Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Who's doing the avoiding now? You seen my response. 

Show me where the colts violated the cba and you have a point . its irrelevant because by this logic YOU ARE ADMITTING LUCK IS SCREWING THE COLTS.

but its ok because in your 2 digit iq logic, durrr but teams cut players.

Lol no contract is not in sequence with the cba. Nobody on the colts broke their word.

Its even more asinine

Why? Becsuse instead of taking one of tge big 4 in 18 the colts were loyal to luck through a serious rehab

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly. "Players get cut at any time during the season" wasn't meant to be an analogy. It was meant to point out the fact that a player is within his rights to retire at any point.

Football is a violent game, no? A player relies on two things, his mind and his body. When his mind tells him his body can no longer hold up, he;s not only smart to retire, he's actually doing his team a favor.

A player who is physically or mentally checked out isn't going to help anyone.

BTW If I'm following your reasoning, was Jim Brown a typically spoiled millennial when he retired after 9 years? Barry Sanders? There are more examples, but I think you get my point. One more thing. I'm a baby boomer, far from a millennial...

When did jim brown retire?

33 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Quit, retired, whatever. Why does it bother you so much?

I heard Sal Palontonio predict this weeks ago on Sirius radio. Luck hasn't practiced or participated in a drill all offseason as far as I know.

Do you really think the Colts were 

A. Totally blindsided by this?

B. really expecting much from him this year the way his leg was healing?

Would you have more respect for him if he didn't retire and just sat out the last two years of his contract, unable to play yet collecting every dollar owed him until, wait for it... The Colts cut him?

Go to the colts mb if you think this is totally ok

Surfs up spacoli

1 minute ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Show me where the colts violated the cba and you have a point . its irrelevant because by this logic YOU ARE ADMITTING LUCK IS SCREWING THE COLTS.

When did I say that the Colts violated the CBA? Are you confusing me with one of your other side conversations? Not playing a player or having them practice doesnt require you to put them on the pup list. You do that when you want to make space on your roster, and that space has a required time limit. 

There is no violation for not letting a player who is injured play or practice while keeping them on the active roster. Also, putting Luck on the PUP wouldnt change the fact that he retired. 

All Caps doesnt prove anything. 

but its ok because in your 2 digit iq logic, durrr but teams cut players.

My 2 digit logic must be fantastic given the amount of times you feel the need to type in all caps as emphasis on a point that is pointless. 

Lol no contract is not in sequence with the cba. Nobody on the colts broke their word.

Its even more asinine

Why? Becsuse instead of taking one of tge big 4 in 18 the colts were loyal to luck through a serious rehab

What's asinine is not being able to remember your conversations, but remembering to use all caps. 

Andrew Luck retired. Accept it. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When did I say that the Colts violated the CBA? Are you confusing me with one of your other side conversations? Not playing a player or having them practice doesnt require you to put them on the pup list. You do that when you want to make space on your roster, and that space has a required time limit. 

There is no violation for not letting a player who is injured play or practice while keeping them on the active roster. Also, putting Luck on the PUP wouldnt change the fact that he retired. 

My 2 digit logic must be fantastic given the amount of times you feel the need to type in all caps as emphasis on a point that is pointless. 

What's asinine is not being able to remember your conversations, but remembering to use all caps. 

Its not relevant because luck broke his word

Teams cutting players for performance is not breaking a contract or word.

Now 

Try again

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Show me the med staff talk of ir

Show me lucks diminished play

Show me if its feb

Then ill agree he retired.

Walking off a roof job at noon before its complete with ppl depending on you is not retirement you child. Its called being an irresponsible douche

Just now, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Its not relevant because luck broke his word

Teams cutting players for performance is not breaking a contract or word.

Now 

Try again

What do you think this is, the street? Luck broke his word? NFL teams dont go on words, they sign contracts. Is there anything in his contract that stated that he couldnt retire? 

All this "now" and "try again" and "all caps"...is cute. However, you're not proving anything or even providing a valid point. The only thing you're doing is showing how you feel about Luck's decision to retire, that's about it. 

Teams sign contracts, and based on the fact that he retired, it's clear that no where in his contract did he violate that contract by retiring. 

I've tried again, and im yet again successful by showing that this is just your emotional opinion on the topic. Nothing factual. 

10 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Show me the med staff talk of ir

Show me lucks diminished play

Show me if its feb

Then ill agree he retired.

Walking off a roof job at noon before its complete with ppl depending on you is not retirement you child. Its called being an irresponsible douche

Okay, from 2012 to 2014 Luck had a total of 48 possible games to play in and he played everyone of them. 

Here's where his play begins to diminish. Follow me. 

From 2015 to 2018 Luck had a total of 64 games to play in.

Luck played in just 39 games. That's even less games played in his last 4 years than he played in his first 3 years in the league. 

That's how diminished his play became. Dude wasnt even on the field for 60% of his games over the past 4 seasons. 

You dont need to agree to anything. The facts are for everyone to see. You are not needed to validate anything.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Oh my god come on, Pennington was the epitome of pussy ball. I’m dumbfounded how people try to rewrite his history. He had a pop gun for an arm before his injury, and he had zero command over a defense. He never could impose his will over a defense, he just simply took whatever the D was willing to give. He was the ultimate check down Charlie, and when he faced Agressive defenses he completely crumbled. Nice guy, extremely mediocre QB.

Everything above is true except "Nice guy".  Nope, he wasn't.  

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pennington was a FQB???  I must have been watching another channel when the games were on.  He was able to beat crappy teams with his non-stop 2 yard passes.  I don't believe he could've ever beaten a good defense in a big game.  

To me, the quintessential Pennington game was the playoff game in 2008 against the Ravens.  Chad led Miami to 11 wins that year but got absolutely crushed when he faced that tough Ravens' defense.  To me, that's not a FQB.  I think of him as "upper echelon for a mediocre QB".  Every drive was like pulling teeth.  It felt like every scoring drive was always around 13 plays.  And watching him throw a "hail mary" at the end of games was always worth a laugh when he still would throw a 2 yard dump off.

And they only won 11 games because of Ronnie Brown and the gimmicky Wildcat Offense.  

1 hour ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Go to the colts mb if you think this is totally ok

Surfs up spacoli

Ok, that's it for me. You're on a deserted island of your own choosing. 

Arguing with everyone, calling them imbeciles, stupid, and whatever else pops into your pea brain. You keep trying to make a point not one other person agrees with. Your main line of defense is arguing in caps, LOL.

I guess I got off easy only being called "Spacoli", but I have a simple rule. Once a person I'm discussing a subject with resorts to name calling, I know he's not worth the effort, and there's no need to continue.

Keep screaming at clouds, my man. It seems like you enjoy it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As for Colts' fans, I guess I can't get on them too much for being disappointed that he retired.  He was a great player who probably was on the cusp of taking the team to another Superbowl. 

Not this year.  Even if Luck pushed through this season he wasn't ready for Week 1.  

It became a mental thing for Luck at some point.  The more injuries you take on, especially ones that make you miss large swaths of games, the more you worry about getting hurt again.  It impacts the way you play.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When they were both rookies, @Matt39 posted that Russell Wilson was going to have a better career than Andrew Luck and I was all “say whaaaaaat bish plz.” 

Outcome bias.  

Luck SHOULD have had a better career than Wilson.  Russell is overrated and threw one of the worst and most poorly-times interceptions in NFL history, and none of his teammates defended him.  

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct, and if you don't you're an irresponsible, immature sociopath.  And there's no gray area.  

There are so many really smart, interesting, and witty people on this board.

Unfortunately there are also some who are none of these things.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

If Anyone wants to send me a Luck jersey for Christmas, I'll take it.

Size large, the Nike "game" jersey. Not the one that's more like a shirt /shirsy,  a term I heard.

Preferably  blue.

Do you want the one with the NASA 50 Year Moon Landing anniversary patch?

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There are so many really smart, interesting, and witty people on this board.

Unfortunately there are also some who are none of these things.

Every time someone starts one of those “How do I mute a poster” threads, I assume they’re referring to me

• Haha 1