Cimini-Polite on roster bubble?

I have resigned myself to the fact that, particularly with the injury/suspension, Polite makes the roster, if not as the 53rd guy, and see if he figures it out.  

I don’t think he is on the 2020 roster, but maybe I am wrong.

He is just a guy that is not that smart.  Like Anderson.  Robby eventually got it...sort of.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Gholston was taken sixth overall, Polite was a dice roll in the third round.

That said, Macc did absolutely have a propensity for dice rolls that did not work out.

Also agree with those saying Cimini doesn’t have a ton of credibility.

Finally, beauty of a new GM is no loyalty to prior GM’s picks. This year’s 53 will make the roster on merit.

That said, if Polite is cut I’d guess he lands on another team’s roster for at least a bit.

I’ve been following the Jets a long time and I don’t recall a draft pick (top 4 rounds) written off as fast as Polite. 

Literally five days into camp there were reports of how badly he was struggling. 

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m all for not hanging on to guys too long. But cutting him before he even plays a down is stupid IMO.  Polite does OK in practice. Just needs to put it together in game. 

Cutting Polite now would be the dumbest thing ever.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So, in other words, he’s predicting that he will make the roster.

How would we know that Polite only “barely” made the roster? 

If when Cimini tweets out the Jets' final roster, he puts this emoji ? next to Polite's name.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

On his podcast (terrific listen) he predicted Polite would barely make the roster. 

The kid is looking like Vernon Gholston in Rd 3

1. There’s no such thing as Gholston in Rd 3

2. You either make the roster or you don’t. What’s barely? 

Edit: comment not intended at the OP, rather questioning Semeni’s thought process. 

Just now, J_Smith said:

Meanwhile I’m watching josh Allen absolutely demolish miami’s Starters tonight. Run defense, coverage, pass rush. Would be nice to have a game wrecker, hurts when you pass on one

He’s the only other guy I wanted at 3.  I still think QW becomes a tremendous player for us but man we coulda had Josh Allen and Jadaveon Clowney ugh

• Upvote 2