Jets Signing LB Stephone Anthony

AbstraKt

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Whatever happened to this guy.  1st round pick; started 16 games for NO as a rookie and then disappeared for 3 seasons.

yep.  he was also on the all rookie team then he suffered a massive sophomore year jinx and hasn't gotten back to form.  here's to hoping he can play and wants to play.

• Upvote 1

Anthony shot up draft boards to become a 1st round pick and had 112 tackles, a sack and 1 int as rookie.

Then somehow he has fallen off a cliff to the point where he "played" 16 games and had 7 tackles last year for Miami.

No idea what caused the massive drop off.  112 tackles as a rookie in the NFL is legit - and then to completey disappear is really crazy.

Coming from miami last year at least Gase knows him and if anyone can get more out of him its Williams, but clearly there is an issue with him as a player.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

PLAYER NEWS

• Jets signed LB Stephone Anthony.

Anthony is a former failed first-round pick of the Saints but has ties to this Jets staff after playing for coach Adam Gase last year in Miami and LBs coach Joe Vitt in New Orleans. The Jets just lost starting ILB Avery Williamson to a torn ACL last week. Anthony won’t be counted on to start.

Aug 20, 2019, 8:12 PM ET

•  

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I couldn't help but notice him

That dickbag gave up big play after big play during the first two pre-season games. Including getting turned around on the Daniel Jones TD pass.

Took the words out of my mouth.. I saw him and kept wondering why a shortstop for the Cubs was playing football for the Jets. And he played like a shortstop.

• Upvote 1