What’s the main thing you can take away from this dress rehearsal?

What’s your #1 thing. 

I think the obviously obvious is our coverage and OL depth but I think Sam needed a few licks even though it’s dangerous. I came away with a good feeling after Sam’s drives. They couldn’t push the ball at first and then they could. It’s going to happen sometimes. Sam did a nice job of getting them down the field. I think momentum worked against us early in that 1st Q but we stuck with it and came away with 7. Chris Herndon being gone for 4 games is really going to hurt. Sam needs as many targets as possible tbh. Teams are going to double down on our passing attack very quickly. It’s up to Darnold to be so good that it doesn’t even matter how they attack us.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The other backs did close to NOTHING. That’s something to mention in this thread as well. We’ll need a guy who can change up the pace effectively. Ty is good but can he be consistent in his role? 

I like Ty but worry about his fumbling issues 

Bell is an awesome player 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What’s your #1 thing. 

I think the obviously obvious is our coverage and OL depth but I think Sam needed a few licks even though it’s dangerous. I came away with a good feeling after Sam’s drives. They couldn’t push the ball at first and then they could. It’s going to happen sometimes. Sam did a nice job of getting them down the field. I think momentum worked against us early in that 1st Q but we stuck with it and came away with 7. Chris Herndon being gone for 4 games is really going to hurt. Sam needs as many targets as possible tbh. Teams are going to double down on our passing attack very quickly. It’s up to Darnold to be so good that it doesn’t even matter how they attack us.

Agreed.  Obviously we got the injury bug on the oline but Sam still was impressive.  Obviously Bell didn’t play.  Corners are a big concern obviously.  But once we get healthy I feel good about this year

• Upvote 1

The main thing I took from the 1st half was Gase needs to call some long passes to Robbie Anderson early - and I mean 1st series to open up the field. Target Robbie early and often and it will pay dividends all game! Gase you had better come up with some good game plans on offense.

• Upvote 1

The secondary will lose us multiple games if it's not addressed in a major way in the next 2 weeks. ******* Macc! The gift that keeps on ******* us in the ass.

Also, any injury to the starting 5 offensive lineman will kill Darnold. Thanks again Macc and all those fans who said the line doesn't matter. And there were a bunch of you.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets offensive players will be fantasy relevant, their games will be high scoring.

Was just going to say this.  Take Sam Darnold as your backup QB...you may end up starting him half the season.

Get Bell with Montgomery as a handcuff.

Robby could be a good #3 WR on a fantasy team.

Herndon may not even get drafted, but it you take 2 TEs, make Herndon the second one and maybe wait late for your first TE (someone like Kyle Rudolph, Greg Olsen, etc. who are going later than 12th TE) and then plan to dump your first guy after Week 5 when Herndon comes back.

• Upvote 1