The New York Jets defense: Bent? Broken? … no chance

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The fact is the Colts who were moving to 4-3 defense didn’t think he was a fit . (Why Jets paid peanuts to acquire him)     Yea but he can work in Greg Williams magic 4-3 defense.  Okay buddy ???.

Btw could care about metrics, C Ferrell in a game was able to chase down Kyle Murray. ( all I had to see)

And when I put all my trust in the Colts and their defensive geniuses I'll get back to you.  

Ferrell, all you had to see was what he did against a rookie QB who had no clue what he was doing?  Does that put Ferrell in your all time best of the greats Pro Bowl that you have all other 21 other players on O & D?

49 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

How ? Whose the De’s the Jets have that’s going to provide the pressure.   

In 3-4 outside lbs should provide the pressure, and in the  4-3 defense the defense Ends should provide pressure. 

Either defense you’re missing the pass rushers.

Who's the great olbs we have to pass rush?? Polite? Lol right. Anderson had 7 sacks last year and should atleast duplicate that with Q taking up some double teams. Four down linemen is our strength at this time, not the olbs.

21 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The fact is the Colts who were moving to 4-3 defense didn’t think he was a fit . (Why Jets paid peanuts to acquire him)     Yea but he can work in Greg Williams magic 4-3 defense.  Okay buddy ???.

Btw could careless about metrics, C Ferrell in a game was able to chase down Kyle Murray. ( all I had to see)

Did you see that play where Henry Anderson obliterated the RT and collapse the pocket on Matt Ryan... that’s all I had to see...

Also your citing a play where Murray ran from an unblocked Ferrell and was neither caught and was able to make a throw.

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure how the Jets will succeed in Nickel and Dime packages with that set of DBs and little pass rush.  The NFL has clearly turned into a passing league.  We don't need to look at other teams, just our own, to see Gase hoping to deploy Bell, Herndon, Crowder, Enunwa, Robby at the same time to put pressure on opponents.

Unless the guys up front + Jenkins are getting into the QB's grill consistently I'm just not sure our secondary will hold up.  We'd better pray that both Trumaine Johnson and Marcus May get on the field, stay on the field, and play close to their best capabilities all season.

This group of DBs is just awful

Mac had more than enough cap room to sign Bradley Roby, Pierre Desir and resign Claiborne but nope

Mayfield and Brady are gonna shred these corners in weeks 2 & 3.  Let’s hope Sam can put up more points.

We are basically relying on Quinnen and Henry Anderson to generate pressure.  Not sure if anyone else can do it.  Maybe in the regular season they ask Polite to be a 3rd down edge rusher with only 1 job?  

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets don’t have the personnel to run either the 3-4 defense , or the 4-3 defense.  ( still missing key parts for both defenses). 

Greg Williams has to try it make it work with what he has.  H Anderson is strictly a 3-4 defense end , just because he’s going to play 4-3 defense means he will be effective.  Like the Jets really don’t have the pass rushers for either defense.

Some teams that are weak on the interior part of the offense line will have major problems with the Jets defense line.   Teams with very good interior part of the offense line , are going to hurt the Jets bad.

Just go away please. You've been posting here for years, I don't understand why, but your ALWAYS WRONG, ALWAYS.