Snacks re-signs with Lions for 1 year, $11M

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001043225/article/damon-harrison-signs-oneyear-extension-with-lions

Damon Harrison signs one-year extension with Lions

• 0ap3000000923719.jpg
  • By Jeremy Bergman
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 21, 2019 at 07:30 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 22, 2019 at 07:42 a.m.

Detroit is doubling down on Snacks.

The Lions have signed defensive tackle Damon Harrison to a one-year extension worth $11 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Harrison will receive $12 million in guaranteed money over the next two seasons. The team later confirmed the signing.

Snacks was just recently taken off the active/non-football injury list. Harrison skipped Detroit's mandatory minicamp alongside cornerback Darius Slay in hopes of receiving a new deal or revised contract. Slay has yet to receive his raise, but Harrison did on Wednesday.

Harrison had two years left on his deal before inking this extension. Now he's signed in Detroit through the 2021 season.

The All-Pro defensive tackle played 10 games for Detroit last year after being traded from the New York Giants midseason -- he played in 17 (!) contests overall -- recording 50 tackles and 3.5 sacks for the Lions.

Harrison is the lynchpin of a reconstructed Detroit defensive line this season, flanked by Trey Flowers, Mike Daniels, A'Shawn Robinson and Romeo Okwara, and for seasons to come.

13 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

He was the missing piece to put those Bowles defenses over the top and lead the Jets to the promise land?

Paying Wilkerson after he broke his leg in the last game of the season, followed by letting Snacks walk was a decision that definitely set the franchise back a number of years. 

Todd Bowles would have ruined Reggie White if he was on this roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Paying Wilkerson after he broke his leg in the last game of the season, followed by letting Snacks walk was a decision that definitely set the franchise back a number of years. 

Todd Bowles would have ruined Reggie White if he was on this roster.

Every setback is followed up by a comeback- Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I still don’t understand why the Giants traded him.

Why the Giants traded him?  Why did the Jets not resign him?

Imagine him in the middle with Leo on one side and Quinnen on the other side.

Or, Damon and Q in the middle and Anderson and Leo on the outside.

Man, this type of stuff just makes me speechless.  Keeping Wilkerson and Richardson instead just of keeping Harrison is one of the many reasons why the Jets have stunk these last few years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

Why the Giants traded him?  Why did the Jets not resign him?

Imagine him in the middle with Leo on one side and Quinnen on the other side.

Or, Damon and Q in the middle and Anderson and Leo on the outside.

Man, this type of stuff just makes me speechless.  Keeping Wilkerson and Richardson instead just of keeping Harrison is one of the many reasons why the Jets have stunk these last few years.

The problem we had was cap room. As I recall, the Jets made him an offer but the Giants had a ton of cap room and were able to pay him more than we could.

45 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The problem we had was cap room. As I recall, the Jets made him an offer but the Giants had a ton of cap room and were able to pay him more than we could.

That's because macc decided to pay wilk rather than snacks... Just Another of the Many macc mistakes.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's because macc decided to pay wilk rather than snacks... Just Another of the Many macc mistakes.

The guy has 9 sacks in an 8 year career. Over a third of which came last season alone.

Dominant run stuffer, but offers nothing else.

Hell, I didn’t want to pay Mo at the time that we did. I wanted to trade him after drafting Leo. But I at least understood it. He hadn’t really shown any signs of transforming into a lazy, incompetent dipsh*t and had 28.5 sacks over the previous 3 seasons as a 5-tech, albeit he was also coming off a broken leg (a 3-4 month injury).

Mo turned into an absolute slug...but who can honestly say that they saw that coming beforehand?

He was a fan favorite before landing the big contract and dogging it.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

The only non-obvious good decision Macc ever made was trading with the Colts months before the draft. If the Colts had held on, they would've gotten a ransom with Sam sitting there at 3.

It was a good trade for both sides.  We got Sam, Colts got Nelson

Mac’s drafts were mostly beyond brutal. Everyone is crying about this Winovich guy who is the next overrated Patriot LB,  We could have had Orlando Brown and Cam Robinson back to back drafts we could have had become set at both Tackle positions the next 10 years

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It was a good trade for both sides.  We got Sam, Colts got Nelson

Mac’s drafts were mostly beyond brutal. Everyone is crying about this Winovich guy who is the next overrated Patriot LB,  We could have had Orlando Brown and Cam Robinson back to back drafts we could have had become set at both Tackle positions the next 10 years

Definitely but imagine what the Colts could've had if they held their cards. Of course, Grigson was rational in assuming Baker and Darnold would go 1-2. At the time he probably thought he was fleecing the Jets who would end up with Josh Rosen.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Definitely but imagine what the Colts could've had if they held their cards. Of course, Grigson was rational in assuming Baker and Darnold would go 1-2. At the time he probably thought he was fleecing the Jets who would end up with Josh Rosen.

True.  But The colts were in a wierd spot because they weren’t taking a qb but they had such a high pick in a qb rich draft

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

True.  But The colts were in a wierd spot because they weren’t taking a qb but they had such a high pick in a qb rich draft

It's definitely hindsight. I wonder which teams would've tried to swing a trade with Sam on the board? Bills, Fins, Jets (obviously), probably a lot more.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The guy has 9 sacks in an 8 year career. Over a third of which came last season alone.

Dominant run stuffer, but offers nothing else.

Hell, I didn’t want to pay Mo at the time that we did. I wanted to trade him after drafting Leo. But I at least understood it. He hadn’t really shown any signs of transforming into a lazy, incompetent dipsh*t and had 28.5 sacks over the previous 3 seasons as a 5-tech, albeit he was also coming off a broken leg (a 3-4 month injury).

Mo turned into an absolute slug...but who can honestly say that they saw that coming beforehand?

He was a fan favorite before landing the big contract and dogging it.

He was my favourite player for quite some time, until he started phoning it in when he received his pay rise. Was really disappointed with him after that.

He was a favorite while on the Jets but OMG when he arrived in the Giants’ locker  room, ABout the giants winning culture blah blah blah. Can’t even find It anymore in the net, it’s like he was never on the Jets