Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

He's a guy, with a kid on the way, $97 mil earned (salary only), has an architectural degree from one of the best schools in the nation, and apparently is in pain every day.  My body aches and creeks and cracks too (and so does yours), and I'm in decent shape for my age. How does this situation not compute with some regular folks? 

Please stop, people, with the “architectural degree” already. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Would you put in two weeks notice and help train your replacement or just leave and burn the bridge

This is the issue. Not whether u can leave or not

The #Colts have known that QB Andrew Luck was seriously mulling retiring for at least two weeks. He’s married, he plans to travel the world, and once the love for the game waned, it sounds like he wanted to step away. So, he did.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Mike florio now reporting irsay knew about this retirement issue since last march. Reports also coming out of local indy news that there is high speculation this whole ankle/ calf thing is total bs to cover for just wanting out. 

Nfl network just reported med staff had no doubts about week 1 

Luck admitted the so called calf injury wasnt nowhere near the shoulder issue.

Luck gets married, comes back from europe in april. Suddenly my calf hurts.

He didnt want to play football anymore ppl. So hes an irresponsible douche for leading the colts org on and not retiring in the spring

CLOWN SHOW LUCK

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Mike florio now reporting irsay knew about this retirement issue since last march. Reports also coming out of local indy news that there is high speculation this whole ankle/ calf thing is total bs to cover for just wanting out. 

Nfl network just reported med staff had no doubts about week 1 

Luck admitted the so called calf injury wasnt nowhere near the shoulder issue.

Luck gets married, comes back from europe in april. Suddenly my calf hurts.

He didnt want to play football anymore ppl. So hes an irresponsible douche for leading the colts org on and not retiring in the spring

CLOWN SHOW LUCK

Did you really give yourself a post of the week vote? I’ve heard Europe is wonderful this time of year. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Yep... and you've got all this proof he had an ankle problem, right?......

If the sport were real. If people were allowed free will, to act as they wanted. A guy making 5 or 10 million his first year, wouldn't  bother coming back his second year. Theres no need. 5 or 10 million, life is set. These guys obviously  aren't even  making that much then. Maybe a couple million, maybe a few million for the stars.

They dont.leave though. Obviously  there's  something in the contract that says - leave and you get nothing. Or worse....these players have no actual freedom or power. Just well paid slaves. We are all just lesser paid slaves.

You know you sound like an ex player.

One who took far too many shots to the head. 

I feel dumber reading this loonacy.  I pray it's just someone clowning and trying, badly, to troll and not just a lack of brain cells

3 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

if you really want me to rub it in its why i think allen will be better than darnold. 

Allen loves football

Darnold enjoys it....

Mic drop

You gave yourself a post of the week vote?  LOL.  Bills fans are so insecure.  Come to a Jet board, brag about their QB and throw shade at a far superior QB.  

Loser fanbase. 

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The guy has 117 posts & 81 are negatively repped. He don't know sh*t. 

It's a lot worse than that given he up votes almost every one of his own posts. 

How desperate like it changes anyone impression of him

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would suck if a roofer walked out in the middle of a job but you could always hire another roofer to finish the work.  The point you're making would work much better with an air traffic controller.  Obviously they shouldn't quit in the middle of a shift because it would put passengers' lives on the line. 

Andrew Luck retiring from football is a completely different situation though.  Who is hurt by this?  Yes, there will be fans who are disappointed.  And, yes, there will be STH's who spent good money on the team, mainly because of Luck (e.g. "you need a FQB to win a SB").  Again, however, Colts' ownership can offer a refund to any STH's who want one.  That's on Colts' management to do though.  It's not Andrew Luck's responsibility.  

How about his teammates and coaches who are set up to compete for a Super Bowl? Not everything has to be about life or death to be right or wrong. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, nico002 said:

How about his teammates and coaches who are set up to compete for a Super Bowl? Not everything has to be about life or death to be right or wrong. 

I’m sure they all know it’s a business (and a dangerous one at that!) and they probably respect his decision more than anyone.  In fact, I’m sure his teammates are all thinking about the risk/reward of playing pro football themselves. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Chad Pennington had 4 surgies on his shoulder and keep coming back.  Dude was a warrior.

Lucks got a sprained ankle and retires.  Get out of here.

Id take pennington any day over this guy.

Yeah, and what did Pennington get for it from the fans?  The fans cheered when he was injured, there are still fans on this board that go into a tirade of hate every time his name is mentioned.  lol 

Luck's doing the right thing while he can still enjoy his $, his family, and his life.  With that said if I was a Colts' fan I'd be stunned and angry, but I'd get over it as soon as I matured.  :)

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

It kinda reminds me of all the times you’ve said sh*t like

or

or

or

and Will Hunting never bothered getting off his barstool because reality did all the work for him.

Must have taken you a long time to find the 3 times I've been wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

if you really want me to rub it in its why i think allen will be better than darnold. 

Allen loves football

Darnold enjoys it....

Mic drop

Yes, because we all know the # 1 criteria for succeeding as a pro QB is how much you love football.  Not things like accuracy, pre-snap decisions or processing reads.  

Mark Sanchez loved football.  I bet J.P. Losman, EJ Manuel and Nathan Peterman did too.  

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

I bet if you ask his teammates and coaches, they support him.  Have any come out to say otherwise?  He let them know well in advance.  You act like they learned it on the internet the same time the fans in the stadium did.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The #Colts have known that QB Andrew Luck was seriously mulling retiring for at least two weeks. He’s married, he plans to travel the world, and once the love for the game waned, it sounds like he wanted to step away. So, he did.

he owes the Colts nothing after the way they nearly had him killed 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Saw this already with Carson Palmer.  Luck will be back in a couple seasons with another team.  

The unbearable part of all this is members of the media using this story to push agendas, whether anti football or anti millennial.

His rights are held by the Colts.  Here's not going anywhere else unless they trade him

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His rights are held by the Colts.  Here's not going anywhere else unless they trade him

That’s exactly what the bengals did when Palmer “retired”.  Remember there were rumors that Barry Sanders was trying to force a trade after his retirement, but Detroit wouldn’t do it.  Might as well get a pick for someone who doesn’t want to play for you.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Must have taken you a long time to find the 3 times I've been wrong.

What have you ever been right about? You started at JI arguing that Pennington was better than Brady, and it's only gone downhill since 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

What, you dont think Andy's going to apply for a 9-5, entry level position for $55,000 a year at an Architectural Firm now that his Football career is over?

LOL.

The real funny thing is that when it's all said and done, Mark Sanchez had a more successful career than Col. Luck....

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, CTM said:

What have you ever been right about? You started at JI arguing that Pennington was better than Brady, and it's only gone downhill since 

I'm beginning to consider rearranging my schedule to allow for a Met Life visit against the Bills.

It appears a few of you need a black eye.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xtina said:

From Stanford.  Doesn’t make one damn bit of difference if his degree is in basket weaving, every athlete that is accepted to Stanford must qualify academically, like the general student population, he has a life long connection with an alumni network from one of the most difficult universities in the world to gain acceptance.  Those grads pull each other up.

Get over yourself and what YOU deem is a prestigious degree, especially for an athlete.

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm beginning to consider rearranging my schedule to allow for a Met Life visit against the Bills.

It appears a few of you need a black eye.

Beat up all the people you want.  Doesn't improve your sub-Mendoza Line batting average when it comes to getting things right.  

Colts fans want their money back after quarterback Andrew Luck retires

Today 10:32 AM

AP

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, 29, is emotional as he announced his retirement from the NFL Saturday night.

By Brian Fonseca | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

There are some unsatisfied customers in Indianapolis.

Colts fans are calling into the team’s headquarters “demanding refunds” on their season tickets as a result of quarterback Andrew Luck’s sudden retirement over the weekend, according to The Athletic’s Zak Keefer.

It was another display of discontent from a fanbase who, like everyone in the NFL world, was stunned by Luck’s decision.

Less than an hour after the news was broken by ESPN’s Adam Schefteron Saturday, fans in attendance at the Colts’ 27-17 preseason loss to the Chicago Bears booed the quarterback as he walked off the field at Lucas Oil Stadium for likely the final time in his career.

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hear the reaction," he said in a press conference shortly after where he confirmed his retirement. "It hurt, I’ll be honest.”

The reaction was equally strong on social media. 

Fans were frustrated, media members were surprised if not empathetic and some questioned Luck’s toughness. Those in the latter category were mostly shut down by their peers.

Luck turns 30 next month and was still considered to be in the prime of his career, so this comes as an absolute shocker. But ultimately, his career will go down as a disappointment.

According to ESPN, Luck “is mentally worn down.” He has already spoken with Colts owner Jim Irsay to inform him of the retirement decision, which leaves Jacoby Brissett as the Colts’ starting quarterback. (Could they trade for the Giants’ Eli Manning?)

Luck has struggled with multiple injuries in recent years, which have seriously limited his ability to turn his prodigious skills into on-field production. He was most recently dealing with a calf/high ankle issue this summer.

He missed all of 2017 with a shoulder injury, after being limited to seven games in 2015. But he returned last season, played all 16 games and made the Pro Bowl. Luck appeared to be back from his shoulder injury, as he had 39 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and a 98.7 rating.

• Haha 1