Free Agent WR Justin Hunter Working Out For Jets

Oh man, bad memories.  

I was so high on him coming out of Tennessee, thought he was going to be a stud.  I remember he caught a TD pass against the Jets once, high pointed a ball in the end zone right before halftime, and me telling folks this kid has so much potential.  

Sucks, at this point a JAG.   

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think it is.  Please name the teams and players that have great 4th and 5th recievers.

We don't have a true #1 WR no-one said anything about great 4th -5th WRs decent depth that can contribute on special teams I think is the goal of Joe Douglas and guys who can step in and be the #2-#3 if injuries occur. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We don't have a true #1 WR no-one said anything about great 4th -5th WRs decent depth that can contribute on special teams I think is the goal of Joe Douglas and guys who can step in and be the #2-#3 if injuries occur. 

You said depth is a concern.  We have 3 B/B+ recievers and butnett(young kid whos has looked good in practice) and dortch(young kid who has looked good).

Please give me a team that you would like us to emulate recievers 1-5.  And name the players.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

You said depth is a concern.  We have 3 B/B+ recievers and butnett(young kid whos has looked good in practice) and dortch(young kid who has looked good).

Please give me a team that you would like us to emulate recievers 1-5.  And name the players.

With injury history to Enunwa and Crowder and Robby as our #1 i'm assuming Joe Douglas is looking for solid depth guys he can turn to be starters in the event there are injuries. 

Many are forgetting Ty Montgomery as a situational WR who is good at it. 

The key factor in my opinion is height we need to add some height at WR depth.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With injury history to Enunwa and Crowder and Robby as our #1 i'm assuming Joe Douglas is looking for solid depth guys he can turn to be starters in the event there are injuries. 

Many are forgetting Ty Montgomery as a situational WR who is good at it. 

The key factor in my opinion is height we need to add some height at WR depth.

We have a tall receiving tight end.  I dont think you are factoring that in.  We are fine at reciever.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I'm really not sure why Douglas is scouring FAs for WRs with Dortch, Bellamy and Burnett. Those guys are solid back end depth guys all things considering. He should be doing this with the CB position. 

If a CB cant be had in a doable trade then my guess is JD will be scouring the waiver wire once teams start cutting down rosters. 

14 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not sure why he's looking. Dortch and Burnett can step in for Crowder TODAY as the FIFTH OPTION

I agree....but who steps in for Enunwa or Robby in case of injury?  Burnett and Dortch are not size, outside route-running type guys as far as I know.  We need a true backup for the X and Z wide receiver positions.

EDIT: For comparison...

Quincy Enunwa is 6'2" and Robby Anderson is 6'3"

Burnett is 6'0" and Dortch is 5'8"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree....but who steps in for Enunwa or Robby in case of injury?  Burnett and Dortch are not size, outside route-running type guys as far as I know.  We need a true backup for the X and Z wide receiver positions.

This guy gets it. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Burnett can play the outside.

Again, please name the teams and the players wher there are 6’3, 6’4 studs playing the 4th and 5th reciever position.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What does signing a back of the roster, if he shows he deserves it, have to do with a number 1 WR?  None of these guys we're kicking the tires of are ever going to be a number 3 WR, never mind in any #1 discussion.  Teams bring guys in to look at, not to make the top of the unit

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This guy gets it. 

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So if Enunwa, our #1 goes down, Hunter becomes our #1 because hes tall?  And SUCKS?  Wouldnt play Burnett because hes 2" shorter than Enunwa?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What does signing a back of the roster, if he shows he deserves it, have to do with a number 1 WR?  None of these guys we're kicking the tires of are ever going to be a number 3 WR, never mind in any #1 discussion.  Teams bring guys in to look at, not to make the top of the unit

Discussing the entire WR corps I added the fact in my opinion we lack a true #1 WR. Robby has been stepping up and hope he develops into one. 

Signing depth players isn't just to fill roster spots these players might be called into action. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

So if Enunwa, our #1 goes down, Hunter becomes our #1 because hes tall?  And SUCKS?  Wouldnt play Burnett because hes 2" shorter than Enunwa?

Nope but if Enunwa goes down who fills his shoes? Dorch?  Burnett?  COME ON MAN not in the mood to argue with you today. 

Take it elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I was being sarcastic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope but if Enunwa goes down who fills his shoes? Dorch?  Burnett?  COME ON MAN not in the mood to argue with you today. 

Take it elsewhere. 

Well if we add Hunter or any other scrub right now you think theyre filling in for Enunwa before Dorch or Burnett? 

I dont, thats why its not a big deal.  If they want another WR for the back of the unit I get that.  Perfect for the practice squad

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Burnett can play the outside.

Again, please name the teams and the players wher there are 6’3, 6’4 studs playing the 4th and 5th reciever position.

I like Burnett.  But, he only played meaningful downs last year towards the end in a lost season.  He's not the guy you want as your primary backup at the X and Z in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have no clue Adam Gase makes that call.  :cheers:

I asked if you think he would.  

I'm just saying IMO they never, ever would.  A Hunter type will never replace Enunwa.  AT best everyone moves up a spot and maybe he's activated 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not saying that...I'm saying the Jets should continue looking for a more prototypical backup WR at the X and Z.

• Upvote 1