourteamcheats.com the Jets are bigger cheaters than the Patriots ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed.

No I don't.  I believe my eyes.

Quote

It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story.

Yeah, that bender that Peyton Manning went on the night before beating Carolina in the SB is the stuff of legend!  Almost as much as the Coke-fueled orgies that Tom Brady is known for having during Super Bowl week. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the NFL doesn’t give in and it ruins ABs season because he didn’t get his way. I could see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No I don't.  I believe my eyes.

Yeah, that bender that Peyton Manning went on the night before beating Carolina in the SB is the stuff of legend!  Almost as much as the Coke-fueled orgies that Tom Brady is known for having during Super Bowl week. lol

Cherry picking is just denial. Whst happens every off season for Pats?  Hand jobs, deflated  balls ,video tape, 4 game suspensions ..always leads to post season.  The Jets need drama. They need criminals, drug dealers etc

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Cherry picking is just denial. Whst happens every off season for Pats?  Hand jobs, deflated  balls ,video tape, 4 game suspensions ..always leads to post season.  The Jets need drama. They need criminals, drug dealers etc

You don't think the Jets have had their share of misfortune, drama and morons over the years?  You need to take a ride in the backseat of Sheldon Richardson's car one night when he goes to meet Kellen Winslow Jr. in a Target parking lot.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You don't think the Jets have had their share of misfortune, drama and morons over the years?  You need to take a ride in the backseat of Sheldon Richardson's car one night when he goes to meet Kellen Winslow Jr. in a Target parking lot.

Kellen was on the Pats and the Browns. Another Pats success ritual.

oh, and that tight end, whats his face?..Hernandez.

getting punched in the locker room over a bet, wont get wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This grievance has legs, IMHO. 

Brown was told the NFL wouldn't re-certify his helmet ONLY because it was 10 years old. 

He's like, cool, I'll find one eight or nine years old for you to certify, then. 

NFL then says, whoops, never mind, while you were looking for that other hat we've decided to ban the model entirely. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's being a total diva and should be able to find another helmet like everyone else, but this is a fair grievance. It's obvious the league banned the model just because of Antonio. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slats said:

This grievance has legs, IMHO. 

Brown was told the NFL wouldn't re-certify his helmet ONLY because it was 10 years old. 

He's like, cool, I'll find one eight or nine years old for you to certify, then. 

NFL then says, whoops, never mind, while you were looking for that other hat we've decided to ban the model entirely. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's being a total diva and should be able to find another helmet like everyone else, but this is a fair grievance. It's obvious the league banned the model just because of Antonio. 

Dont think thats his grievance.  Think that was a rumor that didnt pan out.

Pretty sure hes claiming he didnt get the full year grace period to find a new helmet.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont think thats his grievance.  Think that was a rumor that didnt pan out.

Pretty sure hes claiming he didnt get the full year grace period to find a new helmet.   

If so, that's also valid. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for oakland raiders joke pics
 

 

Tell that guy to give Antonio his helmet back! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know the storybook ending here is that he wins his grievance, plays with the old helmet, gets a concussion in week 1, and then sues the NFL for unsafe practices.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, slats said:

If so, that's also valid. 

If it were true.  Supposedly everyone was told which helmets were and weren't safe and he really has no case.  

Not getting how he wasnt aware of it.  Everyone got the letter but him?  Hes also claiming he didnt have enough time to find a new helmet when according to him hes only had 6 months.  

Not even the point.  The league lost a case over CTE that cost them billions.  They were criticized for not caring about the players health and safety and theyre going to let a whack job, look at me diva, force them to allow him to use a helmet that isnt safe?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Nothing. You'll believe what ever storyline you're fed. It's  a stone cold guarantee that the Raiders will be  winners in a short time. Just like the Rams. Ritchie might be too old in a year or two. Who goes to super bowls? Guys with extreme legal ,personal or post health issues. Always a dramatic story. Favre, Lewis, Patriots every year, some new drama = winning.  Jets are too squeeky clean to produce  a winner :)

You fascinate me. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is fixed!  They will put the Raiders in the Super Bowl because nothing creates money and drama like holding funeral parlor staff hostage while you threaten to saw your deceased father's head off!  Goodell is on it!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I think the nonsense with the helmets is a tactic to play less while his feet heal so he doesn't get dropped back to IR or cut and end his career.

this appeal may actually have legs. the players last yr had a a full yr to find a replacement helmet. He was not offered the same deal this yr. I get it he is a diva and it could all be bs but if players were offered a full yr to find a replacement helmet while wearing their older helmets why was this not offered to him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/20/antonio-brown-files-second-grievance-against-nfl-over-his-helmet/

I am not an AB fan or a raiders fan and I actually love the distraction he is causing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

this appeal may actually have legs. the players last yr had a a full yr to find a replacement helmet. He was not offered the same deal this yr. I get it he is a diva and it could all be bs but if players were offered a full yr to find a replacement helmet while wearing their older helmets why was this not offered to him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/20/antonio-brown-files-second-grievance-against-nfl-over-his-helmet/

I am not an AB fan or a raiders fan and I actually love the distraction he is causing.

I think you are misrepresenting the situation.  Last year he was told he had a year to switch to an approved helmet, just like everyone else.  He didn't bother trying, somehow assuming he would diva his way through it this year.  Now when the calendar caught up to him and he finally figured out he wasn't going to be granted a special snowflake exemption, he is scrambling to try to find another loophole.  He could have had the newer version of his helmet tested any time in the last year.  He didn't.  Now he's finding out he's just another player in a league with 1,700 of them.  Sympathy is going to very hard to come by.  It's pretty much him, his agent, and Raideraholic who are clutching their pearls.  Everyone else pretty much doesn't give a sh-t, including his HC and GM.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol I'm not rooting for crap. I'm knowing it's entertainment  and the rhythms that will take place for various teams in the future. I'm a fan of me...me,me,me.

Related image

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...