Mobile ticketing

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Actually, he walked up to the register and stated "I am a season ticket holder and I'd like to apply the discount," to which the cashier said she didn't know how to verify that. It isn't on the customer to know how to jump through the hoops.

I'd argue that the poor minimum wage cashier isn't the one who should be educated on how to access season ticket holder perks.  That's on the season ticket holder.  I mean, it's common sense than any one of the 82,500 people in the stadium could claim to be a STH and deserving of a discount.

Either way, now you know.  Update your NY Jets app, log in to your Jets Rewards account on the Rewards tab, and next time you're in the Jets Shop just flash the QR code that comes up and you're all set.

SAR I

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

This isn't about saving printing costs, and it is partly about data, but what it is REALLY about is the team and nfl controlling the secondary ticket market. They control and see where every ticket goes for the life of the ticket. They can make it difficult to sell in marketplaces where they don't want it sold, and can find ways to participate in profiting on the secondary market. 

This.  It allows the NFL to control which third-party ticket sites sell NFL tickets.  It also effectively eliminates counterfeiting.  Ticket scalpers are down to moving only parking passes and nothing else.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

This.  It allows the NFL to control which third-party ticket sites sell NFL tickets.  It also effectively eliminates counterfeiting.  Ticket scalpers are down to moving only parking passes and nothing else.

SAR I

SAR I with computer hacking involving major corporations and banks don't you think eventually hackers will find a way to counterfeit electronic digital tickets. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with computer hacking involving major corporations and banks don't you think eventually hackers will find a way to counterfeit electronic digital tickets. 

Sure, the real pro's will figure it out.

But I'm talking about the two-bit scalpers in the hoodies in the parking lots that used to be a fixture in Giants Stadium.  You don't see those guys anymore except by the entrances to the lots because the parking passes are the only physical tickets available to them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure, the real pro's will figure it out.

But I'm talking about the two-bit scalpers in the hoodies in the parking lots that used to be a fixture in Giants Stadium.  You don't see those guys anymore except by the entrances to the lots because the parking passes are the only physical tickets available to them.

SAR I

Remember how they used to stand on the side of the ramp off of Rt 3 as you entered the stadium like vultures. 

I haven't seen the guys walking around collecting aluminum cans anymore either. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Remember how they used to stand on the side of the ramp off of Rt 3 as you entered the stadium like vultures. 

I haven't seen the guys walking around collecting aluminum cans anymore either. 

All we have to do now is get rid of the guys throwing footballs and drinking beer and we'll be all set.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't know if it would be really profitable to do it.  That said, someone will figure it out.  I'd definitely avoid someone selling tickets, or anything else for that matter, who wants to be paid with Venmo or Zelle.  Only use those for people you know. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All we have to do now is get rid of the guys throwing footballs and drinking beer and we'll be all set.

SAR I

Throwing footballs I agree especially the guys who cant catch or throw, drinking beer disagree unless of course they are out of control drunkards. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don't drink beer or any alcohol. I do have to say you are probably the only person that is less fun at parties than I am lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, joebabyny said:

My phone did in fact die in the stadium, how will they account for that happening to people?

I have 2 season ticket accounts with 4 seats each. I am wondering how the app handles juggling 2 accounts?

Now that the tix will live on my phone, how do my guests have verification to ushers?

Am I going to have to pull out my phone and swipe around when going to my seats? That will be fun with 2 arm fulls of mediocre food and over priced beer.

This isn't about saving printing costs, and it is partly about data, but what it is REALLY about is the team and nfl controlling the secondary ticket market. They control and see where every ticket goes for the life of the ticket. They can make it difficult to sell in marketplaces where they don't want it sold, and can find ways to participate in profiting on the secondary market. 

I agree with all of this.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

What do I do if I run out of gas?  Are there gas stations in the parking lots?

Everyone needs to keep calling to complain.  Only way they will make a change.  

SAR I

Not all questions are bad faith. 

But I am curious: is there any ownership move you disagree with in the last five years?

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't drink beer or any alcohol. I do have to say you are probably the only person that is less fun at parties than I am lol.

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

Are you still driving a 3 series? That probably costs less than the truck the guy throwing the football drove in. So he will be respectful even though his is bigger and more expensive.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This still hasn’t told me why these clowns got rid of the rewards card 

12 hours ago, joebabyny said:

My phone did in fact die in the stadium, how will they account for that happening to people?

I have 2 season ticket accounts with 4 seats each. I am wondering how the app handles juggling 2 accounts?

Now that the tix will live on my phone, how do my guests have verification to ushers?

Am I going to have to pull out my phone and swipe around when going to my seats? That will be fun with 2 arm fulls of mediocre food and over priced beer.

They push too hard and folks stop getting season tickets. 

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Dude. I never Bring one of my BMW's to games I have beater for events and things of the sort, you know like a station car that all my friends that commute into the city have. Try it you'll have '' no worries''.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

poor baby.

43 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Dude. I never Bring one of my BMW's to games I have beater for events and things of the sort, you know like a station car that all my friends that commute into the city have. Try it you'll have '' no worries''.

Driving through the yellow parking lots to get to the green lot is one of the best opportunities for others to be envious of ones BMW. I should not be denied that pleasure because a few drunks want to toss balls. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Driving through the yellow parking lots to get to the green lot is one of the best opportunities for others to be envious of ones BMW. I should not be denied that pleasure because a few drunks want to toss balls. 

SAR I

So you want to get rid of all the beer drinkers and football tossers but crave their admiration while you drive through the yellow lot in your BMW? Not sure that.s the car that population would get too excited for. Go get a Ford Raptor for game days, you be legend. They might even introduce you to some of their cleaning lady friends who dabble in the prostitution on the side.  

• Haha 1