College Football Gameday Thread

Lith

9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yes.  I just bought a home with them in Columbia, TN, so I don’t want to be poisoned in my sleep. ?

OK.  I will allow it.  The rooting for Vandy part; not the poisining.  That would be a bit extreme.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How the hell are Martell and Fields eligible to play this year? 

Makes no sense. 

Fields/Martell transfer for playing time.  Waiver approved.

Luke Ford transfers from Georgia to Illinois to be closer to sick grandfather.  Denied.

Brock Hoffman transfers to VA Tech to be close to mom after her brain surgery. Denied.

NCAA transer rulings seem to follow no logic.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

giphy.gif

This is a no lose game for me tonight.  You get beat, and I am always good with that; but if you win, it means you will be ranked that much higher when we kick your asses in November.  A true win-win for a Dawgs fan.

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Been waiting for almost 8 months to start one of these threads, but the college football season kicks off today with a limited schedule.

Villanova - Colgate at Noon on CBSSN.  Anyone know anything about these teams.  Anyone worth watching?

ESPN has Youngstown State and Samford at 3PM.

Then the D-1 opener.  Florida and Miami at 7PM.  Opposite the Jets-Saints.  Will be a two TV night tonight; have not had one of those in a while.  May even need a 3rd for the Mets.

And finally, Hawaii-Arizona at 10:30 tonight.

As for my plans for the day, I am taking the wife to the movies this afternoon, because once that UM-UF game kicks off, she loses me on Saturdays until January.

NCAA the "non-profit" organization makes damn near 9 billion annually. 24 schools make over 100 million per year just from their athletics department. 

Pay these players. 

With that said, Football season is here! 

17 hours ago, Lith said:

This is a no lose game for me tonight.  You get beat, and I am always good with that; but if you win, it means you will be ranked that much higher when we kick your asses in November.  A true win-win for a Dawgs fan.

What an absurd last minutes yesterday was.... that pick Franks threw... i mean, smh... what the hell. 

Not a great way to start the season, though i'll throw some love at The QB Williams and their back Dallas.  I'll take the W, but if they don't fix some of their tackling issues and decision making at QB, they won't make it ranked through October. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The miami qb is just geno like in his awful pocket presence..

I though for a RS freshman with a terrible o-line he looked fine. Tale of two halves when the gators pass rush turned up the heat -- the wheels came off from a composure standpoint. 

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I though for a RS freshman with a terrible o-line he looked fine. Tale of two halves when the gators pass rush turned up the heat -- the wheels came off from a composure standpoint. 

The pass rush was there but after about the 4th pressure he was feeling a rush well before it got there for the rest of the game.  He could have run for big yards a half dozen times to soften the rush.  He could have gotten rid of the ball earlier on some plays.  He simply was haceknburg like shot the last drive.