Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

10 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

In a year, he'll be fine and end up on the Rams

10 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

He may come back as a Ram.. or he'll end up in their XFL with dad.

This retire was hinted at  when he made joke in practice  in 2018 from.a failed Philly special play 

10 hours ago, TJ said:

He'll unretire and replace Dak 

Luck has 2 years left on his contract.

If he un-retires, the Colts own his rights.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

My only issue is with him being on the sideline and cavorting around when this happened.  Fans are an emotional lot and if the announcement was handled a bit better he would not be getting the stick over it.

He should have not showed up at the game today and held a presser 1st thing tommorrow am.

According to Schefter's report this morning, he informed the Colts and a select few (including Brissett) of his decision on Friday.  They contemplated having a presser on Friday to announce but for some reason decided to wait and have a presser Sunday afternoon.

Obviously a big mistake because someone leaked the news and ultimately Schefter broke it while the game was going on.

On a side note, my Colts fans friends are already deflecting the disgusting reaction from the game last night.  They're claiming those aren't "real" Colts fans, just the "dirty white trash" that buys pre-season games from season ticket holders on the cheap.

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Luck has 2 years left on his contract.

If he un-retires, the Colts own his rights.

Between his to the Rams rant and the doom and gloomers who predicted he'll sign with the Pats, dont know which is worse given the Colts have to be compensated and they're letting him walk for free.  This isnt Favre at the end and a better, younger version already in place

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

What Andrew Luck does owe is a detailed explanation. The fans have committed to him financially and emotionally. Some of the things Id want to know:

- how bad is the ankle pain. Could you play in a game tomorrow?

- when did you hurt the ankle?

- is your love of the game as high as it’s ever been?

- why not go on IR and see how your body/mind feels in a year? 

- what percent chance is there that you come back? 

All fair questions. He also messed up his shoulder snowboarding. He doesn’t owe the Colts anything but the media ass kissing going on is cringey. 

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Generally the onus of proof falls to the claimant of fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How is anyone going to prove that he ISN'T injured?  

While common sense says he is injured given that there is no upside to walking away from a game he loves, at only 27 years old, while owed $58 mil.

What Andrew Luck does owe is a detailed explanation. The fans have committed to him financially and emotionally. Some of the things Id want to know:

He doesn’t owe anyone jack sh*t. Get over yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

If you bothered to listen to his presser you would realize that he addressed every one of those points. 

I feel bad for the Colts' STH's, especially those who bought in after the year the team had last year.  Andrew Luck was obviously the single most important player on the team and the upcoming season now takes on an entirely different feel.  But playing football is ultimately just a job for these guys.  He had every right to walk away.  Why does he owe anyone an explanation about anything?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All the Jets Fans angry over Luck's accountability to the Colts, lol.  

Here is what I see:  A potential playoff team now probably isn't.  That IS good for the Jets.  I don't care about if Luck did right by the Colts, I'm not the Colts owner nor a Colts fan.  It's about time some OTHER team got the screwjob bad luck (no pun intended) we usually get.  As a few others smartly pointed out.....next time, protect your QB.  A lesson for us too.

Move is good for Luck, and good for the Jets.  Bad for Colts, but why would we care about what is bad for the Colts?

The Colts had a run of great QB'ing for a far longer time than most franchises so I shed no tears for them about this.  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Larz said:
Dearest mother — The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm. — Andrew
8:24 AM · Aug 25, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Guess that makes it official.

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel bad for the Colts' STH's, especially those who bought in after the year the team had last year.  Andrew Luck was obviously the single most important player on the team and the upcoming season now takes on an entirely different feel.  But playing football is ultimately just a job for these guys.  He had every right to walk away.  Why does he owe anyone an explanation about anything?  

Because the fans who have purchased season tickets under the assumption that Luck was going to be the QB for the next decade have been absolutely duped. Yes, football is like any other business- and the fans are the customers. Andrew Luck is an employee of the Colts and right now he is absolutely ******* the fans. Would you be cool if you bought non refundable concert tickets for $5,000 and the headliner decided to not do the tour because it was too hard? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NYallDay said:

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is it too early to say that Russell Wilson was always better than Luck, and will undoubtedly go down as the best QB of that draft? 

Just now, nico002 said:

Because the fans who have purchased season tickets under the assumption that Luck was going to be the QB for the next decade have been absolutely duped. Yes, football is like any other business- and the fans are the customers. Andrew Luck is an employee of the Colts and right now he is absolutely ******* the fans. Would you be cool if you bought non refundable concert tickets for $5,000 and the headliner decided to not do the tour because it was too hard? 

Not sure the concert analogy is fair.  For example, fans knew going in that there was no guarantee Luck wouldn't get injured, yet they still purchased their tickets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure the concert analogy is fair.  For example, fans knew going in that there was no guarantee Luck wouldn't get injured, yet they still purchased their tickets.

There are things that are under the companies control and others are not. If the headliner for the concert died in a plane crash the company wouldn’t be liable for fraud- If the headliner decided to just not do the job he promised to do they would. If you charge people for a product you need to hold your end of the bargain- even if it’s hard to come to work. Look I’m not saying luck can’t retire- but what he is doing isn’t as cool as some of you are making it out to be. He is screwing people over and needs to be held accountable for that- at least give those who deserve it an explanation.

And yes- I did watch the presser. None of my questions were answered.

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How is anyone going to prove that he ISN'T injured?  

While common sense says he is injured given that there is no upside to walking away from a game he loves, at only 27 years old, while owed $58 mil.

That's the point. 

The act is just dumb.  this thread is polluted with some of the worst trolling yet.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

He doesn't owe anybody anything.  He's lost his heart for the game, doesn't want to play in pain anymore.  He's going to go and have a good life and  spend his money before his body and brain is to broken down.

Good for him

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Good for Luck, hes under 30, has a pretty wife. And wont have to worry about anything for the rest of his life with all that money hes made. 

Screw the Colts. Many NFL execs and players have said this is a cut throat business. And it is. It also works both ways. He owes them nothing. 

His teammates. Its a bummer for them. But they'll still get paid.

The fans. Life sucks. Its just a game. Its entertainment. Luck chose not to get beat up for anyones entertainment anymore.  I can understand that.

I wouldn't be shocked if this starts happening more. When players leave the game with good health and money on their own terms instead of the game throwing them out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

My reply to you if I was Luck:  You don't own me, I owe you nothing.  Piss off.

15 minutes ago, nico002 said:

First off anyone who pays $5,000 for a concert ticket is stupid, and deserves to be screwed, but with that said.

If during the concert 300+# dudes kept running unto the stage and slamming him to the ground, I'd probably understand.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

First off anyone who pays $5,000 for a concert ticket is stupid, and deserves to be screwed, but with that said.

If during the concert 300+# dudes kept running unto the stage and slamming him to the ground, I'd probably understand.

Don’t play football if you don’t want to get hit. There are plenty of other ways to make money. Don’t sell fans a $5000 season ticket package with Andrew Lucks face on the cover If the guy is going to quit his job. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Don’t play football if you don’t want to get hit. There are plenty of other ways to make money. Don’t sell fans a $5000 season ticket package with Andrew Lucks face on the cover If the guy is going to quit his job. 

I live in Indianapolis they are all on suicide watch now

ndianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck tells Sports Illustrated that his lost season due to his shoulder injury saved his relationship with his now-wife, Nicole Pechanec, and changed his mentality toward football.

"I don’t think I’m married if that had not happened," Luck said in the article. "I think I eff that up. I truly do. I truly do.

“I mean, now, it’s all good. But yeah.”

Luck said he focuses on being "present" when he's at home. In the past, he said he'd bring work home with him mentally. In the past year, Luck has married Pechanec and the couple is expecting a child.

"Get your work done at the building, and when you go home, go home, be present,” Luck said to Sports Illustrated. “And if I wasn’t, I addressed it with my wife — ‘I need to call on this right now, because this is on my mind, and it can’t wait ’til morning.’ And in an odd way, that helped football.

"And then I wasn’t on the football field and I felt quite empty. It was very unhealthy, first for me, second for the relationship with my now-wife, and my other relationships. The result (of the shoulder injury) has been the best thing that ever could’ve happened."

52 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I live in and work in Indianapolis.  Colts fans buy the tickets every year no matter what they went to every game in 2011 when Curtis Painter was the starter

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

ndianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck tells Sports Illustrated that his lost season due to his shoulder injury saved his relationship with his now-wife, Nicole Pechanec, and changed his mentality toward football.

"I don’t think I’m married if that had not happened," Luck said in the article. "I think I eff that up. I truly do. I truly do.

“I mean, now, it’s all good. But yeah.”

Luck said he focuses on being "present" when he's at home. In the past, he said he'd bring work home with him mentally. In the past year, Luck has married Pechanec and the couple is expecting a child.

"Get your work done at the building, and when you go home, go home, be present,” Luck said to Sports Illustrated. “And if I wasn’t, I addressed it with my wife — ‘I need to call on this right now, because this is on my mind, and it can’t wait ’til morning.’ And in an odd way, that helped football.

"And then I wasn’t on the football field and I felt quite empty. It was very unhealthy, first for me, second for the relationship with my now-wife, and my other relationships. The result (of the shoulder injury) has been the best thing that ever could’ve happened."

Once again proves the old adage: men marry women hoping they never change, women marry men hoping they don’t stay the same.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Good for Luck, hes under 30, has a pretty wife. And wont have to worry about anything for the rest of his life with all that money hes made. 

Screw the Colts. Many NFL execs and players have said this is a cut throat business. And it is. It also works both ways. He owes them nothing. 

His teammates. Its a bummer for them. But they'll still get paid.

The fans. Life sucks. Its just a game. Its entertainment. Luck chose not to get beat up for anyones entertainment anymore.  I can understand that.

I wouldn't be shocked if this starts happening more. When players leave the game with good health and money on their own terms instead of the game throwing them out. 

Didn't Barry Sanders retire early?  And Megatron?  And a defensive player from the 49ers?  I think this has been a trend for a while now.  I do agree that it will start happening more though.  It's interesting how the rules have changed to make things a little better for the players (at least the QB) yet Luck still got hurt badly enough to retire so young.  Probably players are just bigger and more athletic than they were a couple of decades ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Pennington and Luck should never be mentioned in the same breath.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I was comparing the injuries and what that's like for a fanbase not their talent level. Both were starting quarterbacks who were injured constantly. You can throw Sam Bradford in there as well LOL. I don't really understand why I wouldn't mention Pennington and Luck in the same breath. That's just stupid