Geno Smith fires Jay Z

Even if had QB talents, Geno could never succeed because he could never be a leader.  He was not likable to his teammates.he as extremely  Immature,  felt entitled, ect  any long term succes was never in his future.   The way he conducted himself at the draft, the IK situation, the effin missing the meeting in san Diego because of the so called time issue.   That's not what team leaders do.   No player is rallying around this type of personality.      

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Even if had QB talents, Geno could never succeed because he could never be a leader.  He was not likable to his teammates.he as extremely  Immature,  felt entitled, ect  any long term succes was never in his future.   The way he conducted himself at the draft, the IK situation, the effin missing the meeting in san Diego because of the so called time issue.   That's not what team leaders do.   No player is rallying around this type of personality.      

all of this is just narrative you read. You have no proof of any of this.  He simply wasnt chosen to look like a star.

all you saw was a guy throw a ball and stand on the sidelines. the rest is fiction

• Thumb Down 2

If your a QB in this league, you will be given more life’s than a cat to prove yourself.

Geno is an entitled douche, with great physical tools, but doesn’t have the Head for the game. He’s immature and makes stupid mistakes, both on and off the field.

He’s the exact opposite to our current QB. Drafting Geno meant we skipped on taking Derek Carr the year after.

File under Troll thread. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

But whose penis was it?

Thats the real story.

heres the thing... maybe it actually was. if so, it means he was told to. but also, youre completely clueless if you dont think they can create his image.

i mean.. the picture you find of this are grainy, like its from the 1970s.. your stuff at home is better than that. its bogus either way.

they can do this.. you think a dumb ass still shot is hard?

26 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

heres the thing... maybe it actually was. if so, it means he was told to. but also, youre completely clueless if you dont think they can create his image.

i mean.. the picture you find of this are grainy, like its from the 1970s.. your stuff at home is better than that. its bogus either way.

they can do this.. you think a dumb ass still shot is hard?

Perhaps it was a.....

Symbolic Penis?

cc: @Jetsfan80

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/nfl-rumors-ex-jets-giants-qb-geno-smith-ditches-jay-z-as-he-tries-to-earn-starting-job-again-does-he-have-a-legit-shot.html

I’m goimg to get crucified for this, but I always kind of liked Geno, and feel bad that things didn’t work out for him.
Look back at his career:
Dropped like a rock on draft night and gets evicerated by the media for firing his agent 
-Starts well before he was ready as a rookie with just a horrific supporting cast (David Nelson)
-year 2 is saddled with another awful team (Clyde Gates) and actually plays well down the stretch. 
-year 3 he finally gets to play with a good team, but gets punched in the face losing his job to Fitzpatrick as a result 
-year 4 he gets a chance to replace Fitzpatrick as the starter with plenty of season left to show something, and he tears his ACL in the first quarter of his first start 
-year 5 he signs as a backup with the NY Giants and gets put in the unenviable position of having to replace Eli Manning. He actually plays OK, but the Giants still lose. The next day the coach and GM are fired for starting him and Eli is given back the job.
-year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup 

You make it sound like he had nothing to do with getting punched in the face. The guy is a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, David Harris said:

1 - smart guy

2- great arm

3- great athlete

1 - artistic introvert

2- entitled

3 - immature/thin skin

I question the first post if he was so smart how come he made the same mistakes game after game and yr after yr. Sorry, Qb that had promise yes but one with talent maybe, definitely had an arm but no head. Could never read a defense either. 

• Upvote 3

You know he did have some bad luck but owing someone 400 bucks and not paying is kinda stupid.  That move potentially cost him a lifetime of money. 

It was worse than that. He promised to show up at his camp. He embarrassed him and made the camp a failure. Sad as it us, he was the biggest name signed up. Then he wouldn’t reimburse him for money he had fronted.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

QBs fail and fade in this league at a crazy high percentage, only Jet fans throw out a lifetime supply of hypothetical successes that would have occurred had they not not occurred.

This. 

It's amazing to me the number of folks who, to this day, will threadnaught argue with people over the potential greatness of Geno Smith.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

or Chad, or Vinny or Mark ad nausem. 

You must be seeing threads and posts I'm not.  I think as a community we're all pretty much in agreement over Chad and Mark.  I never hear much about Vinny these days, and certainly nothing like the division of opinion we hear about Geno.  /shrug

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

You must be seeing threads and posts I'm not.  I think as a community we're all pretty much in agreement over Chad and Mark.  I never hear much about Vinny these days, and certainly nothing like the division of opinion we hear about Geno.  /shrug

Message boards weren't a thing during Vinny's day.  I imagine we'd have been reading a lot of division about him in the early 2000s if they were.  Not nearly as much as there was for subsequent QB's, but still.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Message boards weren't a thing during Vinny's day.  I imagine we'd have been reading a lot of division about him in the early 2000s if they were.  Not nearly as much as there was for subsequent QB's, but still.  

Sure they were.  JN wasn't around yet, but others were (in more primitive forms). 

You know the internet was a thing for some of us by the early 90's, right? ?

11 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If I remember correctly, Geno Smith had some cyber sex and the chick posted his unimpressive junk all over the Internet LMFAO! I knew it was all over right then and there.

What it look like?  Asking for JW12

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/nfl-rumors-ex-jets-giants-qb-geno-smith-ditches-jay-z-as-he-tries-to-earn-starting-job-again-does-he-have-a-legit-shot.html

I’m goimg to get crucified for this, but I always kind of liked Geno, and feel bad that things didn’t work out for him.

Look back at his career:

Dropped like a rock on draft night and gets evicerated by the media for firing his agent 

-Starts well before he was ready as a rookie with just a horrific supporting cast (David Nelson)

-year 2 is saddled with another awful team (Clyde Gates) and actually plays well down the stretch. 

-year 3 he finally gets to play with a good team, but gets punched in the face losing his job to Fitzpatrick as a result 

-year 4 he gets a chance to replace Fitzpatrick as the starter with plenty of season left to show something, and he tears his ACL in the first quarter of his first start 

-year 5 he signs as a backup with the NY Giants and gets put in the unenviable position of having to replace Eli Manning. He actually plays OK, but the Giants still lose. The next day the coach and GM are fired for starting him and Eli is given back the job.

-year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup 

Can Jay Z survive the drop in income?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

This. 

It's amazing to me the number of folks who, to this day, will threadnaught argue with people over the potential greatness of Geno Smith.

Never place your faith in a QB who can’t wipe the sweat from his own face.

begin geno smith GIF

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Quote ((year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup ))

That's  not Siberia. That's' heaven. 

8 million dollars for 7 years of glorified working out in public and not even have to the last couple.  Give me that job

Why do the chargers love our second hand trash qbs?