Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CTJetsFan

Dontrelle Inman coming in for a workout/tryout

Recommended Posts

Not sure I get this one:

Free agent WR Dontrelle Inman will visit the Jets.

Inman paid a visit with the Lions yesterday, but they signed Jordan Lasley instead. Now Inman will try to convince Adam Gase to give him a shot at the bottom of the receiver depth chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He stinks.  The guys we already have at reciever are better.

They should be bringing in elliot fry to kick.  We dont need recievers.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Deontay  Burnett doesn't approve of this message

Agree. I would not be happy if they chose Inman over Burnett

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inman’s a decent depth wr. This would have nothing to do with Burnett’s roster place.

It would spell the end for Tim White and Peake however.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like you can't read too much into moves this late into preseason, particularly at any position that seems to have multiple strong candidates already there.  It's a distinct possibility that the Jets have a growing list of guys they've already penciled in at WR to make the final roster, and will simply need more bodies to take snaps at the position next week when they have a long list of guys sitting on the bench.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase and Douglass again proving their worth. A breath of fresh air.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Inman’s a decent depth wr. This would have nothing to do with Burnett’s roster place.

It would spell the end for Tim White and Peake however.

How many WRs do you think we're keeping?  Robby, Enunwa, Crowder and Bellamy are locks IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, genot said:

Gase and Douglass again proving their worth. A breath of fresh air.

Even if the Jets have little expectation of signing Inman it can't be a bad thing to keep the level of competition high and make sure the WRs at the bottom of the depth chart have their eyes open to the fact that nothing is a given.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Even if the Jets have little expectation of signing Inman it can't be a bad thing to keep the level of competition high and make sure the WRs at the bottom of the depth chart have their eyes open to the fact that nothing is a given.

Also a workout could be just that, a way to update the Front Office list of guys just in case we need to sign someone for an unforeseen reason (injury, suspension, etc)'

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Inman’s a decent depth wr. This would have nothing to do with Burnett’s roster place.

It would spell the end for Tim White and Peake however.

That would be a + IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

How many WRs do you think we're keeping?  Robby, Enunwa, Crowder and Bellamy are locks IMO.

Peake is probably close to a lock too...especially if Boyer gets his way.

It would be good to have Inman in here for the next few weeks....if for nothing else, to get some intel on a division rival.

The Pats and Belicheat do it all the time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I feel like you can't read too much into moves this late into preseason, particularly at any position that seems to have multiple strong candidates already there.  It's a distinct possibility that the Jets have a growing list of guys they've already penciled in at WR to make the final roster, and will simply need more bodies to take snaps at the position next week when they have a long list of guys sitting on the bench.

Also, it's due diligence if they have someone go down in season and need to sign a replacement

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Even if the Jets have little expectation of signing Inman it can't be a bad thing to keep the level of competition high and make sure the WRs at the bottom of the depth chart have their eyes open to the fact that nothing is a given.

Just being a wise guy. Would like to see them pursue a starting caliber corner. That's not too much too ask..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetstream23 said:

 

Are you leaving us for another team's message board?

 

 

 

 

(I kid...I kid...) :P

Diehard lifelong NY Jets fan. 

Dontrelle Inman coming in for a workout/tryout

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Deontay  Burnett doesn't approve of this message

I dont get the feeling that Gase loves Burnett. I get this uncomfortable feeling he will be cut and become a very successful possession type receiver some where. The argument against this is that the official Jets site has started using Burnett as a media focus which hopefully means he is locked in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dontrelle Inman is 6' 3" maybe the NY Jets see they need to add some height in the WR corps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Inman’s a decent depth wr. This would have nothing to do with Burnett’s roster place.

It would spell the end for Tim White and Peake however.

Peake seems like a dead man walking regardless.  

White would be a good PS stash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stark said:

Also a workout could be just that, a way to update the Front Office list of guys just in case we need to sign someone for an unforeseen reason (injury, suspension, etc)'

Hoping that's what it is about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Peake seems like a dead man walking regardless.  

White would be a good PS stash.  

Odds are, regardless of the position of play, Peake's roster battle is really with Cannon.  I'm guessing he loses that one (or they both lose to someone else).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I dont get the feeling that Gase loves Burnett. I get this uncomfortable feeling he will be cut and become a very successful possession type receiver some where. The argument against this is that the official Jets site has started using Burnett as a media focus which hopefully means he is locked in.

Man I hope you're wrong but was getting the same vibe until I read Burnett replaced Dortch with the 2s in practice (Sunday?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Dontrelle Inman is 6' 3" maybe the NY Jets see they need to add some height in the WR corps. 

You mean like Enunwa or Anderson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Odds are, regardless of the position of play, Peake's roster battle is really with Cannon.  I'm guessing he loses that one (or they both lose to someone else).

hope they both lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ljr said:

hope they both lose

I would only agree with this if there's a player who can step up and be at least comparable on special teams, while contributing elsewhere.  In the end, you can't blame the team if they give Boyer roster spot #53 for a guy that is just his, especially after how little they have done for him so far this year.  One of his guys can have a lot more meaning on game day than a different #4 RB or #7 WR who will never see the field anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How many WRs do you think we're keeping?  Robby, Enunwa, Crowder and Bellamy are locks IMO.

Robbie, Enunwa, Crowder, Burnett, Bellamy because of ST, Dortch, & Inman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Odds are, regardless of the position of play, Peake's roster battle is really with Cannon.  I'm guessing he loses that one (or they both lose to someone else).

This is the way I see it too.  With the Bellamy signing and Cannon emerging on specials last year, I think Peake is odd man out.  Bellamy can do what Peake does on STs and at least he gives them a little bit in the passing game. and Cannon seemed to have more impact on Specials down the stretch last year -- finished the season with 9 ST tackles to Peake's 4 on 90 fewer snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might lose Peake's invaluable special teams ability.  😨

NOOOOOOOOO!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are overrating Inman.  He had one good season.  He is 30.  He is always hurt.  He played for Loggains in Chicago.  They gave up a 7th to get him from the Chargers.  This is probably one of those kick the tires moments so they have a guy they can call on if somebody goes down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean like Enunwa or Anderson?

Yes exactly other than them we are lacking height. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes exactly other than them we are lacking height. 

What you meant was other than Anderson is 6'3" and Enunwa 6'2" we need more because? 

Only tall WRs are good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...