Gase haad maybe the best interview answer by HC in very long time yesterday

JohnnyLV

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Miami situation is / was toxic from their sick looking spooge uniforms to their lazy underachieving players. I have not heard nor have seen 1 player say anything negative here about Gase, in fact, if you watch TC highlights, there is real good interaction and comradery going on. Hope it continues, even if we lose a few games.

Excellent use of the phrase "spooge uniforms"  Well done..... ? 

Gase is turning out to be the 100% polar opposite of what we all thought about him.
I don't know why - he's always been known to adapt and adjust based in his QB and personnel in general. When the Dolphins hired him, it worried a lot of us - he had a great rep at the time. That's never been his issue.

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Gase is turning out to be the 100% polar opposite of what we all thought about him. Anytime I see him talk he is funny, personable, a pleasure to listen to, and man does he love football.

Well, that doesn't really matter. What matters is WINNING. When he starts doing that I'll start thinking he's a good HC. Until then it's just lol service. And I'm not talking about one good year either. I'm talking about CONSISTENT success year in and year out. He got HIS General Manager. He got HIS free agents. He's got a very good up and coming QB. No excuses. It's time for this guy that we THINK is a good HC to prove it. With good drafting going forward Gase already has the foundation pieces in place. There's NO reason why this team shouldn't at the very least be in play for a playoff spot each and every year that Sam Darnold is healthy.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Gase is turning out to be the 100% polar opposite of what we all thought about him. Anytime I see him talk he is funny, personable, a pleasure to listen to, and man does he love football.

Maybe what You thought about him. 

Wasn't it refreshing to have a Head Coach take responsibility for an error in judgement for a change when Gase admitted maybe he shouldn't have left Avery Williamson in the game that long?

Rex and Blowes never admitted a mistake.  In fact, they would twist obvious logic into indefensible knots to stand by their decisions.

Gase is going to be the Jets HC for a long time...

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

I do think his strong personalty rubs some players the wrong way, especially when he is losing like we saw with a few players in Miami. But man you are right, his interviews are great and his prospective on the team and football in general really is fun to watch or listen too. 

Too soon to tell but it's almost like when you leave a bad girlfriend, the next few girls seem so great until things get real. 

Who would have slthought crappy players would blame someone else for not playing up to expectations..

At the same time he should have run Drake more.

Very pleased with Gase so far