***Official **** Jets-Saints Pre-Season Game Thread

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Damn, good pass by Bridgewater

Honestly, should have never let him leave the building. Before Sam, Bridgewater was the only promising/capable QB we've had since Vinny T. 

It was odd that we landed him, but not odd when we gave him away. So Jetsy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

Dallas game on in Ohio (Devin Smith looks decent) and they did special on Luke Laufenburg at the half - I know this is a "Jets board" but this is inspirational and puts life in perspective... 

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/4151276-remembering-luke-laufenberg/

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2019/08/22/former-texas-am-walk-luke-laufenberg-son-ex-cowboys-qb-babe-laufenberg-dies-after-losing-battle-cancer

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, should have never let him leave the building. Before Sam, Bridgewater was the only promising/capable QB we've had since Vinny T. 

It was odd that we landed him, but not odd when we gave him away. So Jetsy. 

What is Jetsy? We gave the guy a shot and drafted a franchise quarterback then out of respect we traded him to a team with a 40 year old quarterback so he could have a shot to start. If anything we showed this guy plenty of respect. What would have been the point to keep him here trapped? This guy fought his ass off to be a player in this league again and we gave him the best possible chance and got a mid-round pick out of it? He also walked away with a half a million dollars guaranteed for hanging out with us for the preseason. I definitely would rather have Sam

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

What is Jetsy? We gave the guy a shot and drafted a franchise quarterback then out of respect we traded him to a team with a 40 year old quarterback so he could have a shot to start. If anything we showed this guy plenty of respect. What would have been the point to keep him here trapped? This guy fought his ass off to be a player in this league again and we gave him the best possible chance and got a mid-round pick out of it? He also walked away with a half a million dollars guaranteed for hanging out with us for the preseason. I definitely would rather have Sam

It would have been more practical to keep Bridgewater here until we could prove Sam was going to be a success. It's not like Bridge went somewhere to start. He went from competing with a rookie, who wasn't a proven player ... to backing up a HOFer. 

Respect. LOL

You're responding as thought I'm criticizing Bridgewater in some way. I'm just speaking on behalf of pragmatism and good bets.