Cimini-Polite on roster bubble?

54 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ya, I was just thinking that the guys knocking the ex gm with a 24-40 record are the crazy ones. Not the one still enthusiastically defending him months after he left, that guy is sane.

Move on Pac.

Your elementary shame posts dont work on me, pork chop.

For every post I have defending him there are 200 hot takes blaming him for global warming.

You need me on this wall.

2 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

I’ve been following the Jets a long time and I don’t recall a draft pick (top 4 rounds) written off as fast as Polite. 

Literally five days into camp there were reports of how badly he was struggling. 

I know I've posted on this topic before but reading this just brought the memory back.

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio a few years ago and Pat Kirwan, who used to work for the Jets, took a ride out to Jet training camp the year Gholston was drafted and within 1 minute of watching him practice he said to his friend,"He CAN'T play in this league"....not "he can't start"..."he needs some work"......F**KIN wild.....and he was right.  He said it was all about him not being able to move his hips.

I don't have much hope for Polite after what has already being reported, and being that he is a Maccagnan pick clinches that he probably will be totally out of the league in under 12 months....meanwhile Chase Winovich will probably be causing the Jets grief for around 10 years.

Thank you Maccagnan.  By the way if you're reading this...where are you?

• Upvote 1

I don't think the Jets outright cut Polite. They could probably trade him to a team that might be able to have more patience and develop him. Believe it or not the Jets are in win now mode. I think the Jets could get a 5th for him or maybe a another player drafted this past draft that their team isn't so happy with also. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s the only other guy I wanted at 3.  I still think QW becomes a tremendous player for us but man we coulda had Josh Allen and Jadaveon Clowney ugh

Clowney is lazy and sucks... Josh Allen may be great but qw is going to be a terror that releases Leo and Anderson for more pressure... We have not seen the full squad yet and the plays qw are in he looks real good. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

I’ve been following the Jets a long time and I don’t recall a draft pick (top 4 rounds) written off as fast as Polite. 

Literally five days into camp there were reports of how badly he was struggling. 

How are things going in Giants camp though @WayneChrebet80? Oh, I’m sorry I meant to call you @SteamyRayVaughn. I’ll have to keep track of which account you’re posting from. 

12 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

On his podcast (terrific listen) he predicted Polite would barely make the roster. 

The kid is looking like Vernon Gholston in Rd 3

Apples and oranges.  Vernon Gholston was picked 6th overall.  Comparing that to a 3rd rounder is beyond a stretch.

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I know I've posted on this topic before but reading this just brought the memory back.

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio a few years ago and Pat Kirwan, who used to work for the Jets, took a ride out to Jet training camp the year Gholston was drafted and within 1 minute of watching him practice he said to his friend,"He CAN'T play in this league"....not "he can't start"..."he needs some work"......F**KIN wild.....and he was right.  He said it was all about him not being able to move his hips.

I don't have much hope for Polite after what has already being reported, and being that he is a Maccagnan pick clinches that he probably will be totally out of the league in under 12 months....meanwhile Chase Winovich will probably be causing the Jets grief for around 10 years.

Thank you Maccagnan.  By the way if you're reading this...where are you?

Apparently Winovich has been great so far and the Pats also have an undrafted rookie WR (Jakobi Meyers) that is supposedly looking like a steal.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m all for not hanging on to guys too long. But cutting him before he even plays a down is stupid IMO.  Polite does OK in practice. Just needs to put it together in game. 

He should get ONE season to show what he can do. So, YES, I agree parting ways with him now wouldn't be fair, but if he can't learn within a year he's never going to. Ducasse for example, he got what? FOUR seasons? ALL the while he was complete and utter garbage in EVERYTHING he ever did. He was a penalty machine on top of his horrid play. For me it was so sad all you could do was laugh or else you'd lose faith in the organization.

What's really, really bothersome is how many posters doubled down on their support of him? In that season when he lost his job there were so many posters that INSISTED he was awesome and becoming a truly great player. It was as if they had lost their ability to actually be objective about what they were watching? They actually PROVED the theory behind not knowing when they sold out. A very, very sad state for Jets fans. Now, I'm sure this sort of thing probably happens within every fan base. I've witnessed it with other teams. Where the fan actually doesn't have an inkling of a clue what they are talking about and you're actually as much laughing at them as you are laughing at what they said. It happens.

What's most important is honest discussion about where the problems are with this team. Placing the way someone said something aside to get to the root of the problem.

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Your elementary shame posts dont work on me, pork chop.

For every post I have defending him there are 200 hot takes blaming him for global warming.

You need me on this wall.

You act like there needs to be someone defending Mike Maccagnan.  Why?  He got fired and is currently unemployed.  He was paid handsomely to do a job and did it poorly.  You ripped on Ryan Fitzpatrick for far less.  

If you're going to pick a hill to die on, pick one that at least makes some sense.  

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You act like there needs to be someone defending Mike Maccagnan.  Why?  He got fired and is currently unemployed.  He was paid handsomely to do a job and did it poorly.  You ripped on Ryan Fitzpatrick for far less.  

If you're going to pick a hill to die on, pick one that at least makes some sense.  

I'll take all this under advisement.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  You'll be there to remind us later in the season regardless.  Either we go 7-9 and its Gase's fault for screwing up Macc's playoff roster, or we earn the Wild Card and all credit goes to Macc.  

When I said I'll take it under advisement that was code for g.f.y.

Macc did leave a playoff roster.  Let's see what happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

When do you think Maccagnan will get another NFL job 

Don't know and don't particularly care.  Occasionally I just feel compelled to respond to the nonsense.  I see others doing the same thing from time to time.  If that results in cute little nicknames for me and the ire of the ilk than so be it.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Don't know and don't particularly care.  Occasionally I just feel compelled to respond to the nonsense.  I see others doing the same thing from time to time.  If that results in cute little nicknames for me and the ire of the ilk I guess I'll just have to find a way to deal with it.

Probably soon, personnel guys are always in demand

• Haha 2