Jump to content
joewilly12

***Official **** Jets-Saints Pre-Season Game Thread

Recommended Posts

Feeling good about an impressive offensive showing tonight. Hope I'm right.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching One Jets Drive. I like the personality of this team. They’re workers all the way through. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just praying for no injuries at this point. I've seen enough from offense to have confidence in what they can do. I would be fine if the backups took over from now on. Defensively I just want to see some of the 2nd string D-linemen get some work and backup LBs- those who have locked up roster spots and those on the bubble. Maye probably needs some real action to get acclimated. Week 1 against the Bills will be a tough one and I'd hate to suffer a critical injury going into it, knowing Herndon, Copeland, and probably Try will be out.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players fighting for a spot on the final 53 lets see who deserves to be here tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, out of town replay not till 10 am tomorrow.

So I guess the JN blackout begins at kickoff for me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see NO KR/PR Deonte Harris. Every time I saw him at D2 Assumption, he was either returning kicks for big yards or TDs or the opponent kicked it out of bounds so he wouldn't touch the ball at all. Guy has another gear, and while he was doing this against D2 talent, it was remarkable. 

No injuries. 

How the f___ did the NFL allow the 80 yard field abortion in Canada Thursday? If you need any further proof the preseason is a joke, there you go. High schools and colleges scrimmage; there are no preseason games. The NFL could sell tickets to that. Guys would still get hurt, but these games are pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Curious to see NO KR/PR Deonte Harris. Every time I saw him at D2 Assumption, he was either returning kicks for big yards or TDs or the opponent kicked it out of bounds so he wouldn't touch the ball at all. Guy has another gear, and while he was doing this against D2 talent, it was remarkable. 

No injuries. 

How the f___ did the NFL allow the 80 yard field abortion in Canada Thursday? If you need any further proof the preseason is a joke, there you go. High schools and colleges scrimmage; there are no preseason games. The NFL could sell tickets to that. Guys would still get hurt, but these games are pointless. 

Dumb Canadians wreck everything.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that my summer vacation is over and I am back to work I can start wishing for September to hurry up! Bring on the fall weather! Even where I am in Mexico, the temperature drops a bit and you get those fall feelings. Man, I love football season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For us out-of-towners, can someone remind how to stream the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, majf said:

For us out-of-towners, can someone remind how to stream the game?

Search Reddit NFL streams.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drums said:

Now that my summer vacation is over and I am back to work I can start wishing for September to hurry up! Bring on the fall weather! Even where I am in Mexico, the temperature drops a bit and you get those fall feelings. Man, I love football season. 

Where in Mexico are you? I'm looking to move down as soon as this fall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I love playing the Saints..even if it is just preseason.

They're a Super Bowl level team. It's great experience for both sides of the ball. Darnold going toe-to-toe with Drew Brees for a half or more? Couldn't ask for a better opportunity in a tune-up game. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slats said:

Where in Mexico are you? I'm looking to move down as soon as this fall. 

Wow that’s great! I have seen you talk about Mexico a few times. I am currently in the sierra basically (Durango) but I’m probably moving to Monterrey or Guadalajara (my favorite city) next summer. Durango is where they shot a ton of old western movies. John Wayne loved it so much, he bought a ranch here. Where are you looking to move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drums said:

Now that my summer vacation is over and I am back to work I can start wishing for September to hurry up! Bring on the fall weather! Even where I am in Mexico, the temperature drops a bit and you get those fall feelings. Man, I love football season. 

 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Where in Mexico are you? I'm looking to move down as soon as this fall. 

Do you guys actually feel safe living in Mexico with all the crime and trouble always going on there. 

I actually told both my children college graduates don't dare vacation anywhere in Mexico or you are out of the will. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

 

Do you guys actually feel safe living in Mexico with all the crime and trouble always going on there. 

I actually told both my children college graduates don't dare vacation anywhere in Mexico or you are out of the will. 

Yeah, that's why.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of hoping Falk pushes Siemian.  Or at least shows a little more when he's out there.  Webb is just wasting reps at this point. I also hope the Fins release Kiko Alonzo and we pick him up after the last cut.  The guy is dumber than a box of rocks but I think would add good depth for a coach like Williams.  Plus he's played for Gase before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Man, those helmets suck!

Totally disagree. They look great during the games.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slats said:

 

The "crime and trouble," are almost always cartel related, and as someone with little interest in dealing or competing with the cartels, they tend to leave me alone. I don't stay in resorts, almost always Airbnbs or small hotels so I can get out in town with the people instead just being locked up behind some fancy walls. 

You need to get out more, Buddy. It's just like right now, you feel safe in the US but that doesn't mean you're gonna slap on a heavy 18K gold chain and walk thru a gang plagued inner city here. You have to be smart. I don't look or dress fancy, I don't flash my money around, and I'm usually home before 11pm. 

I agree but do you think the security at the resorts is going hold off the cartel if and when they decide to pilferage a resort. 

Im 56 lived a pretty wild and adventurous life as soon as the wife retires we will travel more but I can assure you it wont be to places like Mexico. 

You stay safe and enjoy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sadly, out of town replay not till 10 am tomorrow.

So I guess the JN blackout begins at kickoff for me.

If you're interested in streaming just head to www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams around game time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree but do you think the security at the resorts is going hold off the cartel if and when they decide to pilferage a resort. 

Im 56 lived a pretty wild and adventurous life as soon as the wife retires we will travel more but I can assure you it wont be to places like Mexico. 

You stay safe and enjoy. 

You're gonna miss out then. I love the country. It's always gotten bad press, and it's intensified recently, but it mostly doesn't effect tourists. There's actually a specific tourism police force in the country. They're very serious about keeping the resort areas safe because tourism is a huge part of their economy. 

Life happens when you get out of your safety zone. I'm looking to travel a lot in retirement, too. One of the reasons I want Mexico as my base of operations, because my expenses compared to NY will be less than half. And that's having a maid and going out to eat every day. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got an extra parking pass for sale? Figured I'd ask here before heading to StubHub. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slats said:

You're gonna miss out then. I love the country. It's always gotten bad press, and it's intensified recently, but it mostly doesn't effect tourists. There's actually a specific tourism police force in the country. They're very serious about keeping the resort areas safe because tourism is a huge part of their economy. 

Life happens when you get out of your safety zone. I'm looking to travel a lot in retirement, too. One of the reasons I want Mexico as my base of operations, because my expenses compared to NY will be less than half. And that's having a maid and going out to eat every day. 

You might be right but bad press and crime in the news is all i'm going on. 

I have a very good friend who lives in Costa Rica he opened his own business and is living like a king he told me I could do the same with my pension and up the road social security. 

There is a lot to be seen in the world it all comes with price, But I put security #1 on my list when deciding to where to vacation and interest in vacation property. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

 

Do you guys actually feel safe living in Mexico with all the crime and trouble always going on there. 

I actually told both my children college graduates don't dare vacation anywhere in Mexico or you are out of the will. 

Like any city, it has its dangers but nothing like the news makes it out to be. There are some places none of us foreigners would be safe in but there is no reason to go to those places anyway. Your kids would go to Tulum or Cancun, or something like that where it is no worse than Miami. Everywhere I’ve been has been great. It’s a beautiful country and could be even better if there wasn’t so much corruption.  Ive driven across the northern half of the country and as long as you do that during the day, no issues. I also just became a permanent resident last Friday 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

You're gonna miss out then. I love the country. It's always gotten bad press, and it's intensified recently, but it mostly doesn't effect tourists. There's actually a specific tourism police force in the country. They're very serious about keeping the resort areas safe because tourism is a huge part of their economy. 

Life happens when you get out of your safety zone. I'm looking to travel a lot in retirement, too. One of the reasons I want Mexico as my base of operations, because my expenses compared to NY will be less than half. And that's having a maid and going out to eat every day. 

I visited Mexico a few years ago and loved it. Every country has crime. Some more than others. You just have to know where to go and where not to go. NYC prepares you fairly well to be a tourist.

I"m planning on visiting a few more Latin American countries. Panama is on my bucket list. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree but do you think the security at the resorts is going hold off the cartel if and when they decide to pilferage a resort. 

Im 56 lived a pretty wild and adventurous life as soon as the wife retires we will travel more but I can assure you it wont be to places like Mexico. 

You stay safe and enjoy. 

You are missing out. It is such a vast country with so many different things to see, historically and culturally. Not to mention the food is some of the best in the world. 

As far as the nightmare scenario you described: there is basically no chance a cartel does that haha. They have better things to do and the government might let them get away with things but that is not one of them.  And the cartels only really go after other people involved in that stuff

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...