Jump to content

Josh Allen Is Absolutely Terrorizing The Dolphins


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, J_Smith said:

Just posted about this in the Polite thread. Allen is an absolute game wrecker. He does it all

Yeah but Q Will plays the same position at Leo Will so the Jets can let him leave, yet they still can’t find that gem off the edge man if only they could have found an edge guy over Q Will, and just pay Leo for phucks sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you meant the QB

Please be good, QW

So glad Mike McCagnan is gone 

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Calvin Pace of Defensive Tackles?????????

The Leo Will of Defensive T

The Mo Wilkerson of Defensive T

The Sheldon Richardson of Defensive T

The Damon Harrison of Defensive T

The Mike Pennel of DT

The list just goes on, you would think DT’s were QB’s the way the Jets under the last 3 regimes drafted, and spent their FA $$

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
He definitely meets the minimum 7-of-10 on the douchemeter...


I feel like i should be feeling bad for Rosen

But instead it’s like ... seeing a guy you don’t know at a party ... he’s dressed real nice , hanging out with a fancy drink in his hand ... talking to 2 or 3 other pretentious d**shbags ... looking down their noses, at everyone else at the party. I don’t even have to hear a word coming out of his arrogant mouth to instantaneously know that i hate him

I don’t even know the guy personally ... but if he got arrested for drunk driving on the way home, or fell down the front steps on his way out and hurt himself ... those things would make me very happy

jmo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ljr said:

 


I feel like i should be feeling bad for Rosen

But instead it’s like ... seeing a guy you don’t know at a party ... he’s dressed real nice , hanging out with a fancy drink in his hand ... talking to 2 or 3 other pretentious d**shbags ... looking down their noses, at everyone else at the party. I don’t even have to hear a word coming out of his arrogant mouth to instantaneously know that i hate him

I don’t even know the guy personally ... but if he got arrested for drunk driving on the way home, or fell down the front steps on his way out and hurt himself ... those things would make me very happy

jmo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Wait I thought you were talking about Baker.  I feel the same way about him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Didn’t Josh Allen’s metrics underwhelm?

Actually his metrics were really good. The knock on him was that he didn’t use a wide array of pass rushing moves so folks didn’t know if his style would translate well at the next level. 

I wanted him at 3, because to me getting 17 sacks at UK in the SEC is impressive regardless of how you do it. It’s not like he played with multiple NFL players on defense like Quinnen did. 

Alabama guys are always overrated IMO. Quinnen to me will be like Jonathan Allen-not a bust, but certainly not a top 3 pick.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ljr said:

 


I feel like i should be feeling bad for Rosen

But instead it’s like ... seeing a guy you don’t know at a party ... he’s dressed real nice , hanging out with a fancy drink in his hand ... talking to 2 or 3 other pretentious d**shbags ... looking down their noses, at everyone else at the party. I don’t even have to hear a word coming out of his arrogant mouth to instantaneously know that i hate him

I don’t even know the guy personally ... but if he got arrested for drunk driving on the way home, or fell down the front steps on his way out and hurt himself ... those things would make me very happy

jmo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Image result for jealousy wears a coat

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

Actually his metrics were really good. The knock on him was that he didn’t use a wide array of pass rushing moves so folks didn’t know if his style would translate well at the next level. 

I wanted him at 3, because to me getting 17 sacks at UK in the SEC is impressive regardless of how you do it. It’s not like he played with multiple NFL players on defense like Quinnen did. 

Alabama guys are always overrated IMO. Quinnen to me will be like Jonathan Allen-not a bust, but certainly not a top 3 pick.

Got it. So your still IFFY on Sam & now Quinnen. Who are you really?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's only pre-season, but he has been single handedly dominating their offense. The Dolphins O is epically bad though.

This. 

The intent isnt to take away from what Allen did, but that Dolphins O-line looks like they're going to kill every qb behind it this year. 

That line is terrible 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I"m just going to dangle the fact that the nearly unanimous best defensive player in the league right now and over the past 3 years is a DT. 

Not saying QW is that or that he'll be better than JA would have been for us, but DTs aren't all just glorified run blockers.  Let's see what our guy can do (besides be ridiculously entertaining on a hot mic).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

This. 

The intent isnt to take away from what Allen did, but that Dolphins O-line looks like they're going to kill every qb behind it this year. 

That line is terrible 

I read that on one play, both Tackles got beat and Rosen got crunched between two rushers.  I really do feel bad for the kid going from the worst OL in the NFL to the worst OL in the NFL on his first two seasons.  I think he can really have a shot to be good if he survives.  Think of him as a Carr brother.  We just don't know which one yet.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
I read that on one play, both Tackles got beat and Rosen got crunched between two rushers.  I really do feel bad for the kid going from the worst OL in the NFL to the worst OL in the NFL on his first two seasons.  I think he can really have a shot to be good if he survives.  Think of him as a Carr brother.  We just don't know which one yet.

Right.

I think that this is probably exactly what he needed to have a shot at a long term NFL career. He’s getting served a healthy slice of humble pie his first two seasons. With all of the knocks on him about being a serious D bag, I think the two pOrous OL’s, The consistent losing and the trade after watching Kyler Murray get drafted 1st overall to take your job could go a long way toward giving him an entirely different perspective on life.

As much as I hate the phins AND every other QB in sam’s draft class (just the kinda guy I am) I can’t help but have a soft spot for Rosen right now.

His first TD pass against us should take care of that though. lol


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

Actually his metrics were really good. The knock on him was that he didn’t use a wide array of pass rushing moves so folks didn’t know if his style would translate well at the next level. 

I wanted him at 3, because to me getting 17 sacks at UK in the SEC is impressive regardless of how you do it. It’s not like he played with multiple NFL players on defense like Quinnen did. 

Alabama guys are always overrated IMO. Quinnen to me will be like Jonathan Allen-not a bust, but certainly not a top 3 pick.

There was no actual knock on Allen.  The stuff people were spewing around here about why they didnt like Allen was totally bogus.  The guy had 17 sacks in the SEC, you really think he got every single of them the exact same way, just running around people? He has plenty of variety, he rag dolls 300lbs'ers like it's nothing.   And this was in addition to the fact he was dropping into coverage 40% of the time.  The guy was by far the most versatile defender in the draft.  

But hey, Defensive Tackles Win Championships.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really wanted Josh Allen and given our continued need at outside pass rusher and the fact that Polite could be a whif, this is killing me.  I like QW and I think he’ll be really good, but if Josh Allen is even just 70% of what Khalil Mack is then we blew it at #3.

Agree

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

a very valid point, but Allen is tossing guys around out there. If QW looked like that in pre-season against anyone, we'd be soiling ourselves. He looks like he's playing against XFL guys.

QW hasn't been allowed to play enough snaps and hasn't played on the line with Leo yet. Let's see how he looks on Saturday but he looked real good in the limited plays against Falcons.  It seemed like he was always in the backfield.... he missed a couple of tackles but he was disrupting without any 'real' stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really wanted Josh Allen and given our continued need at outside pass rusher and the fact that Polite could be a whif, this is killing me.  I like QW and I think he’ll be really good, but if Josh Allen is even just 70% of what Khalil Mack is then we blew it at #3.

I agree Polite is a ? but if anything Winovich was the pick with QW... I think that is the bigger disappointment... Josh Allen looks like he might be real good but QW already looks like a pocket wrecker and he doesn't even have Leo with him yet. Lets see on Saturday before we start judging whether Allen will be the better pick.

Personally I wanted an edge rusher as well and wanted them to trade down but it didn't happen. QW has the chance to be a Sapp type in the middle, that is sick and not something the Jets have had since Klecko

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

There was no actual knock on Allen.  The stuff people were spewing around here about why they didnt like Allen was totally bogus.  The guy had 17 sacks in the SEC, you really think he got every single of them the exact same way, just running around people? He has plenty of variety, he rag dolls 300lbs'ers like it's nothing.   And this was in addition to the fact he was dropping into coverage 40% of the time.  The guy was by far the most versatile defender in the draft.  

But hey, Defensive Tackles Win Championships.

 

I don't think the bigger question was on Allen but if they should take Allen over QW... I still think they made the right call

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don't think the bigger question was on Allen but if they should take Allen over QW... I still think they made the right call

Nah, people outright didnt like Allen as a prospect around here.   All sorts of stupid reasons.  

I hope you're right they made the right call.  I have my doubts but I love me some Q.Will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This. 

The intent isnt to take away from what Allen did, but that Dolphins O-line looks like they're going to kill every qb behind it this year. 

That line is terrible 

That is why it's a priority to start Fitzy at QB.  Need to finally finish that mf'er off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really wanted Josh Allen and given our continued need at outside pass rusher and the fact that Polite could be a whif, this is killing me.  I like QW and I think he’ll be really good, but if Josh Allen is even just 70% of what Khalil Mack is then we blew it at #3.

What if Qw is the 70% Reggie White?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really wanted Josh Allen and given our continued need at outside pass rusher and the fact that Polite could be a whif, this is killing me.  I like QW and I think he’ll be really good, but if Josh Allen is even just 70% of what Khalil Mack is then we blew it at #3.

You wanted JAllen because you thought the guy we would draft two rounds later could be a whiff? Have the lotto numbers for tomorrow? Lol.

What Allen becomes has nothing to do with what Q may become.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen and QW will both be great players. Who will be more consistent? Who will be able to stay healthy? Those are the critical questions. 

Whats interesting to me is that both guys will have adequate defensive talent around them to showcase their abilities. No excuses. 

I would put Bosa in this category as well but it already looks like he is going to have issues battling injuries. We shall see. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You wanted JAllen because you thought the guy we would draft two rounds later could be a whiff? Have the lotto numbers for tomorrow? Lol.

What Allen becomes has nothing to do with what Q may become.

Ha!  No, I had no idea who we'd get two rounds later.  I obviously didn't state that correctly, but my draft preference is typically when two players are rated fairly equally (as I thought QW and Allen were) then the thing that tips you in one direction over another is need.  I had QW and Allen both as Top 5 guys....whether one was worth the #2 and the other #3 doesn't really matter.....in my opinion our glaring need at Edge rusher should have trumped adding another body to a crowded DLine.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

There was no actual knock on Allen.  The stuff people were spewing around here about why they didnt like Allen was totally bogus.  The guy had 17 sacks in the SEC, you really think he got every single of them the exact same way, just running around people? He has plenty of variety, he rag dolls 300lbs'ers like it's nothing.   And this was in addition to the fact he was dropping into coverage 40% of the time.  The guy was by far the most versatile defender in the draft.  

But hey, Defensive Tackles Win Championships.

 

I thought most were saying that he wasn't athletic enough due to his metrics and that was why we should pass on him. I personally think the metrics have value but people put way too much into the individual metrics one way or the other in football. Baseball is totally different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I thought most were saying that he wasn't athletic enough due to his metrics and that was why we should pass on him. I personally think the metrics have value but people put way too much into the individual metrics one way or the other in football. Baseball is totally different.

His measurables had him as a moderate risk if memory serves, he wasn't a stiff like Gholston but not an elite athlete either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I"m just going to dangle the fact that the nearly unanimous best defensive player in the league right now and over the past 3 years is a DT. 

Not saying QW is that or that he'll be better than JA would have been for us, but DTs aren't all just glorified run blockers.  Let's see what our guy can do (besides be ridiculously entertaining on a hot mic).

Aaron Donald had 20.5 sacks last season, and has 59.5 for his career.  He's other-worldly playing a position where sacks are very hard to come by.  

Pass-rushing DT's are so valuable because the distance to the QB is shorter, thus it helps to negate the QB's who constantly get the ball out quickly (like Brady).   

The problem is very few guys on the planet can do this.  And we passed on the pass-rushing DT with Donald-like metrics (Ed Oliver) for the guy who MIGHT be a solid pass-rusher in QW.  If QW ends up a rich man's Gerald McCoy, that won't be enough to justify the # 3 overall pick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...