jgb

Your personal best call and worst call

My best call: Knew from day 1 Geno would fail mightily, due to character issues.

My worst call: Several. Favre would win a SB with us. Gholston would be a beast. Rex was a perfect fit and would be a lifetime HC here. 

Best call: Whippoorwill. 

Worst call: Bomb scare sophomore (and last) year of college. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My best call: Knew from day 1 Geno would fail mightily, due to character issues.
My worst call: Several. Favre would win a SB with us. Gholston would be a beast. Rex was a perfect fit and would be a lifetime HC here. 

I’m still waiting for my best call and my worst calls are a list I won’t bore you with in this thread. 🤮🥴🤮

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

Best call: My first reaction when I heard we traded up to get Sanchez was negative.  I wasn't too hot on him coming into the draft.

Worst call: I thought Todd Bowles could be a good head coach.

• Upvote 2

Best call - Calais Campbell would be better then Gholston (and I drafted him in my mock that year) 

Worst call - Matt “The Hebrew Hammer” Bernstein was going to be the next Mike Alstott (I also drafted him in my mock that year) 

• Haha 2

Best call: Knew Pennington was a yellow bellied loser in 2002

Worst call: Really anytime I've ever said anything remotely positive about the Jets. I was happy with the Bowles / Mac combo, for instance. That one smarts

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Best call? Split decision: DuCasse. Call it a horrible pick the minute they drafted him. 

Darnold. Watched that Rose Bowl and was blown away. 

Worst Call? I thought Scott Frost would be a great safety. 

• Upvote 1

Best Call: Christian Hackenberg 

I watched a ton of this kid in college and was extremely disappointed the Jets drafted him 

Runner Up: The whole Doug Jolley trade and drafting of Mike Nugent 

Worst Call: So many...

Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Devin Smith, Jace Amaro, I wanted the Jets to draft Matt Leinart instead of D’Brick, Didn’t like doubling up on OL with Mangold. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Best call Pat Mahomes II will be a HOFer with multiple SB’s (hasn’t happened, but it will).

Worst call loving the Stephen Hill pick.

• Upvote 1

Best call
Predicting the Jets would make the playoffs while walking out of the stadium after that devastating falcons loss back in 09 and mapping it out how it played out,

Worst call
Celebrating way too early at halftime of the 98 championship game thinking I/Jets we’re going to the Super Bowl

Best call: Hackenberg. Knew he had no chance to be a good NFL QB. Openly mocked the decision to draft him at the time on several message boards. 

Worst call: Probably Geno. Thought he was the guy after the win in Atlanta on Monday night. 

Best call: I was disgusted when we traded the Orlando Pace pick down....wanted Pace badly and we wound up with James Farrior and Dorian Boose .

Worst call: I thought Marvin Jones was the next Mike Singletary , was convinced he was going to change our franchise . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jolot said:

Worst call: I thought Marvin Jones was the next Mike Singletary , was convinced he was going to change our franchise . 

Wow, random 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Wow, random 

Your right in hindsight, but at the time Jones was considered a once in a generation ferocious MLB...I don’t know one Jet fan who was upset when we drafted him ...just goes to show what a crapshoot the draft is lol 

• Upvote 1

Best Call: Predicted Matt Leinart would bust mightily.

Worst Call: I was one of the few who liked the Hackenberg pick. 😒

Best : Darron Lee. I remember the draft press conference after he was picked, never looked like he had swagger or the leadership to justify a 1st.

Worst: Thought Mike Glennon might be a hidden gem, liked (and still do) the kids attitude. But he's a jag.

My best call was after the Jets came out flat against Buffalo in a win and your in the playoffs game that Bowles was a horrible head coach and the Jets will never win anything with him as the head coach.

My worst call was Stephen Hill was a great 2nd round pick.

Best: spending the Money on the Fire Bowles and Mac flag and towel campaign last season

Worst: investing in Sec 203A PSL’s

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Worst call loving the Stephen Hill pick.

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

My best call was after the Jets came out flat against Buffalo in a win and your in the playoffs game that Bowles was a horrible head coach and the Jets will never win anything with him as the head coach.

My worst call was Stephen Hill was a great 2nd round pick.

Takes a set to admit that. I salute you both.

Best call: predicting that Gholston would bust, right after he was picked. The camera flashed to him in the Green Room after the pick was made, just as Jets fans started loudly booing outside. He looked absolutely terrified. Right then, I knew he didn't have the heart to make it. Ironically, the Jets fans weren't actually booing the Gholston pick - they were booing because the Pats had just gone on the clock.

Worst call: Loads of these. However, I really wanted Darron Lee and thought he was going to be an amazing moveable chess piece in the D. I saw him as a cover LB who could move outside on rush downs and pressure the QB. Didn't quite get that one right.

Worst call.  Stpehen Hill.  Thought he was gonna be everything we needed in a WR.  Big.  Fast.  Stretch the field.  Showed good hands at combine.  The guy was gonna be a stud.

Best call.  Learning to watch WR game tape rather than combine workouts after thinking Hill was gonna be good.

• Like 1

Best: ?  too many to list.  My resume speaks for itself.

Worst?  I've missed 1 or 2 in my days not much but the most recent one that looks like I was wayyyy off on was Teez Tabor.  Supposedly he made a HUGE jump this offseason but recently got injured.  Either way, I thought he was the best CB in the draft and he wasnt. lol

Best Call: Lance Mehl / Marty Lyons

Worst Call: Blair Thomas / Dee Milliner

• Like 1

Best call - Mike Devito from UMaine making the roster and having an ok NFL career.

Worst call - Ughhh.... Too many.   Probably Blair Thomas...

My most recent best call is Daniel Jones is a great qb.

Worst call - never really had one.  Im usually always right.

• Butt Fumble 1

Best call: still to be determined Sam Darnold

Worst call: Dexter McDougje

• Haha 1

Personal best... was calling Vernone Gholston the worst football player I have ever seen

Worst.... having faith Pennington would come back from all those injuries and Sanchez would be a good QB in the NFL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My most recent best call is Daniel Jones is a great qb.

Worst call - never really had one.  Im usually always right.

Daniel Jones has yet to have a real snap in the NFL 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Personal best... was calling Vernone Gholston the worst football player I have ever seen

Worst.... having faith Pennington would come back from all those injuries and Sanchez would be a good QB in the NFL

Vernon sucking was a layup, single handedly destroys the Mangini was a good talent evaluator take 

And the noodle arm sucked before, during and after the injuries 🤪

My worst call was I wanted the Jets to trade up for Mariota.

• Upvote 1

Worst- I was excited about Gholston, but my all time worst was Brady Quinn. Thought he was going to light up the league. I was so relieved when Miami passed on him.

Best- Dak Prescott. Seeing him against Bama, I knew he could ball. Also...knowing Quinton Coples was trash.

• Upvote 1

Over at JI, when Dewayne Robertson was drafted like in the top 5, I noticed that during his entire training camp, not a single thing was mentioned about him. NOTHING.

So I posted that he is a sure bust. The board killed me with "He hasn't even taken his first pro snap"""" (sound familiar?)

Anyway, he was indeed one of the biggest busts of all time.

I am wrong on Polite. He sucks

• Upvote 1

Worst - Convinced Lamont Jordan was Earl Campbell 2.0

Best - Sam Darnold is gonna superstar ball for the next 15 years

• Upvote 1