Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beat up all the people you want.  Doesn't improve your sub-Mendoza Line batting average when it comes to getting things right.  

I think we'd find him equally unsuccessful at beating people up. Maybe T0m, but his T is so low I'm not even sure he qualifies

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

How about his teammates and coaches who are set up to compete for a Super Bowl? Not everything has to be about life or death to be right or wrong. 

Yo Nico and @MCGAHEE2121:  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044443/article/frank-reich-andrew-luck-did-not-let-the-team-down

Frank Reich: Andrew Luck did not let the team down

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 26, 2019 at 01:16 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 26, 2019 at 01:31 p.m.

Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich sits in a difficult spot having watched his starting quarterback Andrew Luck retire at the age of 29. Reich, however, approaches the upcoming campaign with the confidence his team is built to withstand the massive loss.

Reich spoke to his team Monday about Luck's retirement, instilling bravado that the Colts aren't lost in the wilderness without their franchise captain.

"This morning we talked about the word paradox," a calm and confident Reich said. "For example, everyone makes a unique contribution on this team, yet everyone is replaceable. We can deeply love and respect and care for each individual, yet the team must come first, therefore, when it came to Andrew's retirement, that word paradox kind of helps me, can help us make sense of what's going on. On one hand, we can respect and honor the player and the teammate that Andrew is and was. But at the same time, we can share an excitement and an enthusiasm about the team that we have going forward and the journey ahead of us. Ultimately, it's not about how good any one player is. It's not. It's about how good we are, as a team."

Reich reiterated that while it's always difficult to replace a player of Luck's caliber, the Colts are built to withstand the loss of any one man.

"Someone asked me a question the other day, is there any sense that you felt like Andrew is letting down the team? And the answer was an emphatic no," the coach said. "And why is that? Colts fans know that we use a metaphor around here of climbing Mount Everest to depict the journey of a regular season, and the quest to get to the top and win a world championship. And anyone who's made that climb knows that it requires a total commitment of the heart, complete and total commitment of the heart. When Andrew spoke to us the other day, he spoke of how the cycle of injury and pain and rehab, injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, over four years had taken its toll. It had essentially sucked the passion, the joy, the fun out of football. So, Andrew did the right thing. He did the right thing for himself, and he did the right thing for the team, knowing the requirement and the commitment that's needed of the journey ahead. He did the courageous thing, and he did the honorable thing."

Luck's abrupt retirement came after he was worn down after a litany of health issues from a lacerated kidney, a shoulder injury that wiped out an entire season, and the latest calf/ankle issue.

Monday, Reich spoke glowingly of his former quarterback's journey ahead in the game of life. Neither Luck nor the Colts are done climbing.

"One last thing, we all know, as far as Andrew's concerned, make no mistake about it, this guy isn't done climbing mountains, he's very talented," Reich said. "This is just a new beginning and a new chapter for him. Can you imagine if he inspired millions of kids to learn how to read? How would that mountain be to climb?

"But also let me assure Colts fans of this: This team is not done climbing. In fact, we're just getting ready. We're just getting started, and we can't wait. I just feel like Chris (Ballard) and his staff have done an unbelievable job of assembling a team of players. This locker room is special. There's a character quality and a passion for this game and this city and what the horseshoe represents that is special. And we believe that our players will rise to that challenge and that occasion. We're ready for the journey ahead. We believe we have the formula of what it takes to have a successful journey. We have the right makeup, we have the right locker room. We have the talent. This is a very talented football team in all three phases."

The climb for Indy became more daunting after Luck's retirement.

Jacoby Brissett takes over under center. Reich called the 26-year-old a top-20 caliber starting quarterback in the NFL.

"I've been here for two years," Brissett said. "The same system with a lot of the same guys so I think that'll help us out a lot. We've gained a relationship. We've had those tough conversations and so it's an ongoing thing. ... It's still week after week, day after day that we have the opportunity to get better."

Reich also added that while he will tweak the offense slightly to accentuate Brissett's skill set, it won't change much.

"We have a vision, the Colts fans know what our vision is," Reich said. "We're all about the process. Get one percent better every day and go 1-0 every week. And then we have the support of Coltsnation. There's going to be challenges along the way, we know that for sure. That's what climbing Mount Everest is all about. There nothing easy about it, not one thing about easy about it. But I can't help but think back to an old saying that an old coach of mine used to say all the time (former Billslegendary coach Marv Levy), and that's this: there's no place I'd rather be than right here, right now."

Put in a difficult situation, there is likely no coach Indianapolis would rather have right now either.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

So, Andrew did the right thing. He did the right thing for himself, and he did the right thing for the team, knowing the requirement and the commitment that's needed of the journey ahead. He did the courageous thing, and he did the honorable thing."

It's as if Frank Reich was directing this quote right at @nico002 and @MCGAHEE2121

Tools.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Saw this already with Carson Palmer.  Luck will be back in a couple seasons with another team.  

The unbearable part of all this is members of the media using this story to push agendas, whether anti football or anti millennial.

Carsons’ situation was very different from Lucks, the only thing the same was their respective franchises failing to protect their QB with an adequate OL.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You know you sound like an ex player.

One who took far too many shots to the head. 

I feel dumber reading this loonacy.  I pray it's just someone clowning and trying, badly, to troll and not just a lack of brain cells

cliche jokes while continuing  to assume something you can't prove. 

He's  fine. This is somehow connected to his dad and the XFL. The story is leading to two possible things. He ends up playing on the Houston XFL team. Or that  team wins the XFL championship, with or without him. 

The Sunday night  game, Collinsworth and Michaels, even hinted..you never know, he could be fine in a couple months or a year. It's all dramatic bu_____t. As dumb as Brown's  helmet story.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044443/article/frank-reich-andrew-luck-did-not-let-the-team-down

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 26, 2019 at 01:16 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 26, 2019 at 01:31 p.m.

Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich sits in a difficult spot having watched his starting quarterback Andrew Luck retire at the age of 29. Reich, however, approaches the upcoming campaign with the confidence his team is built to withstand the massive loss.

Reich spoke to his team Monday about Luck's retirement, instilling bravado that the Colts aren't lost in the wilderness without their franchise captain.

"This morning we talked about the word paradox," a calm and confident Reich said. "For example, everyone makes a unique contribution on this team, yet everyone is replaceable. We can deeply love and respect and care for each individual, yet the team must come first, therefore, when it came to Andrew's retirement, that word paradox kind of helps me, can help us make sense of what's going on. On one hand, we can respect and honor the player and the teammate that Andrew is and was. But at the same time, we can share an excitement and an enthusiasm about the team that we have going forward and the journey ahead of us. Ultimately, it's not about how good any one player is. It's not. It's about how good we are, as a team."

Reich reiterated that while it's always difficult to replace a player of Luck's caliber, the Colts are built to withstand the loss of any one man.

"Someone asked me a question the other day, is there any sense that you felt like Andrew is letting down the team? And the answer was an emphatic no," the coach said. "And why is that? Colts fans know that we use a metaphor around here of climbing Mount Everest to depict the journey of a regular season, and the quest to get to the top and win a world championship. And anyone who's made that climb knows that it requires a total commitment of the heart, complete and total commitment of the heart. When Andrew spoke to us the other day, he spoke of how the cycle of injury and pain and rehab, injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, over four years had taken its toll. It had essentially sucked the passion, the joy, the fun out of football. So, Andrew did the right thing. He did the right thing for himself, and he did the right thing for the team, knowing the requirement and the commitment that's needed of the journey ahead. He did the courageous thing, and he did the honorable thing."

Luck's abrupt retirement came after he was worn down after a litany of health issues from a lacerated kidney, a shoulder injury that wiped out an entire season, and the latest calf/ankle issue.

Monday, Reich spoke glowingly of his former quarterback's journey ahead in the game of life. Neither Luck nor the Colts are done climbing.

"One last thing, we all know, as far as Andrew's concerned, make no mistake about it, this guy isn't done climbing mountains, he's very talented," Reich said. "This is just a new beginning and a new chapter for him. Can you imagine if he inspired millions of kids to learn how to read? How would that mountain be to climb?

"But also let me assure Colts fans of this: This team is not done climbing. In fact, we're just getting ready. We're just getting started, and we can't wait. I just feel like Chris (Ballard) and his staff have done an unbelievable job of assembling a team of players. This locker room is special. There's a character quality and a passion for this game and this city and what the horseshoe represents that is special. And we believe that our players will rise to that challenge and that occasion. We're ready for the journey ahead. We believe we have the formula of what it takes to have a successful journey. We have the right makeup, we have the right locker room. We have the talent. This is a very talented football team in all three phases."

The climb for Indy became more daunting after Luck's retirement.

Jacoby Brissett takes over under center. Reich called the 26-year-old a top-20 caliber starting quarterback in the NFL.

"I've been here for two years," Brissett said. "The same system with a lot of the same guys so I think that'll help us out a lot. We've gained a relationship. We've had those tough conversations and so it's an ongoing thing. ... It's still week after week, day after day that we have the opportunity to get better."

Reich also added that while he will tweak the offense slightly to accentuate Brissett's skill set, it won't change much.

"We have a vision, the Colts fans know what our vision is," Reich said. "We're all about the process. Get one percent better every day and go 1-0 every week. And then we have the support of Coltsnation. There's going to be challenges along the way, we know that for sure. That's what climbing Mount Everest is all about. There nothing easy about it, not one thing about easy about it. But I can't help but think back to an old saying that an old coach of mine used to say all the time (former Billslegendary coach Marv Levy), and that's this: there's no place I'd rather be than right here, right now."

Put in a difficult situation, there is likely no coach Indianapolis would rather have right now either.

What else is the fo gonna say... The organization was already shunned by elway and failed with two other golden child qbs.

If you dont think they have foresight with lawrence coming ....

Again youre a two dimensional thinking child

• Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You know you sound like an ex player.

One who took far too many shots to the head. 

I feel dumber reading this loonacy.  I pray it's just someone clowning and trying, badly, to troll and not just a lack of brain cells

there was no ankle calf injury dude... Get a clue

• Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because we all know the # 1 criteria for succeeding as a pro QB is how much you love football.  Not things like accuracy, pre-snap decisions or processing reads.  

Mark Sanchez loved football.  I bet J.P. Losman, EJ Manuel and Nathan Peterman did too.  

Allen is elite in all those areas

• Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

•  

You know what's really funny?  People that fall for this type of fluff piece where a coach can't say anything else or he'd lose his locker room. 

Every player on Twitter has come to Luck's defense because it's in their own self interest. 

Of course he let his team down. If Darnold retired tomorrow it would be letting his team down. How could any rational human being not understand that????

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Stephen A Smith is a f*cking a-hole and it’s not surprising this is his take. 

Youre the ****in asshat who has no principles and cares nothing about your actions effecting others. Youre the pos ppl talk about in bars on friday night dude

Literally

He quit

Just like vontae davis

• Thumb Down 7