Maxman

Home Opener - Tailgating Menu (JN Group Outing)

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The regular season is almost here. We are looking forward to the JetNation group outing at the Jets \ Bills game on 9/8. For those of you that are joining us, we will get there at 8am when the parking lot opens up. Give us some time to setup and we will start packing up at noon. I would like to see if we can get everyone to walk in together. I have the tickets for everyone, we are allowed to use paper tickets, I will hand them out before the game.

If you haven't signed up yet and you want to go there are still some tickets available:  https://JetNation.com/shop

We are renting a small truck so I can bring a much larger grill to cook on.  Eric who tailgates with us every week is going to be the grill master for the day. As far as the tailgate goes, here are some details on what we will have.

• Cornhole
  • Horseshoes (what could possibly go wrong with that)
  • Music (I won't control the play list, this way the music won't suck)
  • TV with pregame shows
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Gatorade
  • Beer (Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite)
  • Pork Roll sandwiches for those that get there early
  • Hamburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Sausage Sandwiches
  • Wings
  • Side Salads
  • Chips and snacks

Should be a good time. If you are reading this and you have a tailgate and tickets already lined up, you should still stop by and say hi. We are in Lot F11. That is the very back of the lot, we will be by the RV.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Maxman. Everything looks great! 

I'm really starting to look forward to the get together and the game itself. Again this is my 11 yr old son's first opening day game and he's as pumped as he could be. 

One question...should I bring my record collection for the music?  Will there be a turn table and cassette deck? ;-) 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thanks Maxman. Everything looks great! 

I'm really starting to look forward to the get together and the game itself. Again this is my 11 yr old son's first opening day game and he's as pumped as he could be. 

One question...should I bring my record collection for the music?  Will there be a turn table and cassette deck? ;-) 

Too funny. I just got a record player. For the tailgate we will be going digital though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, courtnj18 said:

obama bowl GIF

+1.  Knew I would find this gif in the thread.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This will be awesome. Thanks again @Maxman

I am glad you are going again, thanks!

My group of 4 is looking forward to the tailgate and game. Thanks Maxman

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The regular season is almost here. We are looking forward to the JetNation group outing at the Jets \ Bills game on 9/8. For those of you that are joining us, we will get there at 8am when the parking lot opens up. Give us some time to setup and we will start packing up at noon. I would like to see if we can get everyone to walk in together. I have the tickets for everyone, we are allowed to use paper tickets, I will hand them out before the game.

If you haven't signed up yet and you want to go there are still some tickets available:  https://JetNation.com/shop

We are renting a small truck so I can bring a much larger grill to cook on.  Eric who tailgates with us every week is going to be the grill master for the day. As far as the tailgate goes, here are some details on what we will have.

• Cornhole
  • TV with pregame shows
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Gatorade
  • Hamburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Sausage Sandwiches
  • Wings
  • Side Salads
  • Chips and snacks

Should be a good time. If you are reading this and you have a tailgate and tickets already lined up, you should still stop by and say hi. We are in Lot F11. That is the very back of the lot, we will be by the RV.

Thanks everyone.

You are a great guy Max. I got tickets and will tailgate with friends but will see if I can swing by a say Hi. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:16 PM, edscuba said:

My group of 4 is looking forward to the tailgate and game. Thanks Maxman

Thanks it should be a lot of fun. Football is finally here.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, Fibonacci said:

You are a great guy Max. I got tickets and will tailgate with friends but will see if I can swing by a say Hi. 

Definitely stop by and say hi.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

No cornbread, tatertots, fried chicken, or sweet potatoes?

I know those are tailgating staples, we wanted to change it up a bit lol.

• Upvote 1

Thats a nice spread you put out, Horseshoes makes it killer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Whatever happened to Tailgate Joe didn't he used to be a regular here and a lot of the posters here used to tailgate with him. 

@Maxman  looks like this is going to be incredible wish I could make it. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Whatever happened to Tailgate Joe didn't he used to be a regular here and a lot of the posters here used to tailgate with him. 

@Maxman  looks like this is going to be incredible wish I could make it. 

Joe posts here, he started a thread the other day. Very weird question.

Joe runs the biggest tailgate in the lot. We will have about 60 people at our tailgate for the opener. Then for the rest of the year I will just go about feeding myself each week. Not sure how he does this weekly for 400 - 500 people. That is insane, but he does a great job.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Joe runs the biggest tailgate in the lot. We will have about 60 people at our tailgate for the opener. Then for the rest of the year I will just go about feeding myself each week. Not sure how he does this weekly for 400 - 500 people. That is insane, but he does a great job.

In this case smaller is better.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I plan on paying him a visit too that day I'm very happy he overcame that scare

• Upvote 1

Will there be a gazebo?

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Some of his tailgate concoctions look great. I thought he ran yours. Either way, pretty psyched

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Will there be a gazebo?

I so wish I could be there. 

Tell you what I will find one buy it and bring it that day and change my travel plans if you show up in an official NFL shop NY Jets Carly Lloyd jersey #69 or #0

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GATA said:

giphy.gif

Joe is a great dude and a good friend. We aren't that far from him, definitely stop by and say hi.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, Maxman said:

• Cornhole
  • TV with pregame shows
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Gatorade
  • Hamburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Sausage Sandwiches
  • Wings
  • Side Salads
  • Chips and snacks

Thanks everyone.

Looking forward to it. Thank you to Max as well as everyone else involved in who had a hand in putting this together. 

Go Jets! 

• Upvote 1

The tailgate is at 65 people right now, it will be good to see everyone.

• Post of the Week 1

Wish I could be there. Have a blast!

J-E-T-S!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The tailgate is at 65 people right now, it will be good to see everyone.

I’ll be proudly wearing my “Fire Mac” hat.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The classics never go out of style.

• Haha 1

We are gonna smoke the bills. This I know. 

Just now, jgb said:

We are gonna smoke the bills. This I know. 

I hope so. I think our 3 running backs will make the ball control offense potent, mainly from receptions and conservative passing plays.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You have to wear  Zubaz pants if you are going retro. 

Image result for new york jets zubaz pants

• Haha 1

So excited to announce that we have a new featured attraction for the tailgate. It is a punch @T0mShane in the mouth booth. With every $5 donation to the United Way you get to take a swing at Tom. This guy will do anything for charity.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So excited to announce that we have a new featured attraction for the tailgate. It is a punch @T0mShane in the mouth booth. With every $5 donation to the United Way you get to take a swing at Tom. This guy will do anything for charity.

I am glad to help the site any way I can PHIL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, Maxman said:

• Cornhole
  • TV with pregame shows
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Gatorade
  • Hamburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Sausage Sandwiches
  • Wings
  • Side Salads
  • Chips and snacks

Thanks everyone.

What no chicken spiedies? They're so good you have to look them up online if you've never had them!!! People in upstate New York know what they are because they are the ones who originated... Buffalo chicken spiedies are my favorite. Comes with the buffalo sauce blue cheese lettuce and tomato.. take a check