8/21 Practice Updates

Lith

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I’d prefer to see Falk as the number 2. 

I don’t think Semen is very good and I think Falk can manage the offense and win games in a pinch. 

Plus, with all these injuries and suspensions, we could use the extra roster space for a LB or CB, rather than carry 3 QBs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Falk is going to the practice squad. 

Eh, Siemian hasn't impressed me much so far. Wouldn't mind them just keeping Darnold and Falk on the 53. Maybe Siemian can be traded for a late round pick that can eventually used to finally find us some corners.

Besides, once/if Darnold proves to be the guy, it really doesn't matter much who the back-up is.

28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh, Siemian hasn't impressed me much so far. Wouldn't mind them just keeping Darnold and Falk on the 53. Maybe Siemian can be traded for a late round pick that can eventually used to finally find us some corners.

Besides, once/if Darnold proves to be the guy, it really doesn't matter much who the back-up is.

My thoughts too. I hoped Siemian would be a solid QB2 with his previous experience.

But at this stage rather they keep Falk and let him develop,

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

Siemen shredded Bowles a clive game a couple of years ago 

I am okay with Siemian as the back up. I would rather have the vet who has won some games in this league backing up Sam.  If we lose him for 3 or 4 games like last year, I just want a guy who can go 2-2 and not blow the season.  Siemian is above .500 as a starter in this league, we know he can win some games.  Falk is a developmental guy who has looked decent against 3s and 4s. No idea what he can do in a regular season game against 1s.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

‘Unbelievable’ Sam Darnold puts on another Jets show

August 21, 2019 | 6:45pm

Sam Darnold had a particularly sharp practice Wednesday, completing 17 of 21 passes that included TD passes to tight end Chris Herndon, WRs Jamison Crowder and Quincy Enunwa and a majestic scoring pass to TE Ryan Griffin on which Darnold lofted the pass perfectly over the defenders.

“It was a cover-two look and those are always the toughest balls, because it’s not really what we call a drive ball, where it’s on a line, and it’s not really a loop-over-the-defense kind of ball,’’ Griffin said.

“It’s kind of in-between. Sam put it in the perfect place. That’s what he does. His arm talent is unbelievable.”

There were a number of interceptions in practice, none thrown by Darnold. CB Arthur Maulet picked off Davis Webb on a deflected pass. CB Darryl Roberts picked off Trevor Siemian. LB C.J. Mosley also picked off Webb. … The line of the practice came from defensive coordinator Gregg Williams after a DB dropped a sure interception in the end zone. “Put him on the injury report. He’s got no hands,” he barked.

Starting guards Kelechi Osemele (pectoral) and Brian Winters (shoulder) are still not practicing with the team but they did some running. … LB Blake Cashman returned to practice.

Bwahahaha

11 hours ago, Lith said:

I am okay with Siemian as the back up. I would rather have the vet who has won some games in this league backing up Sam.  If we lose him for 3 or 4 games like last year, I just want a guy who can go 2-2 and not blow the season.  Siemian is above .500 as a starter in this league, we know he can win some games.  Falk is a developmental guy who has looked decent against 3s and 4s. No idea what he can do in a regular season game against 1s.  

That's a fair point too.