Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The AFC is loaded with great young QBs.  Life was going to be tough for Darnold and the Jets just getting out of the AFC in the next 5 years with Watson, Luck, Mahomes, Mayfield, etc.  Sad to see Luck go out this way....super talented.

Sam Darnold ends his career 1-0 vs. Andrew Luck.

Waaaa poor guy and his millions

Theres' not a godam thing wrong with him. This is all a joke with the/his  perfect  last name.  Odds are, they'l bring him back in a year.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

That's just odd....unless the whole team knew it already.....or this is fake news somehow.  But Schefter is usually aces on big stories like this.  Retirement or maybe IR, a redshirt year??  Just seems strange that he'd be joking with the guys whose hopeful season he may have just torpedoed. 

Yeah unless there's a serious injury I'd bet any money he plays again.

It's still bizarre though - The only QB I've ever seen billed as can't miss. Was supposed to be the next Manning/Brady but the Colts ruined whatever hope there was of that. His career has been disappointing even if it hasn't really all been on him.

Next Pats QB wasn't a bad shout. Would not surprise me in the slightest.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Apparently it got ugly in the stadium as the news broke

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Colts fans are actually booing him.

That is absolutely unbelievable.

Honestly, the closest thing I can think of to a train wreck like this is when BB resigned as the HC of the NYJ at his welcome press conference.

Colts fans booing Luck off the field in a preseason game where news broke of his surprise retirement.

Speechless.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not Eddie Money.  Awful news.  Who cares about luck.  Eddie Money is a legdnd.  “Shakin” is one of the all time best songs. 

Let's not go crazy, Eddie Money, Legend? Lol. Dude used repeat drum machine & had 2 tickets to Paradise. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone being surprised is more surprising than the actual retirement.  Guy's Pennington x100.  Fragile as a Faberge and clearly was never gonna to be what folks hoped he would.  He has tens of millions, never has to work, can do anything he wants.  Why suffer when he could live a life of utter luxury?  This was completely predictable given his career to-date.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah unless there's a serious injury I'd bet any money he plays again.

It's still bizarre though - The only QB I've ever seen billed as can't miss. Was supposed to be the next Manning/Brady but the Colts ruined whatever hope there was of that. His career has been disappointing even if it hasn't really all been on him.

Next Pats QB wasn't a bad shout. Would not surprise me in the slightest.

Luck - Pats- Irish. That would be horrifically, disgustingly  funny. And not one single dumb ass fan would  question it. Just a coincidence  man, just a coincidence 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Everyone being surprised is more surprising than the actual retirement.  Guy's Pennington x100.  Fragile as a Faberge and clearly was never gonna to be what folks hoped he would.  He has tens of millions, never has to work, can do anything he wants.  Why suffer when he could live a life of utter luxury?  This was completely predictable given his career to-date.

Folks wouldn't have been nearly as surprised if this announcement had come out 6 months ago.  A week and a half before kickoff is hardly when you ever expect to hear things like this.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1