Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

Pennington was for sure a franchise caliber qb before the shoulder injury.  He was the closest thing anyones seen to joe montana.

Oh my god come on, Pennington was the epitome of pussy ball. I’m dumbfounded how people try to rewrite his history. He had a pop gun for an arm before his injury, and he had zero command over a defense. He never could impose his will over a defense, he just simply took whatever the D was willing to give. He was the ultimate check down Charlie, and when he faced Agressive defenses he completely crumbled. Nice guy, extremely mediocre QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Which is why you can be lied to and never find it out. Just another lazy brained, tv watching  American. Play the odds, instead of knowing the truth. 

Exactly = you can't  prove I'm not a penguin. You can't prove Luck is really  injured either. Youre getting warm, Grasshopper 

And that, I personally can’t prove it, does not equal he’s healthy.  That’s where the thought disorder comes in.  Take the pill, seriously.

• Upvote 2

Andrew and Nicole were married earlier this offseason and are ready to start their post-NFL life together. The couple revealed they plan on staying in Indianapolis. Andrew Luck and his wifeplan on staying in Indianapolis.

yoko!!!

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What drivel.  You actually believe that a player needs to put his future health at risk because of fans and by retiring to save his health he lacks accountable?  That he doesnt give a shlt?  

Hes had 4 years of rehab and injury.

His ankle has been rehabbing for months and not respond.  Hes still in pain.  No one has said he would be ready for week one, pure nonsense given the Colts announce a week ago week 1 is in jeopardy and gave no timetable.  

More importantly, who the F are you to basically call him a selfish player for retiring when he feels he needs to?  

Yep... and you've got all this proof he had an ankle problem, right?......

If the sport were real. If people were allowed free will, to act as they wanted. A guy making 5 or 10 million his first year, wouldn't  bother coming back his second year. Theres no need. 5 or 10 million, life is set. These guys obviously  aren't even  making that much then. Maybe a couple million, maybe a few million for the stars.

They dont.leave though. Obviously  there's  something in the contract that says - leave and you get nothing. Or worse....these players have no actual freedom or power. Just well paid slaves. We are all just lesser paid slaves.

8 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

PLEASE  PENNINGTON should never be mentioned in this thread.

Outside of the AFC EAST FANBASE I am sure very few have even heard of Pennington

I am a fan of his also but he has no right to be mentioned.

Yes, a qb whos won multiple playoff games and finished 2nd in mvp voting one year.  Yup, nobody knows this guy.

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And that, I personally can’t prove it, does not equal he’s healthy.  That’s where the thought disorder comes in.  Take the pill, seriously.

It equals = you have  no clue,yet assume based on belief and faith. Not proof /truth/reality,  by your own definition. I'm  the one looking for proof. Youre the one assuming something  you can't prove. Another example  of how dumbed down the American  education  system is.

Just -you're crazy- remarks,  as a last defense.

8 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Yep... and you've got all this proof he had an ankle problem, right?......

If the sport were real. If people were allowed free will, to act as they wanted. A guy making 5 or 10 million his first year, wouldn't  bother coming back his second year. Theres no need. 5 or 10 million, life is set. These guys obviously  aren't even  making that much then. Maybe a couple million, maybe a few million for the stars.

They dont.leave though. Obviously  there's  something in the contract that says - leave and you get nothing. Or worse....these players have no actual freedom or power. Just well paid slaves. We are all just lesser paid slaves.

LOL, what??

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

It equals = you have  no clue,yet assume based on belief and faith. Not proof /truth/reality,  by your own definition. I'm  the one looking for proof. Youre the one assuming something  you can't prove. Another example  of how dumbed down the American  education  system is.

Just -you're crazy- remarks,  as a last defense.

Everyone’s dumb but me is the quickest way to identify the moron in the room, and “you’re crazy” isn’t a last resort, it’s something I actually can prove.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's just nuts. Now im not blaming Luck for this, as I think he should do what's best for him physically. But this the incompetence @MCGAHEE2121 mentioned earlier when it comes to Colts ownership. It's like they f'up everything they touch. 

How do you know that your Franchise QB is wrapping it up and you dont make an announcement, but instead you allow your fans in the middle of watching a preseason game find out via the internet...while at the game? 

I've never been a season ticket holder. Matter of fact, I've been to less than 10 live Jets games in my life. But imagine you're a season ticket holder that shelled out thousands of dollars for those tickets...and that's how you find out. 

This is why I have no problem with what Andrew Luck did. The Colts ownership are simple minded beings who really dont "get it". 

You dont let that info leak, you dont confirm anything with Luck until the game is over and you're able to properly communicate the news to the fanbase within the week. 

You never let that leak and watch as your fanbase is learning about it during the middle of a preseason game with the now retired Franchise QB on the sideline to receive such a reaction. They've literally destroyed Luck's career. 

It's rare that one can ever defend or support Colts ownership. They never do things professionally or competently. 

He actually told around 5 people involved directly with his decision at the colts.  Ownership, a couple of coaches and Brissett.  Not to mention friends and family he spoke of talking it over with at his news conference.  all it takes is one person to spill the beans.  I have heard Irsay is a moron but he would be a douche of James Dolan level to leak that during the game while Luck was on the sidelines.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I could agree with Pennington. Martin is not overrated dude was great.

Just my opinion. He was not a dynamic player. His value was that he was the same player on rush 300 in a season as he was for Rush 1. But I still think he really was not dynamic enough to move the needle. He's in the HOF, so I realize my opinion is not universally shared.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

This is whats wrong with society, this generation .... 

Ppl dont have principles and think its ok to **** everyone and everything just because its hard or things arent quite how u imagined. Talk to any employer or somone dealing with ppl lucks age. I wonder why divorce is so common now.

Nobody is ever accountable
Nobody gives a sh*t.

If luck was a true man he wouldve been self aware enough to kno he didnt give the colts time to adjust back in Feb. Possibly draft a qb or get foles who is perfect with reich. Now ballard is left holding the bag. I wonder if his job security is in lucks mind ???

He should be a man and at the least play this season then retire. 

Again at a certain point u cant turn back. Unless youre a pos and care nothing for other ppls jobs money or team success

Again this isnt McDonald's
Ppl who are responsible adults kno theres a time and place for decisions

Clown show

As far as I'm concerned, Luck lived up to his contract.  It was always known that if he retired early, he wouldn't get the remainder of his contract.  He didn't screw the Colts out of anything.  As for Colt fans, I do feel bad for the STH's who purchased tickets because they thought the Colts were going to be a contender with Luck.  But again, they knew that football players can get injured or retire early.  If anything, the Colt organization can offer STH's a refund on their money if they want to back out of their contract now that Luck is gone.  That would be a nice thing for management to do (though I highly doubt they'll do it).  In any case, management can right that wrong if they want to, which will completely absolve Luck of any responsibility to the paying customers.

• Upvote 2

I think it would cool if the two dominant conversations of the last 2 pages merged with Hack as pro Pennington conspiracy theorist 

Maybe Kraft / NFL conspiracy to deprieve the Jets of this generations Montana ? Or when they operated on Pennington they transplanted his shoulder into Brady. I dunno

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Just my opinion. He was not a dynamic player. His value was that he was the same player on rush 300 in a season as he was for Rush 1. But I still think he really was not dynamic enough to move the needle. He's in the HOF, so I realize my opinion is not universally shared.

I mean dude played a full season on 2 blown out ankles. He was a warrior. I agree he wasn't the most dynamic rb but he wss great.

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

"Everyone’s dumb but me is the quickest way to identify the moron in the room, and “you’re crazy” isn’t a last resort, it’s something I actually can prove.

Another, anti logic, pseudo logic, remark,  you're   repeating because  you heard it somewhere . It cries - only group think is allowed.  Thinking for yourself is against the law. No, you can't' prove  anything is crazy. All you can prove is we disagree on the origin of something. Until you can prove his injuries are real, you have no  ground to stand on.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And gronk was 10 times better at his position then luck was at his.

Its not just timing.  People are still hung up over the hype from when luck came out that he never lived up to.

If his name was Alan Buck and he was drafted in the 2nd round, he could of had the same career as Luck and no one would care hes retiring.

So here's my opinion on this. I'm a guy who always takes the player's side. If a team decides to cut someone a week before the season, or mid way through it, they do it. It's the business. So if a player feels he's had enough, and retires, I don't care when it happens, that's his decision. I have no problem with Luck retiring yesterday.

That said, at first I wanted to argue the points you made in this thread, but you know what? I can't. Everything you've said about his career is true.

Now that I think about it, for whatever reason, I never feared playing Luck or the Colts. I never thought of him being on par with Brady, Rothlisberger, and some other guys. He was overrated, and he was injury prone. You're right.

Both can be true. He was right to retire, and he never lived up to his billing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet incompetence breeds contempt. 

There's no reason for Luck to make an unethical decision against himself for an incompetent organization. 

He's done. Sh*t happens. 

Good. Now go tell ballard /reich, the season ticket holders, ebron, and other teammates to collectively f off. Because thats what luck did by being this childish about timing here...

Its the equivalent of going on a crab boat in alaska and then quitting once youre out to sea. Actially luck is worse. Hes not risking his life like those fisherman

He looks like an out of touch millennial who is a privileged douche bag

Feel bad for colts fans

• Thumb Down 4

13 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Stupid once again. Pennington didn't take us to the playoffs? The answer is yes he did. And yes he was a franchise QB. Your point is just stupid.

Pennington was a FQB???  I must have been watching another channel when the games were on.  He was able to beat crappy teams with his non-stop 2 yard passes.  I don't believe he could've ever beaten a good defense in a big game.  

To me, the quintessential Pennington game was the playoff game in 2008 against the Ravens.  Chad led Miami to 11 wins that year but got absolutely crushed when he faced that tough Ravens' defense.  To me, that's not a FQB.  I think of him as "upper echelon for a mediocre QB".  Every drive was like pulling teeth.  It felt like every scoring drive was always around 13 plays.  And watching him throw a "hail mary" at the end of games was always worth a laugh when he still would throw a 2 yard dump off.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Good. Now go tell ballard /reich, the season ticket holders, ebron, and other teammates to collectively f off. Because thats what luck did by being this childish about timing here...

Its the equivalent of going on a crab boat in alaska and then quitting once youre out to sea. Actially luck is worse. Hes not risking his life like those fisherman

He looks like an out of touch millennial who is a privileged douche bag

Feel bad for colts fans

Actually, quitting and having chronic pain dude to playing a violent game for a team that refused to get you a respectable Oline until 2018 and never got you a respectable running game at all...arent the same. 

I feel very bad for Colts fans. The Colts owner is probably worse than the Jets

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Actually, quitting and having chronic pain dude to playing a violent game for a team that refused to get you a respectable Oline until 2018 and never got you a respectable running game at all...arent the same. 

The Colts not being able to mount a real run under Luck is one of the biggest disasters in recent NFL history. Their GM and their owner should be ashamed of themselves.  They had a golden opportunity but they completely flushed it down the toilet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What drivel.  You actually believe that a player needs to put his future health at risk because of fans and by retiring to save his health he lacks accountable?  That he doesnt give a shlt?  

Hes had 4 years of rehab and injury.

His ankle has been rehabbing for months and not respond.  Hes still in pain.  No one has said he would be ready for week one, pure nonsense given the Colts announce a week ago week 1 is in jeopardy and gave no timetable.  

More importantly, who the F are you to basically call him a selfish player for retiring when he feels he needs to?  

If Darnold retires when he's 29 after getting the Jets to multiple playoff games and getting the ever living sh*t beat out of him due to the Jets not drafting Oline (even though i doubt thats the case with Douglas in charge) than I would have no ill feelings toward him.

I love how people are calling Luck all these negative things but are putting their own entertainment and misplaced morals over his health. Maybe the Colts shouldn't have been so awful at building a roster around Luck for the 5-6 years after he was drafted, than maybe he would be still willing to play for their sh*tty organization.

• Post of the Week 4

6 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Is this how you felt when Gronk retired?

When did gronk retire??? Again stop shifting the narrative.

Nobody is upset about WHY luck retired.

Its the when and complete asinine way of going about it

If you think the world revolves around you, dont care about principles, responsibility etc then you dont care what luck did. 

But if youre a self aware adult you are fully aware of the character flaw here.

Theres a reason ppl say you should finish things. Its not just some fairy dust written in proverbs. It has real life consequences

Time to grow up andrew is what irsay shouldve said imho

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Luck IS NOT INJURED

LUCKS PLAY IS NOT DIMINISHED

stop avoiding the issue. Theres a reason ppl are upset

• Thumb Down 5

The Colts had 13 years of Peyton Manning followed by 7 years of Andrew Luck.  In those 20 years, they won only 1 Superbowl.  Of course, winning even 1 Superbowl is a major achievement.  But with an absolute all-time great in Peyton, and a potential all-time great in Luck, that has to be considered underachieving.  They never even appeared in a Superbowl with Luck.

Talk about squandering an opportunity!

• Upvote 2