***Official **** Jets-Saints Pre-Season Game Thread

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

We need to switch to a 4-3

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Been saying this forever.  It's also GW's preferred alignment.

I think he can make it work with less than ideal DE's for a 4-3.  We'll have the big boys up there but having Anderson, McClendon, QW (3-Technique) and Leo on the field at the same time isn't a bad thing.

11 hours ago, Drums said:

Now that my summer vacation is over and I am back to work I can start wishing for September to hurry up! Bring on the fall weather! Even where I am in Mexico, the temperature drops a bit and you get those fall feelings. Man, I love football season. 

I find this mild and unoriginal

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, should have never let him leave the building. Before Sam, Bridgewater was the only promising/capable QB we've had since Vinny T. 

It was odd that we landed him, but not odd when we gave him away. So Jetsy. 

Agreed. I wanted to keep him instead of trading for a 3rd rounder. You need quality backup qb's in this league and I would have rather given Bridge 8-10 million to be our backup than trade him for a 3rd rounder that we all know has a 99% certainly Macc would blow. 

I thought solidifying our qb position, down to our reserve was just more important, especially when it comes to a team that has historically dropped the ball at the position. 

The player was more important than the draft pick. 

Hopefully Edoga becomes a player and keeps our starting QB upright. We will see.

• Sympathy 1

Eh, what I see is an average football team that is getting better.  We are better than this time last year, but yea its just definitely not quite there yet.

Depth is going to be a big problem once the injury bug starts to hit (expect us to be very active in acquiring cutdown players b/c im pretty sure many of our backups are going to be gone).  Oline will be serviceable, but not great.  D will be serviceable but not great.

At the end of the day we will have an average starting caliber qb (with unlimited potential) and skill players that don't get open as much as the opposing teams skill players get open against us. 

• Sympathy 1