GREENBEAN

Phil Savage Spotted Scouting Patriots/Titans Game

Why is this news?  Did he have a notebook or a laptop and was taking notes?  Phil Savage attended a football game.  I'm sure he attends a couple every week.  I usually do and I'm not "scouting."  

Weak.

Yes. He had a notebook. And a little mini golf sized pencil. Is it news now?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Weak?  What the **** are you talking about?  Do you seriously think this is the first game that Phil Savage has watched since the Jets hired him?  It is ridiculous that people are surprised by this.  It is nice to know what teams he is watching, but he is an Alabama guy and Nashville is probably one of the closest stadiums.

Of course it's not the first game he's watched. He's a football guy. I'm sure he's watching ALL of em actually. 

The interesting thing is we are not sending a scout to the Pats game. We sent Savage.  The former GM who was responsible for giving Douglas his first job in the pros and is pretty much his right hand man as the football advisor to the GM.  

It's not ground breaking but come on man. You're being a poopy pants.  It's definitely interesting at minimum.  More so than an onion article on FA's being warned they may have to play for the Jets anyway. No?  That joke was first done during the Coslet years for Pete's sake. 

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Every single GM in the league does this, even Mac. I'm not sure why this is a story since it happens with every franchise year in and year out.

It's not a story.  It's a tweet. And merely a message board post showing the tweet here.  I'm not sure what the deal is with people who need to state what's valid and what's not valid to discuss. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company