Brandon Copeland Busted for PEDs

• I actually believe his story.  These guys just have to stop taking these canned supplements.  Didn't Rocky eat raw eggs?  
  • Polite is pretty much in now.
  • I actually believe that these suspensions are not entirely terrible, as it effectively allows the Jets to keep more players on the roster and save cap room.  Players will get hurt.  Herndon and Copeland can come back week 5.  I just hope they can send them somewhere where they train hard so they are ready to come back.  
  • Upvote 1

We'll have to run a new D just for our personnel. We'll call it the 6-0-5(no LBs) and at times 5-1-5 (1 LB). All LBs come up to the line playing on the ends and when using these D formations they'll all work out of a zone blitz which will have some of the more athletic Dlineman like Leo drop into coverage over the short middle. This way we don't have to worry about the LB zone since we keep losing them by the day, and we'll confuse the Offenses initially with this new formation like Miami embarrassed NE with with the wave of the Wildcat. Just blowing off steam since I am tired of losing key starters to 4 game suspensions Herndon, Copeland.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

It won't matter if we don't have a pass rush because we won't have anybody to cover WRs anyway.  Jets better be ready to win a bunch of 37-34 games!

Well...let's see how creative GW can be...with our roster the Tampa 2 may be our best defensive formation.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, if there is one thing that Ivy League Universities are known for it is producing stupid people that are not deep thinkers. 

Yep! Just goes to show when these guys get football scholarships they don't even need to know how to read! SMH my sentiments exactly.

• Haha 1

Also, get a job that pays you a million dollars and bank $800,000 of it. This is good financial advice. I went to Penn and shoot testosterone in between my toes to get and keep that job. Read my financial advice on my very erudite finance blog, “How to save money as a middling pro athlete.” You’ll find that it’s very germane to your life as a cashier at the Piggly Wiggly. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Same as in Texas, over paid and over hyed. I Ave 6.5 sacks a year but I'm going to demand $25,000,000.  Good times

And?

Look beyond the numbers.

Guys like Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas averaged around 6-8 sacks a year with the Jets.

I still would’ve dumped both on their asses in a heartbeat in favor of a talent like Clowney.

Once again, Clowney isn’t Khalil Mack...but he’s still a damn good, ultra-talented passrusher who is still only 26 and is a 3x pro-bowler. And he won’t take multiple 1st round picks to acquire.

I lived through a dickbag like Bradway wasting a 2nd round pick on Justin McCraphands and essentially passing over Heath Miller in the 1st round in favor of a Doug Jolley and Mike Nugent combo.

If we have to give up a 2nd for Clowney and it doesn’t pan out...whatever. I’ll live with it. As will you. But at least the Jets will have seriously attempted to address the passrush issue for the first time in over a decade. And not have to devote a single 1st round pick to do so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Also, get a job that pays you a million dollars and bank $800,000 of it. This is good financial advice. I went to Penn and shoot testosterone in between my toes to get and keep that job. Read my financial advice on my very erudite finance blog, “How to save money as a middling pro athlete.” You’ll find that it’s very germane to your life as a cashier at the Piggly Wiggly. 

Moderators, can you please create some type of double or triple "laughing" emoji?  Because I still am.  1 laughing emoji does not do this post justice.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And?

Look beyond the numbers.

Guys like Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas averaged around 6-8 sacks a year with the Jets.

I still would’ve dumped both on their asses in a heartbeat in favor of a talent like Clowney.

Once again, Clowney isn’t Khalil Mack...but he’s still a damn good, ultra-talented passrusher who is still only 26 and is a 3x pro-bowler. And he won’t take multiple 1st round picks to acquire.

I lived through a dickbag like Bradway wasting a 2nd round pick on Justin McCraphands and essentially passing over Heath Miller in the 1st round in favor of a Doug Jolley and Mike Nugent combo.

If we have to give up a 2nd for Clowney and it doesn’t pan out...whatever. I’ll live with it. As will you. But at least the Jets will have seriously attempted to address the passrush issue for the first time in over a decade. And not have to devote a single 1st round pick to do so.

His production doesn't anywhere match the money he's going to demanding.  Which year was it that he was top 10 in sacks in the NFL?

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

His production doesn't anywhere match the money he's going to demanding.  Which year was it that he was top 10 in sacks in the NFL?

Who cares?

Once again, as I stated previously, the Jets are two, maybe three years away from having to dole out a $200+ million contract to Darnold.

Where are these truly “elite” level passrushers, wideouts or franchise LT’s who could be realistically obtained during that period? They’re non-existent. Unless Joe Douglas is some sort of draft day messiah.

The best window for a Jets Super Bowl is between now and 2021/2022. Hell, even Douglas has all but acknowledged as much.

Clowney can be a core player on this team for the next half a decade. That’s well worth a 2nd rounder and a sizable contract to me. And I’d sure as hell rather pay a guy like Clowney over Leo if it comes down to it.

So...and I know this is crazy talk...why doesn't the league publish a list of 'approved' supplements like they do with helmets.  Pick one or more from this list and you're good.  Pick one not on the list and don't come crying to Twitter when your piss comes up hot.  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

tenorHYJT2ZF1.gif.a7d57210a4b21b63b4f0b9de52a72e41.gif