Free Agent WR Justin Hunter Working Out For Jets

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe Douglas is obviously not satisfied with the WR corp depth here. 

Man can you imagine if this big time wide receiver that is on the trade block is Stefon Diggs or Adam Thielen? I know everyone is going to freak and say a 1st round pick is just way too much to give up for a player on the trade block.

But sh*t, that changes everything for Darnold. Put Diggs on this offense with Anderson,Enunwa,Crowder, and Bell and that is just explosive. Almost makes you forget about all the sh*t we been hearing about the OL and corner 

8 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Man can you imagine if this big time wide receiver that is on the trade block is Stefon Diggs or Adam Thielen? I know everyone is going to freak and say a 1st round pick is just way too much to give up for a player on the trade block.

But sh*t, that changes everything for Darnold. Put Diggs on this offense with Anderson,Enunwa,Crowder, and Bell and that is just explosive. Almost makes you forget about all the sh*t we been hearing about the OL and corner 

Ya why would vikings deal either of them? They have a small window to win right now with cousins. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Burnett.  But, he only played meaningful downs last year towards the end in a lost season.  He's not the guy you want as your primary backup at the X and Z in my opinion.

Not that I completely disagree, but what is your opinion actually based on? Burnett has the best hands on the team. He runs good routes, gets open and can make the spectacular grab. I don't know why some people aren't higher on this guy.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

The problem is that next year's receiving class is probably one of the best ever. Money matters.

5 minutes ago, rldev said:

Not that I completely disagree, but what is your opinion actually based on? Burnett has the best hands on the team. He runs good routes, gets open and can make the spectacular grab. I don't know why some people aren't higher on this guy.

And he has a history with Darnold, one where he was extremely productive

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya why would vikings deal either of them? They have a small window to win right now with cousins. 

Free up cap space. Can still be effective with just one of them and the other receivers ? 

There have been reports stating a top WR will be traded and the name will be a surprising one. 

Figured I would play the guessing game until then ??‍♂️

46 minutes ago, rldev said:

The problem is that next year's receiving class is probably one of the best ever. Money matters.

Amari Cooper ? Who will probably get a deal any day now. The next big WR free agent is Aj Green who is exciting but at this time too old and injury prone. Tyreek Hill will be a FA but let’s not even get into that. 

If we end up with a top WR in the league next year it will be through the trade market as next years class of wide receivers are slim pickings. 

7 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Free up cap space. Can still be effective with just one of them and the other receivers ? 

There have been reports stating a top WR will be traded and the name will be a surprising one. 

Figured I would play the guessing game until then ??‍♂️

Its not the vikes.  Cousins and zimmer on the hot seat if they do not succeed this year.  They need all hands on deck.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

If we end up with a top WR in the league next year it will be through the trade market as next years class of wide receivers are slim pickings. 

Think youre wrong here, its a really strong WR draft. 

Top overall player in the draft is probably Juedy with Higgens and Shenault in the top 10.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a tall receiving tight end.  I dont think you are factoring that in.  We are fine at reciever.

Regardless of how we feel about our WR depth, the team has brought in Dontrelle Inman and Justin Hunter in the past two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, PepPep said:

I'm really not sure why Douglas is scouring FAs for WRs with Dortch, Bellamy and Burnett. Those guys are solid back end depth guys all things considering. He should be doing this with the CB position. 

Did you ever see Q get even two steps of separation from a DB?  I think Q gets a bit of a pass on the site. He is maybe average.  Your guy comes down with it. do not want to constantly have wrestling matches for balls. Sometime during a game the other guy comes down with the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Did you ever see Q get even two steps of separation from a DB?  I think Q gets a bit of a pass on the site. He is maybe average.  Youer guys comes down with it. do ot want to constantly have wrestling matches for balls. Sometime during a game the other guy comes down with the ball.

I agree with you about Quincy. Every pass to him in preseason he's got a DB draped all over him which means he doesn't separate. Injury prone & average but the Jets pay him anyway (he's the Brian Winters of our receiver group). Another guy that got overpaid because our drafting has been horrific. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree....but who steps in for Enunwa or Robby in case of injury?  Burnett and Dortch are not size, outside route-running type guys as far as I know.  We need a true backup for the X and Z wide receiver positions.

EDIT: For comparison...

Quincy Enunwa is 6'2" and Robby Anderson is 6'3"

Burnett is 6'0" and Dortch is 5'8"

Agree.   Exactly.  It’s the very reason I was begging for Maccagnan to draft some of the bigger receivers that were available this year.  All of the depth is smaller slot type guys.  You need some length and some red zone big bodies in that receiving group.  People have been over valuing this receiver group way too much.  If either Robby or Quincy go down the receiving group is very small.   Besides, Enunwa has his issues to begin with, it’s not like he’s Deandre Hopkins.   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Amari Cooper ? Who will probably get a deal any day now. The next big WR free agent is Aj Green who is exciting but at this time too old and injury prone. Tyreek Hill will be a FA but let’s not even get into that. 

Lol....have you looked at who is draft eligible next year?   

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agree.   Exactly.  It’s the very reason I was begging for Maccagnan to draft some of the bigger receivers that were available this year.  All of the depth is smaller slot type guys.  You need some length and some red zone big bodies in that receiving group.  People have been over valuing this receiver group way too much.  If either Robby or Quincy go down the receiving group is very small.   Besides, Enunwa has his issues to begin with, it’s not like he’s Deandre Hopkins.   

Look at the Rams. When they lost Cooper Kupp & Gurley was limited they had just 2 smurfs in Cooks & Woods & Belichick snuffed them out like Yankee candles. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I agree with you about Quincy. Every pass to him in preseason he's got a DB draped all over him which means he doesn't separate. Injury prone & average but the Jets pay him anyway (he's the Brian Winters of our receiver group). Another guy that got overpaid because our drafting has been horrific. 

he is a physical specimen who stood out for effort after catch.  But first you have to catch it.  And the effort after catch led to injuries.  Gase even talked about it during OTAs

43 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I wasn’t referring to the draft I thought you were mentioning a strong FA class.

No big deal but you werent clear, you said if we got a WR next year it would be by trade as next years class of WRs is weak.  I didnt take that as anything but draft given the word class. 

On 8/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, rldev said:

burnett is on the slow side, useful against zone D but not a separation guy against man coverage.  he could make the team.  But he is not going to light up the league

I'm really not sure why Douglas is scouring FAs for WRs with Dortch, Bellamy and Burnett. Those guys are solid back end depth guys all things considering. He should be doing this with the CB position. 

I assume he's doing this for all positions.  Why would you not upgrade every position as best as you can (even if you think  you're already strong at it)?

Teams don't let any halfway decent CB's walk anymore.  The position is desolate.  Any CB's still available at this point are future FedEx drivers and not really worth bringing in for looks.