***Official **** Jets-Saints Pre-Season Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Like any city, it has its dangers but nothing like the news makes it out to be. There are some places none of us foreigners would be safe in but there is no reason to go to those places anyway. Your kids would go to Tulum or Cancun, or something like that where it is no worse than Miami. Everywhere I’ve been has been great. It’s a beautiful country and could be even better if there wasn’t so much corruption.  Ive driven across the northern half of the country and as long as you do that during the day, no issues. I also just because a permanent resident last Friday ?

That's awesome. Im in my mid 30's. So retirement is a long way from now. But I dream of retiring somewhere in Latin America. For now, I'll just keep saving/investing. Who knows what the world will look like 20-30 years from now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

That's awesome. Im in my mid 30's. So retirement is a long way from now. But I dream of retiring somewhere in Latin America. For now, I'll just keep saving/investing. Who knows what the world will look like 20-30 years from now. 

Yeah retiring here, you’d live like a king. I’m 33, working as an international teacher with plans to work in some other places, but I’m in love with Mexico and will probably end up back here if I do leave. I might go over to Asia or the Middle east to make real money and then come back and live nicely for a while. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I visited Mexico a few years ago and loved it. Every country has crime. Some more than others. You just have to know where to go and where not to go. NYC prepares you fairly well to be a tourist.

I"m planning on visiting a few more Latin American countries. Panama is on my bucket list. 

Panama is in my list, too. My GF’s father was born there, and as a result she has a fast-track to citizenship if she wants it. In our research, though, we really haven’t found the place we’d like to live there. Boca del Toro looks really cool, but it’s far from the airport and having to have a boat to survive would be a brand new mindset for me. The Corona area is popular with ex-pats, but I think it’s already too Americanized for me. But we’ll visit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Panama is in my list, too. My GF’s father was born there, and as a result she has a fast-track to citizenship if she wants it. In our research, though, we really haven’t found the place we’d like to live there. Boca del Toro looks really cool, but it’s far from the airport and having to have a boat to survive would be a brand new mindset for me. The Corona area is popular with ex-pats, but I think it’s already too Americanized for me. But we’ll visit. 
I know this is a game thread but since you fellas are talking about possible retirement places, keep Bolivia and Laos on your list.

The cost of living on these places make it a top destination for expats. I travel quite a bit now before I retire to get a feel for some of these places. The wife and I wanted to see what we should expect before we decide to walk away from work and living here in the U.S.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Yeah retiring here, you’d live like a king. I’m 33, working as an international teacher with plans to work in some other places, but I’m in love with Mexico and will probably end up back here if I do leave. I might go over to Asia or the Middle east to make real money and then come back and live nicely for a while. 

Enjoy when the drug cartels take over your town and rape and pilage everything .

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree but do you think the security at the resorts is going hold off the cartel if and when they decide to pilferage a resort. 

Im 56 lived a pretty wild and adventurous life as soon as the wife retires we will travel more but I can assure you it wont be to places like Mexico. 

You stay safe and enjoy. 

Now way you're only 56 years old.

• Upvote 1

My brother and his bride spent an incredible 2 weeks on their Honeymoon in 1985 in the ultimate Mexico destination at the time, Acapulco. 

Pretty sure as a US citizen you can’t travel there now. 

I could be wrong but it is so weird to me that a place like freaking Acapulco isn’t a preferable travel destination. 

It’d be like 20 years from now people would say “oh you can’t go to the Keys, too dangerous”. 

If it comes down to Josh Bellamy, Dortch, and Burnett -- which one would you eliminate?

I haven't seen much from Bellamy but everyone seems to be in a hurry to lock him in while only debating Dortch vs. Burnett, so I am curious to see what everyone here thinks.  I am going to try to keep an eye out for Bellamy tonight. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Drums said:

If it comes down to Josh Bellamy, Dortch, and Burnett -- which one would you eliminate?

I haven't seen much from Bellamy but everyone seems to be in a hurry to lock him in while only debating Dortch vs. Burnett, so I am curious to see what everyone here thinks.  I am going to try to keep an eye out for Bellamy tonight. 

out w/ Bellamy

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

newyorkjets.com is streaming it

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You sure? I didn’t see nothing. 

Can only stream the game if in market.  From NYJets.com:

Watch On NYJets.com or On the Jets Official App
New York Jets fans in the team’s local TV market are able to watch the Green and White’s preseason games against Atlanta (8/15), New Orleans (8/24) and Philadelphia (8/29) via live stream on the Jets Official App presented by M&T Bank or newyorkjets.com.

Pregame Central presented by Pepsi will stream live from MetLife Stadium at 5:30 p.m. on nyjets.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Jets fans in the United States can also watch every 2019 Preseason Game Live on NFL Game Pass.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can only stream the game if in market.  From NYJets.com:

Watch On NYJets.com or On the Jets Official App
New York Jets fans in the team’s local TV market are able to watch the Green and White’s preseason games against Atlanta (8/15), New Orleans (8/24) and Philadelphia (8/29) via live stream on the Jets Official App presented by M&T Bank or newyorkjets.com.

Pregame Central presented by Pepsi will stream live from MetLife Stadium at 5:30 p.m. on nyjets.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Jets fans in the United States can also watch every 2019 Preseason Game Live on NFL Game Pass.

I saw. Thanks anyways 

44 minutes ago, Drums said:

Keep the best WR and make special teams from that. KOR almost doesn’t exist anymore and PR I’m fine with just catching the damn ball , it’s essentially a turnover,?the other team is giving up the ball

Thompson had been kinda invisible but he could make a push 

56 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

out w/ Bellamy

55 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This. 

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Keep the best WR and make special teams from that. KOR almost doesn’t exist anymore and PR I’m fine with just catching the damn ball , it’s essentially a turnover,?the other team is giving up the ball

Thompson had been kinda invisible but he could make a push 

Yeah I didn't count Thompson because I believe he comes after the three that I mentioned.  I have been listening to some podcasts about the Jets, discussing some cuts, and people seem to believe Bellamy is a lock, and maybe he is, but I haven't seen anything to say he has made more plays than Burnett (including last year) and Dortch. I like Dortch a lot but I also like Burnett. I'd like to see something from Bellamy tonight.