What’s the main thing you can take away from this dress rehearsal?

That JD is going to make a bold move! I don't know who but it's going to be a trade for a LT, CB or Pass Rusher. All 3 of those holes were exposed again tonight. But any of those 3 can improve this team. LT gets Sam more time, CB gets us off the field on 3rd down, Pass Rusher helps our CBs.

• Upvote 2

My main takeaway is that Osemele and Winters better be good to go, because the backups just aren't that good.  Sam is gonna get badly injured if he takes the beating he took tonight on a regular basis.  Also, Joe Douglas better pull a rabbit out of his hat in the next 2 weeks at the cornerback position, because right now Poole is the only guy who deserves to be playing major reps.  Trumaine better be back by week 2 latest.  Forget Clowney, how about Jalen Ramsey?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

It occurs to me that with our current LB situation that Lee might have gotten meaningful reps this season.  What did we get for him again, a conditional 6th?

This is a fair point.  I thought after we signed CJ Mosely we might take a look at Darron Lee on the outside a bit, rotationally at OLB.

There isn't anything you can take from preseason game.   ( everything just so Vanilla on both sides of the ball now). Still even without playing any games , everyone knows the Jets have some major weaknesses .    Can they solve some of those weakness, by the time the real season starts? 

If they can't-.only playoff they will be experiencing is if they purchase playoff tickets to go watch them.   

30 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

There isn't anything you can take from preseason game.   ( everything just so Vanilla on both sides of the ball now). Still even without playing any games , everyone knows the Jets have some major weaknesses .    Can they solve some of those weakness, by the time the real season starts? 

If they can't-.only playoff they will be experiencing is if they purchase playoff tickets to go watch them.   

not funny transformers GIF

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What’s your #1 thing. 

I think the obviously obvious is our coverage and OL depth but I think Sam needed a few licks even though it’s dangerous. I came away with a good feeling after Sam’s drives. They couldn’t push the ball at first and then they could. It’s going to happen sometimes. Sam did a nice job of getting them down the field. I think momentum worked against us early in that 1st Q but we stuck with it and came away with 7. Chris Herndon being gone for 4 games is really going to hurt. Sam needs as many targets as possible tbh. Teams are going to double down on our passing attack very quickly. It’s up to Darnold to be so good that it doesn’t even matter how they attack us.

Quincy does not seem to separate.  A lot of plays have not come out of the bag yet.  I wanted Kalil to take some snaps in a game against guys not in your own locker room. It would have helped Sam.  They seem to be hiding Crowder til the seson starts.  And Robby is a more instinctive receiver than I thought. Makes a lot of tough catches.  On defense, Q draws his third holding penalty in 3 games.  Leonard looked lively.  Secondary sucked.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

What’s your #1 thing. 

I think the obviously obvious is our coverage and OL depth but I think Sam needed a few licks even though it’s dangerous. I came away with a good feeling after Sam’s drives. They couldn’t push the ball at first and then they could. It’s going to happen sometimes. Sam did a nice job of getting them down the field. I think momentum worked against us early in that 1st Q but we stuck with it and came away with 7. Chris Herndon being gone for 4 games is really going to hurt. Sam needs as many targets as possible tbh. Teams are going to double down on our passing attack very quickly. It’s up to Darnold to be so good that it doesn’t even matter how they attack us.

I think Montgomery will be especially important first 4 games. Fumblers worry me though. Our OL sucked at PP last night.  Sam's mobility mitigates that some but he was trapped in the pocket a few times.  Teams are going to game plan for that.  Robby is very good at turning iffy long passes into completions, though, so that will help.  We really could use a top flight wideout.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I only saw the highlight but:

- Cannon looked much improved as a rb

- We got ourselves a kicker as Bertolet was money

Cannon and McGuire played with an urgency I've never seen from either of them. Think they realize time is running out to make an impression.

• Upvote 1

After a good night of sleep here are my thoughts on last night.

1- Obviously our lack of depth puts Sams health in jeopardy. We can not survive injuries to this Oline. 

2- Had to remind myself that the Saints probably win the Super Bowl last year sans that missed call that has changed the landscape of the NFL replay rules forever. Who would have ever thought you could challenge PI?

3- Drew Brees is f*cking GOOD! Macc f*cked up not trading the rest of his draft to move up & draft Kamara, Micheal Thomas is worth every penny they just paid him, and THIS is what a team looks like with great drafting.

4- I have to remind myself this is preseason. No game specific plans, Crowder has run the same route (Gase shelved him quickly, he's going to be a huge part of the offense), and 1 of the best RBs to ever play the game has been watching from the sidelines. 

5- The CB couldn't have done a better job hanging with Thomas on that TD, thing of beauty by Brees & Thomas. Those 2 have been locked in! 87% completion rate last year when targeted. That's just SICK! 

6- With Luck retiring it just might open a playoff spot for our Jets. I know, I know, queue Jim Mora, PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

7- We found our top 10 QB. JD has to finish the rest & he's got his work cut out because of 10 years of ineptitude. In JD I trust. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

3rd best?  Who's 1 and 2? 

Mahomes
Brady
Darnold

I don't view Rivers and Roethlisberger as viable options as they are practically retired.  If you had to choose from 3 AFC quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years, those are them.

SAR I

it's amazing that the Jets don't have a healthy serviceable CB on the entire roster.   I'm not talking about pro bowl CB's, just able to play at an average NFL level.   neither of last night's starting CBs could make another NFL roster and they are starters for the NYJ.    to draft that poorly for that long is criminal.  

• Upvote 2

The new uniforms are growing on me. Our second-year quarterback really proved to be a man and if you haven't seen his postgame press conference from last night look it up. The laid-back California Kid is a bunch of BS. This dude means business and he's not effing around. Our first year coaching staff is still working The Kinks out understandably. I really think that there was a lot of scripted stuff going on last night between the two teams just to put out feelers. I'm not worried at all and I'm actually happier than ever and anticipating us doing damage! I hope the rest of the league is sleeping on the Jets it's going to be a really good f****** season. Count on it.

• Upvote 4

Why is everyone repeating this tired old line about “chris herndon not being there hurts” ?

news flash: chris herndon sucks. Ok, maybe its too early to tell so lets say at this point, at beast, hes a jag that hasnt done anything.

some of you guys talk about him like hes a hof player and his presence is sorely missed.

even if he was playing, the results would be about the same. Enough Herndon talk!

• Thumb Down 2

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Brady
Darnold

I don't view Rivers and Roethlisberger as viable options as they are practically retired.  If you had to choose from 3 AFC quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years, those are them.

SAR I

Rivers is still amazing.  Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson could be strong competition and Derek Carr is a question mark...  He did have an MVP caliber season.

I feel like Roethlisberger and Brady are strong contenders to suffer some slippage this season.

Only thing I took away that McGuire looks like the odd man out .. 

Oh and Campbell got Moss’d by Thomas lol

other than that I take nothing away from preseason.. things are so different once the real season starts compared to preseason . That Most of the hot takes made on this board won’t age well.