Jimmy Hackenberg Garoppolo

10 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

No one who looks as good as he does, with as many nicknames  as he has, is going to suck.  He'll be fine. And they are showing you a running game and a defense that's  going to kick ass

Looks and nicknames = success in the NFL

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the point is that he's going to be 28 this year and he's really done nothing to warrant the hype. 

In his defense though, it's still preseason, he was facing a good defense and he didn't have Kittle. But after struggling in practice and this game the warning signs are there.

He's 8-2 as a starter including 6-2 in SF.  From 2015-2018 without Jimmy starting SF is 11-45.

He is also coming off a major injury and last night was his first action.  Give the guy a little time. He's shown he can play.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol its' one of the wealthiest / well run, major market organizations,  in all of sports.  The second most prominent  dynasty  in the last 50 years. 

Their defense  is going to wreak havoc as well

That was only because of Walsh. There’s been chaos there in recent years infighting between Harbaugh and the org, Kap, Chip Kelly etc. It would also have been a natural for them to share a stadium with the Raiders but they couldn’t work that out, 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That was only because of Walsh. There’s been chaos there in recent years infighting between Harbaugh and the org, Kap, Chip Kelly etc. It would also have been a natural for them to share a stadium with the Raiders but they couldn’t work that out, 

Who the hell would want to share a stadium with another NFL team?

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the point is that he's going to be 28 this year and he's really done nothing to warrant the hype. 

In his defense though, it's still preseason, he was facing a good defense and he didn't have Kittle. But after struggling in practice and this game the warning signs are there.

He's going to be 28?? Damn, how old was he when he got drafted?  I thought the dude was like 24 or 25. 

16 hours ago, nico002 said:

It's clear that he's not ready to be on the field. 

That was pretty brutal. 

Whoever that LT is that was getting abused by Bradly Chubb should be ashamed of his effort. That first INT was a poor throw, but the LT is out there earning free checks because it looks like he's not even working. 

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's clear that he's not ready to be on the field. 

That was pretty brutal. 

Whoever that LT is that was getting abused by Bradly Chubb should be ashamed of his effort. That first INT was a poor throw, but the LT is out there earning free checks because it looks like he's not even working. 

I think the bigger takeaway is the Broncos D is going to be really good this year.  Besides Von they also have Chubb who is coming off a great rookie year

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it really doesn't.

Actually yes it does.  It is REALLLLYYYYY tough to throw 5 ints in a row in camp vs camp bodies.  Our very worst Qbs the jets have had have never come close to doing that.  That's Nathan Peterman territory and regardless of anything else if you are a frisco fan after the camp performance and his awful play last night you should be worried.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Actually yes it does.  It is REALLLLYYYYY tough to throw 5 ints in a row in camp vs camp bodies.  Our very worst Qbs the jets have had have never come close to doing that.  That's Nathan Peterman territory and regardless of anything else if you are a frisco fan after the camp performance and his awful play last night you should be worried.

So you believe that a NFL QB plays in a practice as hard as he plays in a game.  And his scrub WRs, who play more in practice over actual games cant be a reason for a pick.  Whatever, we all know that what he did in a practice trumps what hes done in NFL games. 

And you know that no other QB could have done this sometime in the past?  

The main point is the headline was over the game last night, not what he may or may not have done in a practice.

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

.They were in a SB a few years ago and 3 conf championships. Boo hoo, a few down years. They cycled back up again.

The league had no intention of merging the teams, that was all made up crap.

Sports is entertainment.  All that infighting crap was made up because  they were hosting the SB. Teams that host SBS  arent' allowed to be in their own SB. Thats why the Saints bounty gate was made up.  Thats why Miami has sucked for years. They're basically the vacation spot for the end of the year NFL stuff. No need to win.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our very worst Qbs the jets have had have never come close to doing that. 

Geno tried -- and came pretty close against Buffalo several years ago.  2-8 for 5 yards with 3 picks in 1 quarter.  I think it was 2014.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well that explains all their playoff and SB success 

They had an impressive 13 year run from the early 80s to 90s

Other than that theyre nothing to talk about.  

They were recently  in 3 conference championships and a SB.

Nothing to talk about? Front office  squabble,Knees, flags, hosting SBs, Harbaugh bowl ,new stadium. Bosa, Sherman, Garoppolo..

After dynasties, a dry spell is standard procedure. But obviously  they already cycled back up a few years ago. 

Impressive 13 year run? = They owned one fifth of the SB era. 

19 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

They were recently  in 3 conference championships and a SB.

Nothing to talk about? Front office  squabble,Knees, flags, hosting SBs, Harbaugh bowl ,new stadium. Bosa, Sherman, Garoppolo..

After dynasties, a dry spell is standard procedure. But obviously  they already cycled back up a few years ago. 

Impressive 13 year run? = They owned one fifth of the SB era. 

Recently they won how many SBs?  Boss being injury prone?  Should have taken Quinnen?  

Dry spell?  Dry draught 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Recently they won how many SBs?  Boss being injury prone?  Should have taken Quinnen?  

Dry spell?  Dry draught 

They were in a SB a few years ago, conveniently while building  a new stadium. Bosa is fine. His injuries are a narrative. 

Quinnen = Quinny= slang for the vagina

Draught? Then the Jets are a giant sand filled dry desert  cat litter box in comparison  :(

So you believe that a NFL QB plays in a practice as hard as he plays in a game.  And his scrub WRs, who play more in practice over actual games cant be a reason for a pick.  Whatever, we all know that what he did in a practice trumps what hes done in NFL games. 
And you know that no other QB could have done this sometime in the past?  
The main point is the headline was over the game last night, not what he may or may not have done in a practice.

You are incorrect sir! The headline was a compilation of the practice AND game. When you have back-to-back performances like that, I think it’s an indication of what’s to come, not a reflection of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

You are incorrect sir! The headline was a compilation of the practice AND game. When you have back-to-back performances like that, I think it’s an indication of what’s to come, not a reflection of the past.

Sure it was.  One thing for sure, when you post while the team is playing on MNF why would we be thinking practice, which is meaningless and game combined.  A game where he threw one int.  Sorry, whatever you were thinking it's wrong.  I could care less what he did in a practice.  Especially a QB who has played over the course of three years and was never an INT machine

Sure it was.  One thing for sure, when you post while the team is playing on MNF why would we be thinking practice, which is meaningless and game combined.  A game where he threw one int.  Sorry, whatever you were thinking it's wrong.  I could care less what he did in a practice.  Especially a QB who has played over the course of three years and was never an INT machine

You can continue with your bullsh*t, but as the guy who wrote the title and started the thread, I know what I was thinking when I wrote it. In your mind, I think 1 is a big number? Don’t be dumb.

8 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

You can continue with your bullsh*t, but as the guy who wrote the title and started the thread, I think I know what I was thinking when I wrote it. I’m your mind, I think 1 is a big number? Don’t be dumb.

Then learn how to type a clear title, to the point.  More than what you were thinking 

While youre on a pissy fit over your title, it's not that big a deal