Geno Smith fires Jay Z

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/nfl-rumors-ex-jets-giants-qb-geno-smith-ditches-jay-z-as-he-tries-to-earn-starting-job-again-does-he-have-a-legit-shot.html

I’m goimg to get crucified for this, but I always kind of liked Geno, and feel bad that things didn’t work out for him.

Look back at his career:

Dropped like a rock on draft night and gets evicerated by the media for firing his agent 

-Starts well before he was ready as a rookie with just a horrific supporting cast (David Nelson)

-year 2 is saddled with another awful team (Clyde Gates) and actually plays well down the stretch. 

-year 3 he finally gets to play with a good team, but gets punched in the face losing his job to Fitzpatrick as a result 

-year 4 he gets a chance to replace Fitzpatrick as the starter with plenty of season left to show something, and he tears his ACL in the first quarter of his first start 

-year 5 he signs as a backup with the NY Giants and gets put in the unenviable position of having to replace Eli Manning. He actually plays OK, but the Giants still lose. The next day the coach and GM are fired for starting him and Eli is given back the job.

-year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/nfl-rumors-ex-jets-giants-qb-geno-smith-ditches-jay-z-as-he-tries-to-earn-starting-job-again-does-he-have-a-legit-shot.html

I’m goimg to get crucified for this, but I always kind of liked Geno, and feel bad that things didn’t work out for him.

Look back at his career:

Dropped like a rock on draft night and gets evicerated by the media for firing his agent 

-Starts well before he was ready as a rookie with just a horrific supporting cast (David Nelson)

-year 2 is saddled with another awful team (Clyde Gates) and actually plays well down the stretch. 

-year 3 he finally gets to play with a good team, but gets punched in the face losing his job to Fitzpatrick as a result 

-year 4 he gets a chance to replace Fitzpatrick as the starter with plenty of season left to show something, and he tears his ACL in the first quarter of his first start 

-year 5 he signs as a backup with the NY Giants and gets put in the unenviable position of having to replace Eli Manning. He actually plays OK, but the Giants still lose. The next day the coach and GM are fired for starting him and Eli is given back the job.

-year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup 

Nobody gets crucified here until they have had 10 post. You good homie. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

You know he did have some bad luck but owing someone 400 bucks and not paying is kinda stupid.  That move potentially cost him a lifetime of money. 

And it’s probably the biggest regret in his life. That said we don’t know the context of the situation with IK and Geno. Irregardless it’s awful luck. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

When he’s broke and 35 he will realize how stupid it was.  

It’s not bad luck.  

First of all he still made plenty of money in his career (far more than I will ever see in my lifetime).

Second-if he felt he didn’t owe IK the money why would he pay it? We don’t know the context. Either way there was no way he would expect to get punched in the face.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteamyRayVaughn said:

First of all he still made plenty of money in his career (far more than I will ever see in my lifetime).

Second-if he felt he didn’t owe IK the money why would he pay it? We don’t know the context. Either way there was no way he would expect to get punched in the face.

He knew he owed the money and he taunted a killer like a bitch and got rightfully crushed for it. 

He was a POS and he deserved what he got. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

The reports were out there on the reason.  

He prob could have made double what he’s made without that punch. 

Never liked him but wish he had done well. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Geno Smith had abut 3 NFL quality attributes as a QB.  Unfortunately he also had about 3 in which were so bad it precluded him from ever being a decent starter.

1 - smart guy

2- great arm

3- great athlete

1 - artistic introvert

2- entitled

3 - immature/thin skin

Bad week for Jay Z

First you proved your stance with Kaepernick was BS. We all know it's about money. Which is why Kaep doesn't have a job from the NFL's perspective. You don't bring in a backup level QB who gets more attention than the rest of the franchise combined. Just ask the Jets who needed to rent a feild house when we got Tebow. Kaeps attention isn't even positive and Tebow is relegated to baseball. 

Then he gets fired by Geno Smith, who I woulda figured he kicked to the curb years ago. 

Jay Z sucks. Does he even make music I don't like anymore or is he just ruining things I do like now? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol Jay z , will be part  owner  of the Jets soon

Personally, I don't even believe Geno Smith actually fired Jay Z. This is actually a fake story concocted by the media to conceal the fact that Geno Smith is assembling a team consisting of Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Elvis and Tupac (yes, the Elvis and Tupac) and are going to launch an ocean expedition to, once and for all, debunk this "spherical Earth" myth.

Wake up, people.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Personally, I don't even believe Geno Smith actually fired Jay Z. This is actually a fake story concocted by the media to conceal the fact that Geno Smith is assembling a team consisting of Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Elvis and Tupac (yes, the Elvis and Tupac) and are going to launch an ocean expedition to, once and for all, debunk this "spherical Earth" myth.

Wake up, people.

Maybe you and Jet nut, should hang out together.  I mean, considering  your names.  Be a team and become  spoot-nut

• Haha 3