NYallDay

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude your a rapper 

Lying on the floor between the urinal and crapper 

Face in the muck

Mind blown as ****

Body like a string bean 

Wishing you were still a teen 

yea your a rapper now get your mind out of the crapper. 

:funny_post:

This is pure gold. Without a doubt one of my favorite posts of the year. I can't stop laughing!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Wesley Walker is painful proof Andrew Luck made the right decision

August 26, 2019 | 7:54pm | Updated 

Wesley Walker cried when he watched Andrew Luck talk about giving up the game he loved so much — the game they all love so much until the game stops loving their bodies and minds later in life, sometimes with a vengeance.

“I was crying myself, because I know what that feels like when you can’t play at your level that you once were, and not enjoying yourself,” the former Jets receiver told The Post.

“Heaven forbid if he kept going and he’s gonna feel a lot worse down the road, maybe he’s circumventing that right now.

“Knowing what I know, the way I feel, I don’t want to feel like this, but it’s too late.

“Most players would tell you they’ll do it over again. I’m not one of them.”

Walker used to fly past defensive backs like few could and today he is hunched over with no feeling in his feet, unable to jog or run or sleep without Vicodin and/or Ambien. His is one of the many cautionary tales of the NFL player who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay heed to the consequences down the road, the way Luck did when he walked away from football in a manner that Walker no longer can.

“I just don’t know what’s happened to my body. I’m a shell of myself,” Walker said.

It all began with a training camp blow from cornerback Jerry Holmes in 1986 that left Walker with a serious neck injury.

“They said I would probably have to retire if it ever happened again,” Walker said. “I went like paralyzed, where I couldn’t even move, and I had this residual tingling in my hands on my arms, knees, legs. It was just weird, I never felt anything like that.”

Walker eventually signed an injury waiver to continue playing.

“I had a [neck] fusion of C4 through 7, a cage and a plate put in there, 14 screws there,” Walker said.

Enlarge Image  

Sleeping was a major problem.

“I would only get three hours sleep with an Ambien,” Walker said.

Three years later, Walker was the one who delivered the hit.

“And I had the same thing happen, I’m walking off the field in slow motion, everybody’s high-fiving me on this block,” Walker said. “Meanwhile, I couldn’t even feel myself and it’s like I’m in a dream, and like this is weird.”

He was placed on injured reserve. Browns head coach Bud Carson called Walker expressing interest in him playing.

“I wasn’t sure if I wanted to retire,” he said, “and that’s how STUPID I am.”

Except the game was an addiction for him.

“I don’t think I even looked at the fact that I was really messing my body up, I just tried to get back on the field and do what I do,” Walker said.

He had back fusion surgery in 2014.

“With two big rods and 10 screws put in there,” Walker said.

He has had right shoulder reconstruction and rotator cuff surgery on his other shoulder. He tore his Achilles after simply jumping up in the air. His knees ache every day and has difficulty negotiating the stairs up and down in his Dix Hills home. He can’t feel the temperature on his right hand.

“My body physically just hurts every day,” Walker said.

“I’m a shell of myself.”

Walker, 64, is asked if he regrets not retiring after suffering his neck injury.

“I regret the way I feel right now because it’s not just the Jerry Holmes hit,” Walker said. “It’s probably that you don’t know when you should retire. That’s the regret.

“I didn’t know what was going to happen. … I have a regret not knowing that, but I don’t know how anybody can know that.”

Virtually all of them will acknowledge that they knew the risks and signed up anyway.

Former Giants great Justin Tuck considered retirement on several occasions.

“I thought about retiring every year from Year 6 until the day I did retire,” Tuck, who spent 11 seasons in the NFL, told The Post.

There is more to an NFL career than fame and fortune. Tuck, an All-Pro family man and businessman, understands why Luck retired.

“He’s just doing what’s best for his life,” he said.

Tuck, 36, does not regret not retiring earlier only because he felt he had more to give. But massage and acupuncture every week is mandatory.

“I can’t throw the football as far as I’d like to throw,” Tuck said.

Enlarge Image Andrew LuckAP

Giants Hall of Famer Harry Carson, 65, endured 15 concussions during his 13-year career and post-concussion syndrome that led him to pondering suicide in 1990.

“I didn’t know I had that until I was out of it for two years,” Carson told The Post.

Regrets not retiring earlier?

“If I had known what I was putting myself through at that time, if I had full knowledge of it, yeah, I probably would have left earlier,” Carson said, “but I didn’t know. None of us knew.”

Everyone is concerned now about the horrors of CTE and Carson would discourage his grandson from playing football. He understands fully Luck not wanting to push his luck.

“I was shocked when I heard that [Luck] was retiring, but then I could totally understand where he was coming from, and I empathize with him because he doesn’t want to leave football, he loves football. … But you can’t keep pushing yourself when you’re hurt, you’re in a lot of pain. You’re either dealing with the pain now or dealing with the pain later, either way you’re gonna have a whole bunch of pain that you’re gonna be sort of dealing with,” Carson said.

image.gif

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt any woman in her right mind gets naked with @T0mShane without force.

Joe, Joe, Joe You had a mic drop moment in this thread, buddy. You have to learn when to leave the stage....

34 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, that took a dark turn.

He was in rarefied air for a  brief moment in this thread. He's just got to learn to adjust to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude your a rapper 

Lying on the floor between the urinal and crapper 

Face in the muck

Mind blown as ****

Body like a string bean 

Wishing you were still a teen 

yea your a rapper now get your mind out of the crapper. 

It's "you're"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ok, so please enlighten the rest of us the exact point you would be OK with Darnold quitting on the team a week before the season. How many hits/injuries? 

What if Leveon quit tomorrow? He's taken more hits than Luck. Every RB gets crushed on a good chunk of their carries every game. Many have missed time with injuries, played through injuries. Luck isn't some unique situation. He just wants to travel the world with the help of the tens of millions of dollars he's earned. He has that right and fans have a right to boo. 

You’re ridiculous, go talk to yourself, or go back and join the crazed rabble that think these players are honored to play on your terms, or till they become incapacitated. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Guys - How do we know Andrew Luck isn't actually a hologram?

He retired on 8/24.

The team is letting him keep 24.8 million.  That's an obvious  sign it's  fake.  He retired vs Chicago.  His first game was a loss vs Chicago. All this is planned well in advance. 

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You’re ridiculous, go talk to yourself, or go back and join the crazed rabble that think these players are honored to play on your terms, or till they become incapacitated. 

What if he retired the night before the super bowl? Based on your logic that would be fine. 

You should think through your positions before posting. 

I hope he just retired so he can go to Colombia and get some stem cell & HGH treatments for what ails him, w/o triggering PED suspension.

As it is, he could have done the scumbag move and hung around on the injured list to collect money.  Look at how many years David Wright was broke down and done, but he kept collecting checks.

13 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

cliche jokes while continuing  to assume something you can't prove. 

He's  fine. This is somehow connected to his dad and the XFL. The story is leading to two possible things. He ends up playing on the Houston XFL team. Or that  team wins the XFL championship, with or without him. 

The Sunday night  game, Collinsworth and Michaels, even hinted..you never know, he could be fine in a couple months or a year. It's all dramatic bu_____t. As dumb as Brown's  helmet story.

One more time.  You're making the accusations, you're calling Luck a liar.  

You prove it or really if you can't, just admit you're talking out of your ass and shut up already.  You're boring and tiring with this rant. 

14 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

cliche jokes while continuing  to assume something you can't prove. 

He's  fine. This is somehow connected to his dad and the XFL. The story is leading to two possible things. He ends up playing on the Houston XFL team. Or that  team wins the XFL championship, with or without him. 

The Sunday night  game, Collinsworth and Michaels, even hinted..you never know, he could be fine in a couple months or a year. It's all dramatic bu_____t. As dumb as Brown's  helmet story.

I doubt Luck is passing up a couple hundred million more in career earnings to make less than $100k playing in the XFL.  All the teams are owned by the league, too, so it isn't like he is going to buy a franchise.  

7 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

He retired on 8/24.

The team is letting him keep 24.8 million.  That's an obvious  sign it's  fake.  He retired vs Chicago.  His first game was a loss vs Chicago. All this is planned well in advance. 

This is psychosis.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What if he retired the night before the super bowl? Based on your logic that would be fine. 

You should think through your positions before posting. 

You and your stupid hypotheticals.  Every situation is different, the reasons behind Andrews announcement are for him - and only him, to determine.  They are valid, regardless of timing.  

Go take your bullsh*t argument to twitter and see what your response is from men who actually played the game.  That worthless POS who was kicked out of Notre Dame for stealing his teammates credit cards may be the only one to agree with you.  

Haven’t you ever spoken directly to any former college/NFL players?  What they have to say about the pain they live with every day?  

I’ve fried enough brain cells reading and responding to your stupidity.  

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol no, it's a  Fact. There's  no way in hell those two things could line up naturally.  Youre in complete denial. What I have shown you qualifies as proof. Your cognitive dissonance won't' allow you to see it.

You’re s strange bird.  Posting from the asylum?  

Just now, Hackenberg said:

But you're in So. Cal ,no?

I’m in the process of buying a home in Columbia, Tennessee.  I’ll be going back and forth to So Cal though.  

It’s gorgeous here, cost of living is so inexpensive compared to anywhere in California; from gas, food, and housing particularly.  I’m a small town girl, so the people here are wonderful.  

I just can’t/won’t discuss politics.  Lol,

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Will say Lucks snowboarding injury got completely swept under the rug. Surprised the Colts are letting him walk with the 25 million. 

Because he can file a grievance with the NFLPA to keep the money they already gave and he would probably win