Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If you’ve never dealt with chronic pain before it’s hard to really imagine what living every day of your life that way could be like. To say he owes anything to anybody else in a sport where people get crippled or brain damaged on the regular at any moment is just failing to look at it with any kind of perspective. 

Obviously the timing could be better, but at the end of the day it sounds like he tried to push through this one and just didn’t feel like doing it anymore. 

He has a net worth between 40-50 million reasons why the pain isn't worth it..

• Sympathy 1

Everyone blames the colts and this just isnt true.  Half the sacks he took is ccause hed hold onto the forever.

Andrew Luck never became the player he was projected to be but its as much his fault as it is the colts.

Im tired of everyone giving him a pass and acting like he was an all timer but the colts ruined it.  He has no one to blame but himself and now he quits 2 weeks b4 the season.  Good riddance.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Its not a child's game. Millions of dollars , massive ads, incredible medical technology is invested in this. Ppl lives and jobs depend on luck.

If you cant understand this, i seriously question your maturity. 

FFS what’s mature about making demands out of a pro athlete who’s been hurt numerous times? Get over yourself with this high horse mentality.
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Chad Pennington had 4 surgies on his shoulder and keep coming back.  Dude was a warrior.

Lucks got a sprained ankle and retires.  Get out of here.

Id take pennington any day over this guy.

It might be time for you to retire 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Chad Pennington had 4 surgies on his shoulder and keep coming back.  Dude was a warrior.

lol. He also told reporters it was a “privilege” to cover him. Luck is a classy guy whose character and integrity has no business being questioned.
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I Personally think he may be setting the stage to join the XFL for insane money and help build that league

He had two years left on his deal after this year with the Colts, which means if he continued to play, they'd start talking extension next season.  That extension could have easily been in the $40+ million a year with probably over $100 million in guarantees.

A five year deal would have been along the lines of a quarter of a BILLION dollars.

49 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Luck said its mentally draining. The med staff said hed be ok week 1. Hes quitting. Hes not retiring because of diminished play or injury. Stop shifting the narrative

Its disingenuous

Who ******* cares? Does he owe you money or something? 

Rival is weakened. Good. 

Luck is retiring from a game to live his life. Good for him.

Spoiled hillbilly fans of team that has had elite level QB play for 2 decades are angry. **** 'em.

Anything else on the subject is just stupidity. 

• Sympathy 3

48 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Its not a child's game. Millions of dollars , massive ads, incredible medical technology is invested in this. Ppl lives and jobs depend on luck.

If you cant understand this, i seriously question your maturity. 

To be fair he did just lose his virginity. So...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude, how dare you judge a guy that's life long dream was not to win a super bowl but instead to travel the world. It's not like you can travel the world at 40 ..

With the decision to not recoup any of Andrew Luck’s signing or roster bonuses (h/t @AdamSchefter) the #Colts will take on dead cap hits of $18.4M in 2019, & $6.4M in 2020. Luck will earn $12M cash in 2019 from his roster bonuses, bringing his career earnings to $109M.

$6 million is Jamison Crowder, Jamal Adams money 

he should pay the colts back without question 

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Don’t play football if you don’t want to get hit. There are plenty of other ways to make money. Don’t sell fans a $5000 season ticket package with Andrew Lucks face on the cover If the guy is going to quit his job. 

LOL

You've answered your own question.  He's not going to play football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

No schtick.

There's nothing wrong with him.What's effed up? He aint' dying. Just a overpaid jock  who ain't  throwing no more. No tragedy here.  This story has been bullsh*t since day one, some mystery  arm injury, where he couldn't  play for a year?  Such b_______t. 

I’ll bite. I love a good tin foil hat theory myself....why do you think Luck’s shoulder injury was BS? serious question. 

I remember ppl were concerned about his arm strength early last year but he played fine. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

With the decision to not recoup any of Andrew Luck’s signing or roster bonuses (h/t @AdamSchefter) the #Colts will take on dead cap hits of $18.4M in 2019, & $6.4M in 2020. Luck will earn $12M cash in 2019 from his roster bonuses, bringing his career earnings to $109M.

$6 million is Jamison Crowder, Jamal Adams money 

he should pay the colts back without question 

Why pay them  back if they aren't asking him to? 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Luck is an egg back there.  Colts are better off cause this guy couldnt take the hits anymore.

I think you may be right.  Colts I could see going 8-8 or 9-7 this year with a shot at the wildcard.  They still have a good OL, a couple good receivers and an improving defense.  Brissett isn’t bad.  Then they draft Fromm next year who’s projected as a mid first rd pick

Who ******* cares? Does he owe you money or something? 
Rival is weakened. Good. 
Luck is retiring from a game to live his life. Good for him.
Spoiled hillbilly fans of team that has had elite level QB play for 2 decades are angry. **** 'em.
Anything else on the subject is just stupidity. 

Agree smart decision for himself and his future no one knows individuals tolerance of pain except that individual. Football is a business and he made a healthy decision can’t fault him for that now if I was a colts fan I wouldn’t be so rational with what I just said. But I’m a Jets fan so I’m happy that it does weaken an AFC opponent and wish him ( LUCK ) in his future endeavors..

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The narrative the lemmings believe is luck was some great qb whos career was ruined by the colts.

The reality is luck never lived up to what he was projected to be, held onto the ball way to long and got whalloped and was not very durable.

Luck’s career ending this way is just as much his fault as it is the colts organization.  

The perception is hes some martyr and that is just not true.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The narrative the lemmings believe is luck was some great qb whos career was ruined by the colts.

The reality is luck never lived up to what he was projected to be, held onto the ball way to long and got whalloped and was not very durable.

Luck’s career ending this way is just as much his fault as it is the colts organization.  

The perception is hes some martyr and that is just not true.

Luck was projected to be the next Elway or Peyton coming out

He was very good but never fulfilled his promise.  Yes part was on bad management and losing Arians after his rookie year but yes he wasn’t as good as the hype

• Upvote 1

Truth be told this is just another chapter in the New York Jets 50 year curse that has been broken. It started with Luck being healthy enough to convince the Colts organization to trade the 3rd overall pick in 2018 to the Jets who ended up drafting their future franchise QB with that pick.

In 2019 the NY Jets will be fighting for a 9-7 wildcard spot that would have been occupied by the Colts. Without Luck, the Colts finish at 8-8 & miss the playoffs & our Jets slip into the last Wild Card slot. This is just the 1st shoe to drop that propels the Jets into relevancy in the AFC playoff chase. There will be more to come & it started with Joes embarrassing MNF moment & he quit drinking & asked for forgiveness. He had been foresaken his Sins & a giant cloud that had enveloped this team since his guarantee has been lifted.

You will all be believers by the end of the season. Repent.

• WTF? 2

8 hours ago, Hael said:

Sad day for the NFL.  He was a generational talent that just couldn't quite get there due to rank mismanagement and injuries. 

The NFL *does* have an injury problem.  It's been pushed under the table for decades, but the world is changing and social media is exposing the pretty seedy underbelly of the league.  When you watch Hard knocks and you have players happily casting up their broken limbs to play in a meaningless preseason game, you are instantly aware of what type of unspoken pressure must be on all of these players and what the long term effects of that sort of daily neglect can have.

Yea, we were all told to be tough and unbreakable but there's something pretty insane about watching broken down ex football players who can barely get out of bed at the young age of 40.  It's all just covered up and paid off with money, and a flashy corporate media but football is probably the worst of all sports in terms of long term injuries and people are beginning to keep their kids away.

Football is my favorite sport but there’s no chance I’d ever let my child play. If I ever have kids. 

It’s Roman Gladiators 2.0

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Good for Luck, hes under 30, has a pretty wife. And wont have to worry about anything for the rest of his life with all that money hes made. 

Screw the Colts. Many NFL execs and players have said this is a cut throat business. And it is. It also works both ways. He owes them nothing. 

His teammates. Its a bummer for them. But they'll still get paid.

The fans. Life sucks. Its just a game. Its entertainment. Luck chose not to get beat up for anyones entertainment anymore.  I can understand that.

I wouldn't be shocked if this starts happening more. When players leave the game with good health and money on their own terms instead of the game throwing them out. 

Chris Borland retiring is the only similar thing I can think of in recent years. His retirement was almost more shocking (on a smaller scale obviously) because he went out as a stud rookie without cashing in on a second contract.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Chris Borland retiring is the only similar thing I can think of in recent years. His retirement was almost more shocking (on a smaller scale obviously) because he went out as a stud rookie without cashing in on a second contract.

Gronk was 29 when he retired no1 cares. Luck retires people are in an uproar. I guess timing is the issue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1